It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are the oil companies are screwing themselves?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
i remember reading somewhere that oil companies were buying out people who designed different ways of getting better gas mileage in cars. do you think it is a bad idea for these oil companies not to incorporate these features into cars? by not doing this, it uses oil up faster and their companies will just go out of business that much quicker. has anyone else seen the article regarding this? i cant seem to find it

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
i guess no one wants to answer

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
If you look at all the oil CEO's and heads, youll see that they are pretty old. I think that their ways are set and they are too ignorant to think about global warming. Also, there is plenty of oil around...look up shale oil in the rocky mountains...so they probably are living for the moment, not thinking about the future. Goes deeper then just looking at someone from an objective view point, they have reasons for doing this, be it ego or greed....

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The oil companys arent screwing themselvs you have to bear in mind that every alternative energy idea that they buy out or drive into ground will be kept under lock and key for future use. If "peak oil " dose occur we will see the oil companys rolling out the alternative energy ideas a number of years before it happens to ensure they still have a monopoly.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The oil companies aren't going to go out of business when the planet runs out of oil. They'll just switch their product line to offer the new type of fuel that becomes the standard.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
..one which is very hard to answer, imagine, they had this tech since the 1920s or so, why not price the gas higher from the start, make the same profit and do it much longer?

i don't get it, inertia and stupidity can't be used as an excuse, because these people are ruling the world at the same time.

new topics

top topics

join