It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rapture happened last thursday.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Personally I think all religions are out-dated theories, and should be treated as so. BUT here's my question.

The Rapture...in 1 second BOOP all the good little sheep are gone, but in the world today...would you actually notice when and if it happened? I figure, a small, small group of people would disappear, if any at all.

No one is as perfect as they like to think they are.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The word Rapture is not mentioned in the Bible, its an interpertation of
1 Thesselonians 3:11-14. If the ever was a rapture it happened in 70 A.D. with the 144,000 sealed Jews. That was the end of the Jewish age...

BTW: your last statement is one of the most Ignorant quotes ive ever seen on this site. (THERE ARE TONS OF THEM HERE TOO) Christians think the exact opposite, they believe ALL HAVE SINNED. In otherwords NO one is perfect, thus the need for Christ. You need to do more research before you just start blabbling whatever comes off of the top of your head

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Requiem For The Lost
I figure, a small, small group of people would disappear, if any at all.

The rapture isn't going to take perfect people, because there is no such thing. The people taken at the rapture are those who have placed their faith in Jesus Christ alone for their salvation.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Dbrandt....show me scripture to back up your statement, please? NO im not trying to be rude or mean, i just wanna see where you get your doctrine from...

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Personally I think all religions are out-dated theories, and should be treated as so. BUT here's my question.

The Rapture...in 1 second BOOP all the good little sheep are gone, but in the world today...would you actually notice when and if it happened? I figure, a small, small group of people would disappear, if any at all.

Not just that. Very few people who buy into the "Rapture" have actually read the passages in Revelation that sort of refer to it. If they did, they'd find out that only virgin male Jews are eligible. That's all! And only 1,200 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel. So if you're any kind of female, or Christian, or "married," then you can just forget about it, and get ready to tough out Armageddon with the rest of us poor heathens.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
The rapture isn't going to take perfect people, because there is no such thing.

Then it is either going to take everyone or it isn't going to happen at all.

The people taken at the rapture are those who have placed their faith in Jesus Christ alone for their salvation.

But yet they don't trust that He can save someone else? :shk:

That shows that one's trust is not in Christ, and the feeling that replaces it is the idea of doing something to merit salvation, on one's own.

Not at all idiotic--and that judgment, voiced out loud in response, proves it as the truth.

[edit on 6/21/2006 by queenannie38]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scyman
Dbrandt....show me scripture to back up your statement, please?

I have posted these on other rapture threads but I will post some of them again.

Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

escape can mean vanish which is what people will do at the rapture

1 Thessalonians 5:[9] For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ

Acts 15:[13] And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:
[14] Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
[15] And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
[16] After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
[17] That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

a people are "taken out" for Christ name then there is a "residue" left, residue means left down or left behind, and this residue will seek the Lord.

Matthew 16:[18] And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.(this verse is not talking about peter being the first pope and/or the catholic church authority, it's talking about a distinct group of people)

Now these next 2 verses

Revelation 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them

Daniel 7:21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;

Matthew 16:18 says the church will not be prevailed against. Rev. 13:7 and Daniel 7:21 says that they will be prevailed against. So are they overcome or not. Do we have another one of those "contradictions" found in the Bible? No, there is an answer.

I(and not only me alone) say it is because the Church is one group of believers in Christ and there are other groups of believers in Christ.

Go to Revelation 1:[6] And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. This is written to believers.

Now in Revelation Chapters 2&3 he is talking about the church/churches.

Now in Revelation Chapter 4:[1] After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

A door is opened and a trumpet sound says Come up hither(rapture).

Then in the same chapter we are introduced to the 24 elders, Rev 4:[10] The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying...,

In chapter 5 we find out more about the 24 elders, Revlation 5:[8] And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
[9] And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
[10] And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

The 24 elders have been redeemed and been made by God to be priests and kings. Angels aren't redeemed, people are, so the 24 elders are people. 24 is a specific number and represents the 12 tribes of Israel and the 12 apostles. In other words the people of the Old covenant and the New covenant who placed their faith in the Messiah, Jesus. All the people who placed their faith in Christ. 24 elders is symbolic for believers.

Look what else they are made to be, kings and priests. Go back to Revelation 1:6 and the book of Revelation is written to believers who we are told are kings and priests unto God. Now we find the 24 elders who are kings and priests unto God. These same people are now in heaven. They have been raptured, before the tribulation events begin.

Now continue on in Revelation. Revelation 6:[17] For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand? The wrath of God has come, but we already know from 1 Thessalonians 5:9 this(For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ), believers have not been appointed to God's wrath. Another evidence of the rapture.

