posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:54 PM
Ok, here's why I date...
To meet someone who, together, we can mutually help each other to experience such things as love, trust, and basically to have purpose.
I rarely date, but when I do it's with always with someone I sorta know already and who I really like. I don't just go up to a pretty girl and ask
her out. I try to get to know her through some means first. Physical attraction is one thing, but it means little in the long run compared to
personality. Don't get me wrong though... I'm attracted to beautiful women, and in turn try to keep up my looks as well. There's just more to
it than that though.
I date because I hope that the person I'm dating might be someone I could spend the rest of my life with, not just to have a one-night stand.
- to feel special? yep
- to feel needed? check
- to have someone to talk to/trust? definately
- to help someone? yes. to love/listen/care is to help, and brings purpose to life as well
- to show off when you bring your hotty to a party? it's a nice bonus, but not why I date
- to get some "action"? a bonus of being in love, but not a reason to date
- because it's what everyone else is doing? not really, but it's tough when you see others experiencing what you aren't
Anyway, it's interesting to see the different opinions on this subject. I don't consider one reason for dating more right or wrong than the
other... some people like flings, some like commitment. That's the beauty of being an individual. We're all different, experiencing life in our
[edit on 7/19/2006 by Kruel]