It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

members of Congress pay raise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
This sh@t makes me sick !!!
edition.cnn.com...

For some reason, our elected officials decided against holding a news conference. Maybe that's because they didn't want to draw attention to the fact that they raise their own salaries almost every year while refusing to raise the pay of our lowest-paid workers.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
These vampires in washington are not gonna stop until they suck this country dry.

Although this story is not a suprise, it is a serious insult to the American people.

9 million americans +:
---------------------------
5.15 per hour
x40 hours
--------------
206 (before taxes) per week
x52 weeks
--------------
10,712 (before taxes)

and now for congress:

170,000 per year income
(div) 52 weeks
-----------------
3,269.23 per week
(div) 40 hours
------------------
81.73 per hour

Oh yeah they need that money much more then the poor(but hard working) people of this nation.

Good to see my tax dollars lining they're pockets.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Its the same world over here in NZ the reserve bank govor clamied that any large (read any increase ) in the min wage would drive up inflation and yet he was able to get a 15% pay rise.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
TONE23:

What's worse, getting paid the ~$80/hr, or getting paid the ~$80/hr to do nothing? I think it would be ok if they did their STINKING JOBS!! If they did what they were SUPPOSED to be doing in the first place, we wouldn't have a problem giving them what they ask for pay-wise, and this would be a non-issue.

TheBorg

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Death, taxes, AND congressional pay raise’s…

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I agree completely Borg.

It is because they are not doing the job they were paid so much to do; while at the same time denying the lower class a chance at a leg up; that makes it even more disgraceful. I was merely illustrating the huge gap financially.

Even if they DID do they're job its still no excuse for not raising the min. wage for what, almost a decade? while simultaneously raising their own already fat saleries every year in the same time period.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23

81.73 per hour

Oh yeah they need that money much more then the poor(but hard working) people of this nation.

Good to see my tax dollars lining they're pockets.

Don't forget their vacation time, their cushy health care plan and their federal pension plan, no social security for THEM.
Add at least another 10-20 dollars per hour ............. :shk:

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
No doubt Tread

Besides those fringe benefits they also get connections to careers that will pay them many times they're current income.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23
Even if they DID do they're job its still no excuse for not raising the min. wage for what, almost a decade? while simultaneously raising their own already fat saleries every year in the same time period.

Well, you must understand that if they raised the minimum wage, everything else would just rise in price, because min wage is determined by each company's output costs, minus the company's overhead. This stiffs the middle class still because that raises the costs of those things that the middle class made. The problem here is the fact that the corporations are "skimming" too much in "overhead costs" off of the top to line their own pockets with to bother giving us any. If they all shared their profits with their employees, there'd be no problems here.

TheBorg

new topics

top topics

join