Now continue on in Revelation. In Rev. ch. 7 we hear about the 144,00, a specific number of people. Then in the same chapter we find out about this,
Revelation 7:[9] After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
[10] And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
[11] And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
[12] Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
[13] And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
[14] And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

We know this 2nd group from Rev. ch. 7 is not the 144,000 because this is a group no man could number. So in Ch. 7 we learn about 2 different groups of people. This 2nd group, that was so large that no one could number them, COME OUT OF GREAT TRIBULATION.

So we have 3 different groups of people so far who are believers in Christ, the 24 elders and the 144,000, and the uncountable number of people.

So now we know how the church(believers) cannot be prevailed against according to Matthew 16:18 but we now also know how believers can be prevailed against according to Rev. 13:7 and Daniel 7:21.

The church is a distinct group of believers taken(raptured) to heaven before the tribulation(wrath of God) takes place. Then there will be another group of people during the tribulation that will turn to Christ for salvation and be saved(the uncountable number from Rev. ch.7).

After ch. 3 of Rev. we no longer here about the churches, but we run into the 24 elders several times and every time they are in heaven.

The 24 elders is the raptured church/churches,

then there is 144,000 , who it appears are raptured to heaven in Rev. ch.14,

then we have the uncountable number who come out of great tribualtion,

then it appers there is another group of believers in Rev.20:[4] And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

There are other verses detailing the rapture, but this should be enough to study on for now.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

The people taken at the rapture are those who have placed their faith in Jesus Christ alone for their salvation.

But yet they don't trust that He can save someone else? :shk:

When did I ever say that no one will be saved after the rapture? I never have.

When did I ever say that those raptured is it, all done, no one else saved? I never have. People are assuming that, because I have never said that. Please quit putting words in my mouth that I never said and quit adding untruth's to what I believe.

There are people saved after the rapture. Read my post before this one.

[edit on 21-6-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

People are assuming that, because I have never said that. Please quit putting words in my mouth that I never said and quit adding untruth's to what I believe.

Now, really, how can I add untruths to your beliefs? Beliefs aren't even something classified as 'factual' in the first place, and to add untruths only applies to your words, which I didn't do. I am not the controller of your mind.

But what I do know is that you feel somehow you are going to escape something awful and others will have to endure the same awful, just because you say you believe in his sacrifice. Just based on what you say, that's what I understand to be your outlook.

But what have you sacrificed for Him? Or anyone else? Not that it is expected, but without the threat of hell hanging over your head, I'd think you'd have some spare time and overflowing love and compassion for every single person you speak to. But I don't see it.

Do you love yourself more than your neighbor?
Do you see yourself as more deserving of mercy than your neighbor?
Or was Jesus a hypocrite?

Why you and not someone else who loves to the point of having nothing for themselves, except what God gives them? No matter what they believe, isn't love the truth of God? And whomever loves others and shows compassion has God in them, as written by John?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   

People are assuming that, because I have never said that. Please quit putting words in my mouth that I never said and quit adding untruth's to what I believe.

Now, really, how can I add untruths to your beliefs?

I seriously want to get this settled. You aren't answering my questions.

When have I ever said that once the rapture has happened thats it, no more salvation for anyone.

You and others insert that into what I write.

Well then let's get this out in the clear.

The doors of heaven are not shut after the rapture.

As a matter of fact I believe there are going to be more people saved after the rapture then people who are taken in the rapture.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

But what have you sacrificed for Him? Or anyone else? Not that it is expected, but without the threat of hell hanging over your head, I'd think you'd have some spare time and overflowing love and compassion for every single person you speak to. But I don't see it.

Do you love yourself more than your neighbor?
Do you see yourself as more deserving of mercy than your neighbor?
Or was Jesus a hypocrite?

Hmmm.... lets see last time I looked you weren't living in my house and following me around day after day for the last 43 years to see what my days consist of.

You are right, you don't see what I do everyday. You don't "see" anything about me. What you do is read what I type on a computer message board. You don't know my mood when I write, you don't know what tone you should be reading what I write in, as you are reading it.

Once again you are assuming.

Do I love myself more than others? NO
Do I see myself as more deserving of God's mercy? NO
Or was Jesus a hypocrite? NO

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   

isn't love the truth of God?

Yes and here is how you describe God's Love.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I seriously want to get this settled. You aren't answering my questions.

Yes I did. Read my post again.

Now, really, how can I add untruths to your beliefs? Beliefs aren't even something classified as 'factual' in the first place, and to add untruths only applies to your words, which I didn't do.

You and others insert that into what I write.

I am me, and not 'others.' And I don't insert words in anyone's posts. All that I do is put your words right back to you, and see if you can really give answer for your claims--according to what the bible says--in the wording that is there.

I don't claim to have any right to tell anyone what to believe--I don't want to know what is private and their own with God--I trust God to do as He said He would because I know He will.

I do know what the bible doesn't say--and when you insert your ideas between the lines, I'm going to call you out on it, every time. And not just you, but anyone. It's not a responsible thing to do, and it isn't something I can overlook. It is way too important.

