It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Terri Schiavo be allowed to die. / 10/22/04 UPDATE

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
I putting this whole thread on notice: The infighting, petty insults, threats and the like will STOP now. If you cannot remain civil on this topic please refrain from posting. Any further violations of the T&C of the site will result in warnings, and this thread closed.

Thanks
FredT

[edit on 3/26/05 by FredT]

and I disagree with you on this.... they should be warned and banned, closing this thread wouldn't be right... there are a lot of us who are "civil" in this thread and actually adding content to it.

[edit on 3/26/05 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I recently talked to a District attorny who reviewed this case. He found out that the parents and husband were working together to Help Terry until the husband recived the money for Terry's care and "Loss of companion". Then the parents started fighting legally to do what ever it took to keep terry in care, so in the end the Husband would lose money, since the parents never recived any of the money themselves.

in short, if the parents Got some of the money we would not be talking about it. If the husband has any morals or ethics in his body he will take the money that is for Terrys care and give what is left to charity in her name so otehrs may live

It sickens me that I recently read an article where the parents are trying to serve holy communion to thier daughter with the idea that a wafer might prolong her "life" another day.

I have said it before, if there is to be a miracle, lets pull all the plugs and make it a really good one. And if someone commits murder in the process. I know God is a compassionit and caring God who abounds in forgiveness, and that Terry will just arrive in heaven a bit sooner

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Jumpin Jehosephat! So this reportedly stems from the parents having a grudge, because they did not receive any funds? Interesting, have'nt heard that one yet.

I know one thing; this will teach people to have a living will drafted, hell I already did.

On a bit of a side note: Anybody else find it ironic that someone; who's present condition is a direct result of their eating disorder, now has their life hanging in the balance, & dependant upon a feeding tube?

Score one for karma.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1wintermute1
On a bit of a side note: Anybody else find it ironic that someone; who's present condition is a direct result of their eating disorder, now has their life hanging in the balance, & dependant upon a feeding tube?
Score one for karma.

I have not heard this one.... Terri had an eating disorder ?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

I have not heard this one.... Terri had an eating disorder ?

Um....yeah... She was bulemic and her original stroke or whatever was brought on by potassium deficiency.

There's an argument for eating up your bananas. They've got plenty of other good stuff in 'em too.. Heck, rubbing the inside of a banana peel on a mosquito bite will take away the itch and sting!

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I think in this case...it is more inhumane to keep the plugs in, than to pull them. I certantly see why people wouldnt want the plugs to be pulled..i mean thats taking away a human life. But, on the flipside...what really makes us what we are. Is it the brain? Or is it the body? I really think its her time to go...i think it was her time to go awhile ago, 13 years is too many.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I heard she died. RIP Terri.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar
I think starving someone to death is cruel and inhumane. According to the article below there's going to be a state to probe family's claim of spousal abuse. It's about time.

terrisfight.org...

EXACTLY CORRECT.
What a way to treat somebody.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Stop me if you heard this one...

A man heard on TV there was going to be a massive flood in the area. A neighbor comes rushing over saying "we've gotta get out of town, a flood is coming!". The man calmly responded, "my faith in God will rescue me from death". Well it starts pouring hard. The man seals himself tight in his home and hears a knock on his window. Astonished, he opened it up and saw a woman in a boat telling him to jump in so they can row away. Again he responds, "no thanks, my faith in God will rescue me". Hours later the man is on his roof as the waters practically engulf his house. Still the rain is coming down. A helicopter drops a ladder and the pilot shouts "grab on! We'll get you to safety!." He looked around, sighed and said, "no need, my faith in God will rescue me". The pilot says, "suit yourself" and flies off. Well, the rains kept coming and the man died by drowning. In heaven he goes up to God and said, "God! I had faith that you'd rescue me from death, why didn't you?". God said, "Look. I told you over TV, I sent your neighbor, a boat, and a helicopter. What do you want from me?"

I do like that story.

My point: God blesses us with the ability to care for and sustain life. Ultimately it is His decision, but to sit and do nothing expecting a miracle is just plain lazy. God works through us and with us so that we participate in being part of that miracle too.

[edit on 31-3-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by subscorpion
I think in this case...it is more inhumane to keep the plugs in, than to pull them. I certantly see why people wouldnt want the plugs to be pulled..i mean thats taking away a human life. But, on the flipside...what really makes us what we are. Is it the brain? Or is it the body? I really think its her time to go...i think it was her time to go awhile ago, 13 years is too many.

I agree with you subscorpion. The sad fact is that Terri was dead the day she had her heart attack all those years ago. Her brain was without oxygen far too long. They should never have tried to resusitate (sp) her. It was a recipe for disaster.

But I'm sure this will not be allowed to rest. Its very, very sad.

I hope she is at peace now.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
well... several months later I guess I got my answer...

Yes, Terry was allowed to die.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join