It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rapture happened last thursday.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by toolman
There is no teaching of a rapture before them, and the hysteria surrounding this supposed event is amusing at best, frightening at worst.
And dangerous in reality....

that so many people corrupt the teachings of Christ so badly.

:

If I had any more votes, you'd get one right now, but alas I have spent my democratic input for righteous words this month...

[edit on 6/22/2006 by queenannie38]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by dbrandt

Well, if you are not any more deserving of His mercy, why then do you expect to receive such when you state that others will not?

And I stated this where?

You just don't get it. Forget it. I wash my hands of it.

What is the problem about showing me where I said something............I know, you can't, because I never said it. I have never said in my entire time on ats that salvation in Christ is for a select few. That is something you infer into what I do say because you are bound and determined to believe that there are not truthful christian denominations that are alive and well. You think Christianity is corrupt through and through and not one single christian knows what he or she is talking about.

I'll say this once again. There will be untold millions to perhaps billions saved after the rapture during the tribulation period.

More rapture verses:
Matthew 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

2Thes.2
[1] Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
[2] That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
[3] Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
[4] Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
[5] Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
[6] And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
[7] For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
[8] And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
[9] Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
[10] And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
[11] And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
[12] That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
[13] But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
[14] Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
[15] Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
[16] Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,
[17] Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

[Matthew 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
[43] But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
[44] Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Matt.25
[1] Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
[2] And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
[3] They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
[4] But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
[5] While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
[6] And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
[7] Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
[8] And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
[9] But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
[10] And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
[11] Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
[12] But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
[13] Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

The Bible is very specific about how long the tribulation period will last, 2520 days. But we are told several times that we don't know when Christ will return. Once the covenant is signed by the antichrist it will be 2,520 days until Christ returns, it can be figured out. But wait remember we are told we don't know the date of his coming, another contradiction? No

The date of his physical return to earth can be figured out 2,520 after the covenant. The date we don't know is when the pre-tribulation rapture is, that is the date we don't know. We are told to be ready for it, watch for it, pray for it, we are even told to be awake so that we don't miss it.

The parable of the 10 virgins. Remember they are all virgins waiting for Christ. Only 5 were ready. The other 5 weren't and the door was shut and they experienced the tribulation while the first 5 went with the Bridegroom(Jesus). They will still be saved but something kept them from going in the first time Christ showed up(whatever that is, is debatable, and I have my own guess).

This is not all the rapture verses and parables we have been given, but more to read so that others will be ready also.

I pray that so many people come to Christ now, and after the rapture that God has to make heaven bigger, because we have taken to heart what He has told us in the Bible, and done our part in passing it on to as many as have ears to hear.

[edit on 22-6-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   

There is no teaching of a rapture before them, and the hysteria surrounding this supposed event is amusing at best, frightening at worst.
And dangerous in reality....

Sorry but hopefully I will get this question answered so far you are refusing to answer my questions, but here goes.

How exactly is the rapture frightening and dangerous?

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   

What is the problem about showing me where I said something............I know, you can't, because I never said it.

You don't have to!! It is not your mouth but rather your heart that I can hear. You don't even hear it--this I do know, as well. But if you don't hear it, how will you ever know?

Read 1 John chapter 2. Your words are nothing that can hide what is inside--and if your love were perfected by God I would know. Only because I am imperfect in the worst possible way and so I know what a wonder He does.

What did God tell Ezekiel? My duty to you and to myself is why I hound you like the devil himself, and pick on your every word. If you really were willing toward God, you'd ask Him to prove my words. But you assume I'm full of BS because I don't belong to your club. It is better to prove me wrong than to assume anything--but you don't even seek to do that! Look past the standard scriptures believed to be about rapture and try to prove without any of them that what the preachers and all say is really in there.

If you do, you will find it is not founded on scripture at all, but on assumptions and imagination. Not yours, but you are believing men instead of God--and then trying to convince others.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

The main point of peril is the fact that when Christ returns many people will not recognize him because they are thinking they are going to see Him in body, and anyone else 'on a white horse' is going to be judged as the antichrist.

This won't hurt the rider of that horse, if sent by God then God protects. But what will happen is that all those who believe what's not true will have strife amongst themselves and even try to hurt each other--and what seems like devotion to God will end up being hatred toward each other.

Recognize that Christ is all that is pure and true and only love without any violence or bad intentions toward anyone.

If you don't look for God who is pure spirit (love) you will certainly be deceived.

And you can't say you weren't warned, either.

Please just think about these things--I wouldn't say them unless I didn't care about you and love you as one of God's children. We all are His children, and we all must love each other. But agreement and persuasion aren't love. Only truth can voice love and it might hurt for a bit but it will quickly heal.

