It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tagging no longer gives you points

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
A good way to get points is to post your own photos in the Photography of ATS members thread. If they are liked enough, or subjectively considered really good by the people that can dish out points, then you'll probably get 'applauded' and get 250 points for each applause.

good point Nygdan:
Applauses are A great way to earn points. Even without using the photo section.
Quality posts will often times get applauses from staff(such as yourself Nygdan...lol)

I for one am very glad the points system has been removed from the tagging.
I have placed about 100 tags in the lat two months and have always tried to make the tag relevant to the topic. I tried to think if I was doing a search, What would I type to find what I was searching for. The tagging is a great idea. There are many many times when I am posting in a thread that I cross post other relevant threads into the thread Im in. The tagging system has been immensly helpful to me in this regard.

Thanks for keeping the tag system up and running despite the obvious abuse by some of our more point hungry members.(if points are why your here, your here for the wrong reasons!) This site is not about earning points. It is about sharing information and discovering truth/debunking lies and myths.

When the tagging system first came out and you guys were giving away 10,000 points I made it a point to not tag any threads(i only started taggin them after it went to five points. I personally felt that 10,000 points for typing a word was not earned.

Way to go staff... Way to, once again, not let the wool be pulled over your eyes

<< 1  2  3   >>

join