It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The rapture doesn't mean.........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I have recently become aware that some people believe that after the rapture, there is no salvation for anyone else. This is not true.

The people left behind are not doomed to the pits of hell. There is salvation after the rapture of the church. There are verses in the Bible that tell of salvation after the rapture and this salvation means sins are forgiven and heaven is the eternal destiny of those people also.

I can certainly see why people have the wrong attitude toward people who are currently christian if they also believe that salvation stops at the rapture of the church and if they believe that we think that.

Salvation does not stop at the rapture.

[edit on 21-6-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
The reason people have the wrong idea about christianity is because it doesn't hold up with the christian portrayal of God being loving and the bible says He is righteous and merciful.

It doesn't make sense and so it is esteemed as nonsense by many outside of the church's power of persuasion---and when they ask any confident christian for proof, the proof is even less convincing. So then many times they are given the idea that it is their 'rejection' that will be their downfall--when they won't sacrifice their reasoning mind for one compromised by new and complicated anxieties.

It makes God seem like the bad guy instead of the way that you are seeking Him to be shown--the only way to truly prove God is by showing His nature in your own actions--both from the heart and from the level of a scholar (if you feel obligated to teach or answer questions).

If God's followers are nothing like He is, then what's the point, anyway? If I am free already, then I certainly wouldn't see any reason to pick up a religion that is supposed to be 'truth that will set me free' yet seems like a stifling and iffy proposition, at best...

Bad PR--not 'unsaved' souls. You're actually working against what you think you are working toward.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I always thought that "The Rapture" was never mentioned in the bible, but came about in the early 1800's by a Jesuit priest? The whole thing is made up.

[edit on 22-6-2006 by madhatter]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
The reason people have the wrong idea about christianity is because it doesn't hold up with the christian portrayal of God being loving and the bible says He is righteous and merciful.

God is all those things and more. He is Holy and as such, He cannot tolerate anything that isn’t holy. The Bible says that our own righteousness is like filthy rags. That means ALL of us. But when He see those who have accepted His sacrifice, he only see the glory of Jesus.

It doesn't make sense and so it is esteemed as nonsense by many outside of the church's power of persuasion---and when they ask any confident christian for proof, the proof is even less convincing. So then many times they are given the idea that it is their 'rejection' that will be their downfall--when they won't sacrifice their reasoning mind for one compromised by new and complicated anxieties.

That is because we are using finite minds to try and understand the infinite. Faith is a powerful thing. True faith cannot be destroyed. Your faith in your belief is probably just as strong as my faith in my belief. I belong to no church. My faith has given me an understanding that is difficult to explain.

It makes God seem like the bad guy instead of the way that you are seeking Him to be shown--the only way to truly prove God is by showing His nature in your own actions--both from the heart and from the level of a scholar (if you feel obligated to teach or answer questions)

I agree! We are all works in progress. None of us are perfect. I try to live my life by the teachings that Jesus left us. Love God with all your heart, keep the commandments, repent of your wrongdoings, and love your neighbor as you love yourself.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
The Bible says that our own righteousness is like filthy rags.

And God let me see, with my heart heavy with sorrow, that it is indeed true! And it will not change if we try to change it ourselves. We cannot. It is impossible.

That is because we are using finite minds to try and understand the infinite.

Exactly! Who can know the ways of GOD? Only through the mind of Christ--which we cannot grab hold of on our own--the only way to the cross is hand in hand with God--when and where He determines it's time to go....

He draws us--we cannot choose to go. And when He calls us--we cannot refuse to go.

Faith is a powerful thing. True faith cannot be destroyed.

True faith comes by no human power, it is the understanding and feeling of Christ's love which comes into our hearts and gives us no choice but to believe. We cannot hope for things unless we feel sure that they are there--even unseen we feel them, but we cannot create them out of thin air.

Your faith in your belief is probably just as strong as my faith in my belief.

All true faith is equal, because it is not our 'faith in' but rather 'faith of Him.' It is a gift not an action we give rise to.

My faith has given me an understanding that is difficult to explain.

No need to explain--to me at least. I know what you are saying.

None of us are perfect. I try to live my life by the teachings that Jesus left us. Love God with all your heart, keep the commandments, repent of your wrongdoings, and love your neighbor as you love yourself.

And all the rest is details~!

Amen, darkelf!!

To God be the Glory, great things HE HAS DONE!

top topics

join