God's wrath is only for hypocrites and liars and those who blaspheme His spirit.

Which is love and truth.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   

If you really were willing toward God, you'd ask Him to prove my words. But you assume I'm full of BS because I don't belong to your club.

First off I want it understand that as I write I am not in any way mad.

Since I have been saved by receiving Christ as my Savior, that means the Holy Spirit has taken up residence in me. The Holy Spirit impresses upon my spirit the truth concerning God/Jesus/the Bible/etc. and lies concerning the same.

So when I hear things concerning the above mentioned, it is tested as to whether or not it's truth or not, because it filters through the Holy Spirit and He lets me know what is right and wrong. And I have tell you 99% of what you say is impressed upon my spirit as false.

Now as far as me thinking you are full of something. It seems you have assumed something. Your wrong, because I don't swear. So I would never say or think anyone is full of something like that because for me to swear or think swearing about someone and something they said would be a sin.

What I think is that you are deceived to a great degree. This "club" I belong to that you aren't fond of, is always accepting new members, as a matter of fact it has no limit to how many it will let join.

You are fond of the word love and through it around alot. Which is not a bad thing, but what we think is love and the love God wants us to have for others is different.

Lets say there are two fathers each with a child. Both children are the same age and begin going outside to play at 2 years old. The fathers take them out and are tossing around a ball with them.

Across the street each child's mother comes out of the neighbor's house. The kids see their moms and begin to run into the street to go to them. One father lets his child go without saying a word. The other father has to yell for the child to stop and even has to run to grab him. The child tries to still get to the mom his own way. The dad has to swat the child on the butt to get his attention off how he wants to get to his mom and onto what the dad is doing and saying. He begins to cry and is not happy and doesn't like to be told how to get to mom and is irritated.

Which father is showing love?

The one who had to run after and discipline and then explain the dangers in the streets with cars. The one who is setting limits and teaching right and wrong actions. The one who says you can't cross the road like you want to do. You have to get to mom a certain way. There is a certain way to be safe so that you can make it to the other side of the road alive and see mom.

That's just the way it is, a car at 35 mph hitting a 2 year old body means injury and maybe death. There is nothing that can change that, someone can ignore that but it won't change the reality of a car hitting a 2 year old.

God has said the same thing to us. You can't just run out into the "street" to get to me, because there is a right way to get to me, others end in death. There is a certain to get to me, that's just the way it is, someone can ignore or refuse to believe it but it doesn't change the fact.

That way is Jesus. He has told us this over and over again in the Bible.

You say I am showing no love to people.

Your love says to people, everybody is going to heaven.

I say to people you can't do it your own way, you have to stop, place your faith in what Jesus has done for you for the forgiveness of sin. This irritates some and they don't like that, you know, to be told how to do something. But if you love someone you can't just be quiet when they are blindly running out into the "street" because their way ends in death.

I have love for other people, but it's a different love than what you are talking about.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   

The main point of peril is the fact that when Christ returns many people will not recognize him because they are thinking they are going to see Him in body,

Recognize that Christ is all that is pure and true and only love without any violence or bad intentions toward anyone.

If you don't look for God who is pure spirit (love) you will certainly be deceived.

So are you saying his return is not a physical return?

You seem to be saying that no violence occurs at Christ's return.
You realize the Bible says different. He is coming in judgement at that point.

Revelation 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
[12] His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
[13] And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
[14] And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
[15] And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
[16] And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
[17] And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
[18] That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
[19] And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
[20] And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
[21] And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Do you believe this is a future event or do you believe it has already happened?

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   

What is the problem about showing me where I said something............I know, you can't, because I never said it.

You don't have to!! It is not your mouth but rather your heart that I can hear. You don't even hear it--this I do know, as well. But if you don't hear it, how will you ever know?

I think I just realized a problem here and why you aren't answering my question.

You think I'm asking you to show me where I said I don't love people.

What I am asking is for you to show me is where , I said christianity is an exclusive club that only a small fraction of people get into.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   

It is not your mouth but rather your heart that I can hear.

I think I just realized a problem here and why you aren't answering my question.

The problem, dbrandt, is the fact that you are ignoring my answers. I answer your every question. Every time. But you just don't want to hear what I'm saying or believe that I'm being honest. And if that is a problem, it is not mine.

You think I'm asking you to show me where I said I don't love people.

Didn't you? Mercy is a natural by-product of agape love.

What I am asking is for you to show me is where , I said christianity is an exclusive club that only a small fraction of people get into.

