It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you date? (curious about motivations)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I feel warmly in my body when dating
maybe because my family isn't tight at all.

So I want someone whom spend the moment with me closely.
I don't want sex or anything,just feel warmly...

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Ok, here's why I date...

To meet someone who, together, we can mutually help each other to experience such things as love, trust, and basically to have purpose.

I rarely date, but when I do it's with always with someone I sorta know already and who I really like. I don't just go up to a pretty girl and ask her out. I try to get to know her through some means first. Physical attraction is one thing, but it means little in the long run compared to personality. Don't get me wrong though... I'm attracted to beautiful women, and in turn try to keep up my looks as well.
There's just more to it than that though.

I date because I hope that the person I'm dating might be someone I could spend the rest of my life with, not just to have a one-night stand.

- to feel special? yep
- to feel needed? check
- to have someone to talk to/trust? definately
- to help someone? yes. to love/listen/care is to help, and brings purpose to life as well
- to show off when you bring your hotty to a party? it's a nice bonus, but not why I date
- to get some "action"? a bonus of being in love, but not a reason to date
- because it's what everyone else is doing? not really, but it's tough when you see others experiencing what you aren't

Anyway, it's interesting to see the different opinions on this subject. I don't consider one reason for dating more right or wrong than the other... some people like flings, some like commitment. That's the beauty of being an individual. We're all different, experiencing life in our own way.

[edit on 7/19/2006 by Kruel]

<< 1   >>

join