It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red army to receive 250 new types of weaponry in 2006

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Places in OZ or Europe may look like they're from 60's, but people are living in the 21st century, on the other hand many places in both China and Russia are unelectrified, lack proper roads no sanitation, no cars...

But You'll have to admit Russia is Rich, with those natural resources a country can't be poor... Russia may lack currency, but it ain't poor... It will become a much greater power in the near future... when commodity prices go up...

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Could someone post some of the new weapones. I love 2 see the design of them.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by northwolfBut You'll have to admit Russia is Rich, with those natural resources a country can't be poor

Yes it might be termed as rich but the wealth is only with the wealthy while the majority have nothing. The information below illustrates it best. What russia needs is foriegn capital and governemtn investment to re-build a country with shabby infastructure, what china is doing is going into the right direction which is why i am highlighting the big difference

Household income or consumption by percentage share:
lowest 10%: 1.7%
highest 10%: 38.7%

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   

posted by chinawhite

posted by northwolf

But You'll have to admit Russia is Rich, with all those natural resources a country can't be poor . .

Yes the RF can be termed as rich but the wealth is with the few while the majority have nothing. The information (1) below illustrates it best. What Russia needs is (2) foreign capital and government investment to re-build a country with shabby infrastructure. What China is doing is going into the (3) right direction which is why I am highlighting the big difference. Household income or consumption by percentage share:
Lowest 10%: 1.7%
Highest 10%: 38.7%

[Edited by Don W]

May I take issue with you, C/W? (1) America achieved its best /?/ distribution of wealth in the period 1945-1980. Those halcyon years of the blue collar middle class. In the quarter century following 1975, 30 million good paying, blue collar union jobs disappeared. But that’s old style. History. We are now reforming our country and its economic distribution. What will finally settle out is still open, still a work in progress. Whether it will be the equal of the first round or inferior or superior remains to be seen. (“Best” is my subjective judgment. You may substitute “fairest.”)

Aside: in 1991, in letters to my Members of Congress and to the local papers, I proposed that the West establish a fund of say, a half trillion dollars, to help the USSR transform from a command economy into a consumer oriented open market - I hate the popular misnomer ‘free’ market - with the US contributing 20% over 10 years, and others contributing in lesser amounts based on GDP.

I regret to report that to my half dozen letters, I received NO replies. Not even an acknowledgment that my letter had been received. So much for charity. Did not Jesus reply, “There are two commands, 1, that you love God, and 2, that you love your fellow man as yourself.” Where are the followers of Christ when you need them?

(2) Foreign investment is an euphemism for control by the rich. The poor have no money to “invest.” The World Bank is “owned” by the United States which in turn is owned by the rich, and has the approval of the United Nations. The IMF - the International Monetary Fund - is the other half of the economic control mechanism. It’s a wise country that avoids both. It is the very few indigenous rich in each country that collaborate with the WB and IMF which allows the rich nations of the world to control and exploit the people and resources of the world. And therein lies the attraction and motivation for the Osama bin Ladens. And other rebels like Fidel Castro.

(3) China is on the verge of internal turmoil that may equal the 8th Route Army’s Long March of the 1930s. China has divided itself - not intentionally - into two parts. The Coastal part where all the new economics is happening. Numbering about 300 million people.

And the Interior of China where funding from Beijing has been neglected since the great decision to industrialize in full partnership with the West, primarily the United States, was taken in 1977. About 1 billion people. China has admitted to 45,000 “civil incidents” in the recent past, and 2 of which ended with shots fired.

The great dilemma facing Beijing is how to spend more on the interior whilst the governing party members have been lured away from the old revolutionary zeal by the smell of US greenbacks! Apartments in Shanghai sell for as much as US$7 million. There are more construction cranes in Shanghai than in any other city on the planet. Yet China’s interior continues to see annual flooding, food shortages due to poor roads and rails. Backward schools, understaffed hospitals and so on.

China in 2006 is facing a new reality. What the outcome will be is as much a mystery as is the United States’ short term future. Right now, the betting is on the top 5% of the Earth’s population to stay on top. That leaves about 6.125 billion plebeians to do the bidding of the earth’s 325 million patricians. Hmm?

[edit on 7/12/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Dont even compare china and russia. On paper russia seems to be a urbanized country but most of the buildings are either run down or sub-standard. The only thing russia has is her hundreds of rotting missiles. All just a fascade nothing to show for anything the soviets done

Chinese GDP in 2005 is $ 8,859,000,000,000

Russian GDP in 2005 is $ 1,589,000,000,000

So total chinese GDP is 5.6 higher than russian.

But China has much more people 1,313 mln compare to Russian 143 mln.

So chinese GDP per capita is $ 6,800 when russian is $ 11,100.

So roughly russian econmy is 1.6 times more "effective" than chinese.