Just do a search on your own posts regarding the subject. You'll find plenty of examples, if you are able to see how you come across rather than what you mean to say.

Step outside yourself for a moment and observe dbrandt as others might see him. Put yourself in the shoes of someone who wants to know God loves them and is worth seeking out. Read what you post a few times and see what it sounds like--warm or cold, concerned or superior.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   

If you really were willing toward God, you'd ask Him to prove my words. But you assume I'm full of BS because I don't belong to your club.

First off I want it understand that as I write I am not in any way mad.

I know you're not.

Since I have been saved by receiving Christ as my Savior, that means the Holy Spirit has taken up residence in me.

Nope. It's not there.

So when I hear things concerning the above mentioned, it is tested as to whether or not it's truth or not, because it filters through the Holy Spirit and He lets me know what is right and wrong.

Tested against what? Just that spirit you say is in there? That's no plumbline.

And I have tell you 99% of what you say is impressed upon my spirit as false.

I'm sure it does. But that doesn't mean it is false. I know what I say is true and if it weren't something I was sure of I wouldn't say it to anyone, privately or on-line. I also know that the easiest person to lie to and get away with is myself. So that's a constant reason for self-check. Not inner self check but from the outside. I know the difference because there was a time--a long time--that I had no idea how deceptive our natural human spirits are and how truly gullible we are to their deceptions. We do it not for the purpose of lying to self--the reasons are far more subtle and they are survival mechanisms of our ego, usually born of constant comparison and contrast with others (judging) so that we can think we are okay and not in need of help or instruction.
Not that I am immune to it now, we never are safe from our own lying potential, but at least when it is recognized, it gets easier and easier to spot and nip in the bud. The first few times, or I should say the first few dozen times, it is a real trial to admit our own weaknesses and things we consider as faults to ourselves--especially realizing that we can't help them much because we are human and that's just the way it is.

Now as far as me thinking you are full of something. It seems you have assumed something. Your wrong, because I don't swear. So I would never say or think anyone is full of something like that because for me to swear or think swearing about someone and something they said would be a sin.

No, my words describing your thoughts. And you just said you feel that 99% of what I say is false. If you truly think that, in whatever terminology, how is it a sin? If it is truth it is not sin.

What I think is that you are deceived to a great degree.

I know you do. You don't even consider that maybe it's the other way around. Not for the benefit of me being right--I don't even care to know what you might discover if you really examined within. But that's pride and pride goeth before a fall. How do I know that? Same way--I was more prideful and stubborn than maybe even Nebuchadnezzar. But it is good to fall and break one's pride--before it is all you have to stand upon....

This "club" I belong to that you aren't fond of, is always accepting new members, as a matter of fact it has no limit to how many it will let join.

No thanks. It's poison. This is why I am 'not fond' of it and refuse the association:

Are not they the ones who blaspheme the excellent name by which you have been called?
Nevertheless, you are doing the right thing if you obey the royal law in keeping with the Scripture, "You must love your neighbor as yourself."
But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and will be convicted by the law as violators. (James 2:7-9 ISV)

This 'partiality' includes self, as well! It hurts me and also makes me mad to hear God spoken of as unmerciful and unable to fully do as He said He would--and what makes it worse is that I don't hear any extolling of how good He truly is or how powerful He is. It's all about what christians gain by 'believing' and that unless a person chooses to go along with a god so petty and mean with childish rules they will go to hell because His love is only so deep and His mercy only mildly suffering of our human frailties!
I know He can do anything because I know what He's done with me. I've been totally transformed! There is not a single person's soul that He cannot convert--He converted mine and so I know He is beyond resistance when He reveals Himself.
I also know that there is nothing I did to make it happen--I did what was commanded, and then I listened....for years...I never thought I was deserving of anything more and I know that the Holy Spirit doesn't come by default with water baptism. Even the bible makes that clear. But most of all, it is because I wasn't much different before than after. Except for what I intended in my heart. And still He tested me for almost 30 years! Not because I was disobedient...but because He loves me and wants me to be strong in Him and grow. It's not a gimme. No man can go to Him unless He draws them. There is no way around that--it is absolute truth and christianity says it is otherwise which is a bold-faced lie.

If anyone teaches false doctrine and refuses to agree with the healthy words of our Lord Jesus Christ and godly teaching, he is a conceited person and does not understand anything. He has an unhealthy craving for arguments and debates. This produces jealousy, rivalry, slander, evil suspicions, and incessant conflict between people who are depraved in mind and deprived of truth. They think that godliness is a way to make a profit. (1 Timothy 6:3-5 ISV)

Anyone standing outside the christian church, looking in--that is what they see. What I underlined, above. Some can feel it inside, but many don't.