As a matter of fact I believe there are going to be more people saved after the rapture then people who are taken in the rapture.

I'm not concerned with what you believe about the rapture. What I commented/asked about was God's ability to save.

You didn't answer any of my questions, but I answered yours. Play fair!

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Just my two cents; why do most people think that the rapture is a physical event? Although it had been written that "they will be caught up in the clouds", and "one will be taken", nothing is ever said that this may just be literal and really a rapture of ones spirit while in the body, like John claimed to have had.

QueenAnnie, note: This is rhetorical. LOL

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Hmmm.... lets see last time I looked you weren't living in my house and following me around day after day for the last 43 years to see what my days consist of.

Don't need to. I can tell by the fruit just what kind of tree it is.

You don't "see" anything about me.

I do. I see what is in your heart, by the energy you emit, and I'm sure others can get an idea, too.

You don't know my mood when I write, you don't know what tone you should be reading what I write in, as you are reading it.

When trying to spread the gospel, or whatever you consider what you're doing to be when talking about God, should be one that makes it clear that you are proof of His love, evidenced by your 'mood.' A mood would be something private and unrelated to God unless it is one of joy or even just concern for the one you speak to.

Do I love myself more than others? NO
Do I see myself as more deserving of God's mercy? NO
Or was Jesus a hypocrite? NO

Well, if you are not any more deserving of His mercy, why then do you expect to receive such when you state that others will not?

I will tell you something, which I've refrained from saying over and over again. I'm not saying it for you but for the sake of those who might believe God is going to rapture anyone--because I know that it is untrue. When God puts His love for others into your heart, for real and without reserve (which is the only way He does it) then one of two things will certainly happen:

#1 You will suddenly see that He's far more perfect in His love than any man can comprehend--seeing others through His eyes makes it clear that He loves us all more than can be explained with words. No punishment or conditions. He just loves.

#2 You will feel somehow unwilling to escape some future expectation of suffering if it means leaving behind any 'unbelievers' that you truly and dearly love. This would lead you to either really search the scriptures deep and ask that He make it clear to you why you must suffer such a heartbreak for a few more moments in 'heaven' (and if you do He will show you) or you will decide that if such a thing were to happen, you'd decline your chance and stay with those you love until He returned.

Would you give up yourself for the sake of those you love--the ones He has given you to love and to grow close to?

Sacrifices don't come lightly--even when undeserved and free they are never given for those who would not do the same--that is the only time it is not deserved--when it is totally the desire of a selfish heart instead of the heart of God.

God doesn't give His spirit for our sole benefit--He gives it so that others might know there is a comfort to be had. It's all about others and never about self. And so the rapture isn't true because it is selfish and it is only all about 'you'. God isn't about 'you' or any other one certain one. He is about all of us--all the people are the world. He saved the world from destruction already, but not everyone is just given the Spirit by default--that's justification and it is something different than salvation.

No one is getting out of here without dying--unless He has put Himself into our hearts.
And even at that, there is no where to go but to the next age. Heaven is not a place but is repose and rest in Him and the only way there is to die.

We either live here or die and return to Him. This is the truth and I testify to it as such. The grave (hell) was not made for humans to suffer, in this present age. It was for those ancient ones who rebelled. The apostles wrote this, as well. It is the truth. To return to God is know His love, but the grave is silent and dark and there is no knowledge of anything at all in there.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Just my two cents; why do most people think that the rapture is a physical event? Although it had been written that "they will be caught up in the clouds", and "one will be taken", nothing is ever said that this may just be literal and really a rapture of ones spirit while in the body, like John claimed to have had.

QueenAnnie, note: This is rhetorical. LOL

Ah, but rhetorical is far more accurate than literal, in this case!
Good point, Ben.

The clouds are actually representative of 'obscurity' in that it is something hidden to the world--like Jesus said to Nicodemus, the spirit goes where it wants to and no man can tell where it goes. To be seized up (in the OT its often called 'plucked up') is to be claimed as God's--what He holds no one can take from His grasp.

Unless one wishes to be suspended for centuries, above, like Orion (Nimrod) or the 7 Sisters, then the idea of rapture is something better left alone in the sense that most promote it as something to be sought after. We must be careful what we imagine and what we wish for because thoughts are things.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Put Down your mice and step away from your computer.

All right now turn back to back, take ten paces . turn and type.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Well, if you are not any more deserving of His mercy, why then do you expect to receive such when you state that others will not?

And I stated this where?

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The rapture is a creation of late 19th century religious hucksters.

There is no teaching of a rapture before them, and the hysteria surrounding this supposed event is amusing at best, frightening at worst.

that so many people corrupt the teachings of Christ so badly.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

And I stated this where?

You just don't get it. Forget it. I wash my hands of it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join