On technologies level, China is still behind Russia.

By the way they are going to build world highest skyscraper in Moscow soon.

But ofcourse they both far behind USA with GDP per capita of $ 41,800 though USA have $ 8,837,000,000,000 public debt which is 64.70% of it's GDP.

Stats from www.cia.gov...

About povetry levels, they are based on official poverty line standards.
I don't now what is chinese or russian povetry line right now but i suspect they are different a bit. I thin USA official povetry line is about $1000 per month.

[edit on 12-7-2006 by ArcPeter]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
donwhite,

I'll reply tommorrow but may i suggest you look into chinas "go west" policy lanuched in 2000 under the 10th five year program. This has been a priority since the 1990s. China had only begun its real growth in the 90s when Deng Xiaoping made his famous trip down south and thoughout china. Anyway, the workers in the do come from the mainland and send capital and money back home.

Still early times for china. No where in the whole has sen this type of growth

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   

posted by chinawhite

I'll reply tomorrow but I suggest you look into China’s "go west" policy launched in 2000 under the 10th five year program. This has been a priority since the 1990s. China had only begun its real growth in the 90s when Deng Xiaoping made his famous trip down south and throughout China. Anyway, the workers in do come from the interior and send money back home. Still early times for China. No where in the world has seen this type of growth [Edited by Don W]

I must defer to your more through knowledge of China. I’m basing my posting on 2nd or 3rd hand information. And, on my own personal observations. I ordered a Dell computer and I always look for the country of origin on anything I buy. Everything in the new computer was made in China (a very few parts were made in Malaysia) except 1 part! That part was made in the USA. It was the mouse pad!

Q. How many mouse pads do you have to sell to pay an $8 T. debt?

[edit on 7/12/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

Seems like you come from a country which also does the same thing as china

The exchange illustrated more about the state of freedom in Russia than met the eye. While Putin travels around with a contingent of reporters just as Bush does, the Kremlin press pool is a handpicked group of reporters, most of whom work for the state and the rest selected for their fidelity to the Kremlin's rules of the game. Helpful questions are often planted. Unwelcome questions are not allowed. Ananyone who gets out of line can get out of the pool.

The Kremlin press pool is like so many institutions in Russia that have the trappings of a Western-style pluralistic society but operate under a different set of understandings, part of what analyst Lilia Shevtsova of the Carnegie Moscow Center calls "the illusion of democracy." Television channels air newscasts with fancy graphics but follow scripts approved by the Kremlin. Elections are held, but candidates out of favor with the Kremlin are often knocked off the ballot. Courts conduct trials, but the state almost never loses. Parliament meets but only to rubber-stamp Kremlin legislation.

WashingtonPost

a typical western propaganda...it has nothing to do with reality ...Russia has more than 35000 private media sources its impossible for any Govt from any country to control them all
more over my comment was about internet freedom...where you dont have anything to say against Russia

[Quote]No,

I have experience in a REAL DEMOCRACY. What experience do you have?.

I have been to USA ,all major parts of Europe , India , Bangladesh ,Nepal and i am presently typing from berlin as an exchange student

The chinese that go to russia work for chinese compaines and are normally there on contracts. The other large group are merchants which move from border to border

You know well well the truth still you pretend to be ignorant most Chinese MIGRATE to Russia ILLEGALLY ...while Russians go to China under VISA as Tourists professionals Businessmen hence their numbers are highre...there is no point in migrating to a poorer country

en.rian.ru...

www.gateway2russia.com...

www.gnxp.com...

www.froginawell.net...

Let me quote some more figures

China -
population below poverty line - 10%
Russia -
population below poverty line - 17.8%

This proves the level of your education ....poverty line in a country is determined by Govts of a praticular country who have their own defns of poverty.....there cant be a universal comparison basesd on this percentage...if u do such a comparison then you will see that a Third world country like China has less poverty than USA and most countries in Western Europe

which means a lot of people in russia cannot afford electricity. Let your own people experiment with it first

Electricity is FREE in Russia(along with Education ,Health care and gas )...you can only dream of that in China

4 People's Republic of China 1 2,224,811
5 United Kingdom 2,201,473
6 France 2,105,864
7 Italy 1,766,160
8 Canada 1,130,208
9 Spain 1,126,565
10 South Korea 793,070
11 Brazil 792,683
12 India 775,410
13 Mexico 768,437
14 Russia 766,180
Look which countries out perform russia in economic performace. No brainer there is no comparison between china and russia