You are fond of the word love and through it around alot. Which is not a bad thing, but what we think is love and the love God wants us to have for others is different.

That's why He doesn't make us guess. When He reveals Himself and makes His love manifested in our heart--then it is plain and obvious just how God's love is.

Totally generous, without reserve, without judgment, without criticism, the most gentle and uplifting feeling a person could ever have. Nothing like that comes from a human, and no human can make themselves feel that in delusion. It is mind-boggling and it requires no analysis.

That's just the way it is, a car at 35 mph hitting a 2 year old body means injury and maybe death.

There is nothing that can change that, someone can ignore that but it won't change the reality of a car hitting a 2 year old.

God has said the same thing to us. You can't just run out into the "street" to get to me, because there is a right way to get to me, others end in death. There is a certain to get to me, that's just the way it is, someone can ignore or refuse to believe it but it doesn't change the fact.

Exactly. But according to you, God gives one warning to a 2 year old who cannot understand it in the first place, then allows them to run out and get hit. The justification? The babe had their opportunity but rejected the instruction.

That's why you just go ahead and pick the kid up and hold them until you're somewhere that they cannot get to the street. Until they are old enough to understand and obey. But we are all about 2 years old as far as spiritually--and that applies only to the most mature spiritual mortal on the earth. I myself am probably 2 months old, if that! I'm glad He carries me~!

You say I am showing no love to people.

You aren't.

Your love says to people, everybody is going to heaven.

My love isn't focused on the ultimate threat of heaven or hell. Because God's isn't.
God said every man shall come to be saved. His will WILL be done. I don't sell Him short by setting limits on something I have no authority over. I also know that there are only two states of being for the mortal soul in the present time. Either living as we are or resting in Him. There is no heaven above you or hell below. Just God who is pure love and light. Or material awareness.

I say to people you can't do it your own way, you have to stop, place your faith in what Jesus has done for you for the forgiveness of sin.

Why should they believe you? You don't seem to think He's done the job. It doesn't require anything on our part--except for realizing that sin is nothing more than selfishness. If we would just obey Him instead of preaching things we cannot demonstrate, more people would take a chance. This is not the time for the gospel of salvation---you are beating a dead horse. Reconciliation is the word!

This irritates some and they don't like that, you know, to be told how to do something.

There is no 'how to' in experiencing the faith of Christ--it is not belief or our power to believe that is required. He loves us and faith is when we feel it. And feeling that is undoubtable and we cannot help but know He is real. But if we don't even count Him as an actuality, how can we be receptive and feel His love and then have faith?
Your instructions are vain and ignored because you don't have any proof that there is a change within that is miraculous. You deliver your routine line about salvation with all the warmth of a tin can. It's just not convincing.

But if you love someone you can't just be quiet when they are blindly running out into the "street" because their way ends in death.

Why take the chance? Carry them if you have to...it won't be for forever and it certainly isn't going to hurt anyone.
Love means jumping out and taking the damage yourself--even if it kills you!

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   

So are you saying his return is not a physical return?

No, it is totally physical. Flesh and blood and all that.

You seem to be saying that no violence occurs at Christ's return.
You realize the Bible says different. He is coming in judgement at that point.

How does judgment = violence?
When you go to court for any reason, and stand before the judge,
does the bailiff automatically pop a round or two into you, since it is judgment?

Is it always going to be either capital punishment or acquital?
No. That's nonsense.

And capital punishment has been lifted because someone else stepped up to the executioner and volunteered. At a time when not a single one of us even were born. God outlawed the death of our soul penalty.

But we are still accountable. For everything we do, good or bad. All of us.

Do you believe this is a future event or do you believe it has already happened?

Look, it's not a matter of me trying to guess where we're at on your idea of revelation says-so, for the purpose of stating beliefs according to what some prophetic timeline might say and discuss it with you--for absolutely no profit for either one of us. I don't dig on debating my private understandings of God for sport, anyway.

I know exactly where the world stands, right here at this moment, and it's not anything you're ready to hear. It's not the time to discuss these things--either they will happen or they won't. And they'll happen however He planned. Why get into a muddle over it?

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
A lot of christians will ignore their crimes simply because they believe they have accept jesus into their life, and so some may even continue to commit crimes and then ask for forgiveness, in sense never learning to behave appropriatley...which is why a lot of criminals become christian in an attempt to appeal for their crimes

I don't buy it, people know what's right from wrong, making stupid excuses isn't going to make them go away. I can't stand people who make these worthless religious excuses, as if their crimes are to be forgotten or that they never happened. These people are nothing but evil and deserve the death penalty!

