It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Troops Killed US Trainers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It is being reported that in 2004 Iraqi troops killed two US trainers. Both of the trainers were national guard on a patrol out side of Baghdad. There deaths were originally reported as an ambush.

www.latimes.com
A military investigation has found that Iraqi troops being trained by American forces killed two California National Guard soldiers two years ago during a patrol north of Baghdad, an Army spokesman said Tuesday.

National Guard Spc. Patrick R. McCaffrey Sr., 34, of Tracy and 1st Lt. Andre D. Tyson, 33, of Riverside were killed in June 2004 by the Iraqis as they walked in the farmland outside of the town of Balad, about 50 miles from the capital.

Their deaths were originally attributed to an ambush by insurgents, but after looking into the incident for several months, the Army's Criminal Investigation Command concluded that the soldiers had been killed by supposed allies.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It does say that there was an investigation going on. And it does take a long time for this government to conduct things like. For lack of a better term maybe they are trying to "grok" the situation. But any with all the deaths that there has been I don't know if these two being reclassified is going to amount to a hill of beans in this messed up world we live in.

Related News Links:
www.channel3000.com
www.news10.net

[edit on 21/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
hmm. the question is, is it an accidental friendly fire or were they terrorists in disguise?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well friendly fire tends to get reported, like when the US accidentaly dropped a bomb on a Canadian convoy awhile back. This may have originally been part of a cover-up.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Dyepes,
At this point I kina half to agree with your idea. Yes im an ATS user and maby a little paranoid, but oh well

top topics

join