It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three R's: Reading, Writing, RFID

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I know we've gone of the RFID before in the past, but this is serious, they're actually implementing it on the children of this school...about 422 of them to be precise.

www.wired.com...

"Gary Stillman, the director of a small K-8 charter school in Buffalo, New York, is an RFID believer.

While privacy advocates fret that the embedded microchips will be used to track people surreptitiously, Stillman said he believes that RFID tags will make his inner city school safer and more efficient."

It looks like people are really pushing this future mark of the beast on these kids.

"The charter school's 422 students wear small plastic cards around their necks that have their photograph, name and grade printed on them, and include an embedded RFID chip. As the children enter the school, they approach a kiosk where a reader activates the chip's signal and displays their photograph. The students touch their picture, and the time of their entry into the building is recorded in a database. A school staffer oversees the check-in process."

This is just sickening. This is totally conditioning the next generation. How can this not make parents angry....arghh..

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Doesnt make me angry - its good to see a school take its responsibilities seriously.

The kids can take the tags of after school - so its not really tracking anything.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I can see your point Silk. But I just cant help but thinking it's only for conditioning these kids. Getting them trained to always have some kinda marking with them. Climatize them to be a good little global citizen...those dirty scumbag globalists.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Gromer - ever buy a gilette razor or own a Nokia mobile phone - those chips are already there. Im a parent of a 5 year old and Im sorry but anything that helps keep my baby safe is fine by me.

Just a by the by here but Im a brit and the whole NWO we will track you thing doesnt really bother me. I spent many years in a hostile country and the idea of knowing who the players are and being able to take them out is a much hapier feeling.

If you have nothing to hide then why be scared ?. For one the players tried to take me out once - and when they eventually got them they got the equivalent of a slapped wrist and a 12 year jail sentence. Didnt bring back my friends - so again im all for RFID - if its used right.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
my goodness....that's my point...I dont have anything to hide...but why the hell should I be tracked, traced, and monitored for no aparant reason? outside of 'marketing purposes' that's a load of malarky.

Let's say for arguments sake that these RFID's were implemented on a regular basis for your child. And the guy that was in charge of monitoring your child/children was some kind of sicko. Dont you think he would know the best time's he could take your child away? It's almost like electronic stalking. Similar to those sicko pedophiles that go into the childrens chatrooms.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   

If you have nothing to hide then why be scared ?.

Lame arguement. We call it "due process", and innocent until proven guilty. I dont have to prove I have nothing to hide, they have to prove I have something to hide.

"Any man who will sacrafice liberty for security deserves neither".

Thomas Jefferson

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Wait, relate this to the NWO.

Also, to mods: Delete my thread (or this) one, we're talking about the same article
www.abovetopsecret.com...

cheers
ktpr

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
if we vest in the state our trust - as we do when we vote - then we should trust the state to act in our interests.

If you follow through the theory of a sikko using an RFID chip to follow your kids movement then consider Soham in the UK last year - the caretaker (allegedly - im carefull of being misrepresentd) abducted two children and murdered them - no technology involved. Yet is RFID was employed at that school it wouldnt have taken 3 weeks to find the evidence. And perhaps knowing RFID was in place this sikko migkt have refrained from doing what he did.

Its not big brother in these cases its us careing about our kids.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I personally can not vest my trust into the state, the state has never proven to me that they are trustworthy. Corruption runs rampant throughout the entire system, no matter where a person resides. I fell that RFID tags are a very bad idea, even if the kids can take them off when they're not at school. What the hell ever happened to carrying a student ID card that was just a little piece of plastic with your photo and name on it?

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I think it's just too expensive for schools to implement these features. Besides, the cards can be stolen and it can literally be identity theft. Since it's a k-8 school the 8th graders can easily bully the cards away from the smaller kids. I agree with kaoszero, little plastic ID cards are much for cheaper and

If it's the issue of your child's safety, it's just a 5th wheel. Most campuses are "closed campus", meaning that if anyone that's not a student or staff of the school, comes walking onto the campus without the approval of the administration, they can be arrested. Staff have to undergo very extensive background checks before they can be a part of the team.

Alot of schools use computers to take attendence, so there's really no need for a card.

Also, if the system gets implemented in a school, then alot of other schools will follow suit. Many schools are tight on budget and lacking in materials, so they have better things to spend on. The number of students can be a problem too. My school has 3500+ students, larger than the population of alot of cities nearby.

new topics

top topics

join