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The rapture, for the groups that beleive it will occur, is supposed to take up the beleivers in christ. So if it occured, there'd be billions of people missing all at once.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
The rapture, for the groups that beleive it will occur, is supposed to take up the beleivers in christ. So if it occured, there'd be billions of people missing all at once.

Not everyone who says they are a christian really is a christian. Also there are christian denominations that have faulty doctrine and are based on lies. 2 billion people worldwide claim to be christian yet if you listen to surveys done on what they believe is the truth, it's usuall around 33% or less that believe in what the Bible says.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
A lot of christians will ignore their crimes simply because they believe they have accept jesus into their life, and so some may even continue to commit crimes and then ask for forgiveness, in sense never learning to behave appropriatley...which is why a lot of criminals become christian in an attempt to appeal for their crimes

That's exactly what I see, too. It is a damaging and destructive idea, both to them and to the world. It's crazy to think God would just do things that way--a free ride on the back of a scapegoat that just requires that you 'believe' he was a scapegoat.

Thanks Jesus--see ya later, I'm going to go make you the object of ridicule among the people since you died for nothing--the world is still the same if not worse than it was 2000 years ago!

I don't buy it, people know what's right from wrong, making stupid excuses isn't going to make them go away.
Any excuse is not productive, but God is not an excuse or a perk.

I can't stand people who make these worthless religious excuses, as if their crimes are to be forgotten or that they never happened. These people are nothing but evil and deserve the death penalty!
Well, then you've got my vote.

Just kidding! That's awfully harsh. Maybe they should just be stripped of their religion and all it's delusions? Just somehow make it into nothing, somehow.

Then what?

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Hmm.. what if it were true, but it was for the rest of the world's benefit? Just to give us some peace?

But where are they going to be put down at? Mars? The Moon? I can't see a whole bunch of people flying up from the ground, into the sky and stars and beyond....

I think God can do anything He wishes, but that just seems silly to me--supernatural is not believable.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Not everyone who says they are a christian really is a christian.

Accept christ, you're a christian.

Also there are christian denominations that have faulty doctrine and are based on lies.

it's usuall around 33% or less that believe in what the Bible says.

You don't need to be a biblical literalist to be a christian. You don't need to receive communion to be a christian. Hitler was a christian. Joseph Smith was a christian. Pope JPII was a christian. Even, yes, Jerry Fallwell, is a christian. Anyone that beleives in jesus is a christian. "Only through me do you get to the father', as it says. You don't need to eat kosher to be a christian, anymore than you need to wear white on confirmation to be a christian.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Not everyone who says they are a christian really is a christian. Also there are christian denominations that have faulty doctrine and are based on lies.

They are all faulty because none of them can be the exact right one. So the divisions show it's flawed at the core.

2 billion people worldwide claim to be christian yet if you listen to surveys done on what they believe is the truth, it's usuall around 33% or less that believe in what the Bible says.
How would anyone know? Knowing what the standard evangelistic formulas are for salvation and apologetics like the rapture and what not is not reading the bible and it's not any kind of indicator of anything except an propensity to judge each other constantly about who is the christian and who is the not christian.

Who cares what they believe, anyway? I want to see some actions. Some walk instead of talk. The world is way too much in decline for anyone to be saying there are 2 billion 'followers of christ' and not be thinking about the fact that the absence of any kind of impact might mean there are 2 billion followers, but no one out in front. Like Christ.

I think it's the pied piper.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Not everyone who says they are a christian really is a christian.

Also there are christian denominations that have faulty doctrine and are based on lies.

it's usuall around 33% or less that believe in what the Bible says.

See, that's exactly why I am always nipping at your heels like a literal hound from hell, dbrandt! You cause people to mock you because of your accept-christ-receive-salvation litany, but it's not your name that suffers, or your 'salvation,' or anything that is important to you, even your conscience, it would seem. :shk:

What can you say about your part in causing such a reaction to you evangelizing?
Or the assurance you have you'll be snatched from what you think will be really bad times because you are a 'christian?' Maybe you ought to wear a name tag so it's clear who you have 'accepted' in the event that somehow you are the one rapture-rejected. !!

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

That so many people corrupt the teachings of Christ so badly.

It's that whole picking and choosing thing. People pick out the parts of the Bible that they like, that fits their particular agenda or beliefs, and conveniently ignore the rest of it. At this point, who even knows what the real teachings were, and who even taught them? Nearly two centuries of scientific Biblical archeology, and there's no evidence except the old manuscripts that the Jesus portrayed in the Bible even existed.

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join