It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Member Upload Area is not working

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Despite the aftermath of the last thread I've posted here, I felt that this issue must be addressed because it is important and I need help. I have tried to upload my new avatar, but I got this message:

"Access Error"

Is there a mod, supermod, or the three amigos that could help explain what is going on? Or, if I am doing something wrong in uploading my avatar?

Thanks a lot and take care,

Ceci

[edit on 22-6-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Try uploading it from ATS. There are certain parts of the site that don't always work with certain other parts. Like you can't get into chat from BTS.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
For as long as I can remember, the Member Upload feature never worked from BTS or PTS. I just went and checked; to my surprise, it works from both boards for me.

I hardly ever use it though, I use photobucket most of the time.

www.photobucket.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Thanks guys. I will try it from ATS and see if it works.

Update: I have successfully uploaded my new avatar on ATS. Again, thank you very much for your advice! I am very grateful for it!

Ceci

[edit on 22-6-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Your new avatar looks great.

It would blend perfectly with color '010066'.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Thank you again for your kind words, Mechanic 32. I'll take your advice and "try" the new color to blend in with my avatar......

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Firewall

Originally posted by ceci2006
I have tried to upload my new avatar, but I got this message:

"Access Error"

This is almost always caused by some sort of firewall protection or browser settings.

If you use Norton Personal Firewall, for example, you may want to (temporarily!) disable it and see if that helps.

I'm not sure about its internal workings, but sometimes I find I need to restart my browser after shutting off NPF to get it to let the connection go through.

Be sure to let us know if you don't think it's a firewall issue (but it almost certainly is).

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally quoted by Majic

This is almost always caused by some sort of firewall protection or browser settings.

If you use Norton Personal Firewall, for example, you may want to (temporarily!) disable it and see if that helps.

I'm not sure about its internal workings, but sometimes I find I need to restart my browser after shutting off NPF to get it to let the connection go through.

Be sure to let us know if you don't think it's a firewall issue (but it almost certainly is).

Majic,

I know that I don't have Norton's Personal Firewall, but I am using another firewall system. However, I don't know what it is because it is part of my computer system. But, I will take your word for it that it is a firewall problem. Because when I have tried to upload other things, I have gotten the same message. However, I will take your advice and try to disable my firewall to let the connection get through.

It's just that I am a little leery about disabling the firewall because it is there for protection against other things that might interfere with my computer. I will deal with my qualms the next time when I want to upload something.

Thank you for the advice. It helps me gain a clearer perspective on this problem.

Take good care,

Ceci

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Beyond The Wall

Originally posted by ceci2006
It's just that I am a little leery about disabling the firewall because it is there for protection against other things that might interfere with my computer. I will deal with my qualms the next time when I want to upload something.

That's a good attitude: it's not wise to surf the net without "protection".

Ideally, you will be able to open a specific hole in your firewall for ATS, and not compromise your system's security.

The details for doing this will vary from one application to the next, but in general, you should be able to allow certain kinds of connections to ATS only.

In this case I think it is HTML upload protocol, but I'm a slacker and haven't kept up with that sort of thing, so I'm not sure.

If nothing else, you now know that the problem is not on this end. Uploads are working fine -- I just double-checked.

So that points directly at settings on your end.

Whatever the dillio may be, good luck.

[edit on 6/22/2006 by Majic]

new topics

top topics

join