here is another list
Rank Country GDP
per capita
60 Botswana 5,829

61 Russia 5,369

62 South Africa 5,100

63 Turkey 5,062

64 Mauritius 5,058

65 Malaysia 5,040

66 Venezuela 5,026

67 Argentina 4,802

68 Panama 4,722

69 Uruguay 4,656

70 Saint Lucia 4,624

71 Costa Rica 4,573

72 Romania 4,539

73 Grenada 4,512

74 Brazil 4,316

75 Belize 3,986

76 Saint Vincent and the Grenadines 3,955

77 Dominica 3,944

78 Kazakhstan 3,717

79 Jamaica 3,583

80 Turkmenistan 3,516

81 Bulgaria 3,459

82 Fiji 3,349

83 Dominican Republic 3,235

84 Serbia and Montenegro 3,139

85 Algeria 3,086

86 Belarus 3,031

87 Tunisia 2,978

88 Namibia 2,870

89 Iran 2,825

90 Peru 2,812

91 Colombia 2,742

92 Suriname 2,637

93 Thailand 2,577

94 Ecuador 2,502

95 El Salvador 2,453

96 Maldives 2,441

97 Republic of Macedonia 2,431

98 Bosnia and Herzegovina 2,405

99 Albania 2,348

100 Swaziland 2,323

oh I sorry I will reach my letter limit before I reach MainLand China...here china is too far from Russia at 110th position

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite
The great dilemma facing Beijing is how to spend more on the interior whilst the governing party members have been lured away from the old revolutionary zeal by the smell of US greenbacks! Apartments in Shanghai sell for as much as US$7 million. There are more construction cranes in Shanghai than in any other city on the planet. Yet China’s interior continues to see annual flooding, food shortages due to poor roads and rails. Backward schools, understaffed hospitals and so on.

LOL, and thi is different from what country ? Come on, you should apply the smae ruler to the rest of the world and you'll find no difference.
The Chinese government has actually sought ot increase investment in its central areas such as the West Hight Tech Zone in Schuan Province, where MOtorola has just establisjhed a world class research center - the first of man companies.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

posted by rogue1

posted by donwhite

The dilemma facing Beijing is how to spend more on the interior whilst the party members have been lured away from revolutionary zeal by the smell of US greenbacks! Apartments in Shanghai sell for up to US$7 million. Yet China’s interior continues to suffer . . [Edited by Don W]

This is different from what country ? Come on, you should apply the same rule to the rest of the world and you'll find no difference. The Chinese government has actually sought to increase investment in its central areas such as the West High Tech Zone in Schuan Province, where Motorola has just established a world class research center - the first of many companies. [Edited by Don W]

Hey, R1, I’m not “knocking” China. Nor am I looking through rose colored glasses. The belated moving of new industry to the interior is a good sign.

Be honest with me. How many local people will the new research center employ? “Research” implies high education levels of staff. It needs to be located in an attractive geographical area to attract outsiders. I agree, you have to start somewhere. But a few hundred jobs do not a revolution make. The interior needs levees, paved roads, rail lines, electricity generating plants, a power grid to distribute the electricity. Clean water to drink. Sewage treatment plants.

Sending in a Motorola plant is not the answer. That’s a ten cent solution to a twenty dollar problem. As I have pointed out, the issue is time. Is there enough time for Beijing to catch up? I hope so, but there is no law of nature that says China is one country. It could devolve into a half dozen “countries.”
It remains to be seen how Beijing deals with this boiling pot.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
*mass quoting removed*

On a different note those who are looking for their loved ones in the Mumbai blasts please try this link. It has a list of all deceased and injured that have been identified so far.

At frist i ll like to share my condolenses with people of India
I came to know that the pak terrorist group Lashkar e Toiba was behind this attack along with Islamic Youth Student's Association SIMI

I support your plan of holding regular attacks against a terrorist nation like Pakistan but I think due to the following reasons Indian Intellectuals are not attacking Pak occupied Kashmir

1 India is Much Much stronger than Pakistan no doubts ...but Pakistan is not as weak as Palestine....pak has a regular navy airforce and army...May win but casualties will be very high

2 As soon as India will attack Pak US and the West will start exposing their Double standards...considering the fact that PAKISTAN IS THEIR MAJOR ALLY IN THE WAR AGAINST TERRORISM ....China as usual will support Pak...the orthodox Muslim world will go against India...India will have no friend except her old friend Russia (I think India has no other true friend/ally except Russia...all other new formed friendship as based on selfish interests ..same applies for Russia)

3 Unfortunately unlike Israiel India has a major problem within herself...many(not all) mother #er Muslims in India support Pakistan inspite of being Indian ...some political parties may take advantage of this go fetch their vote bank

4 Such an attack will only have a negative effect on India's booming economy...and the only people benefited will be the US West and China

I think the best policy for India is what she is doing...continue the economic development inspite all these threats ...the best answer to these "katua" bastards is to say "Hug me- we dont care "

mod edit: removed mass quote, removed rudeness

Terms And Conditions Of Use
1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

[edit on 13-7-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
"India is the Epitome of this world " - Rabindranath Tagore -The First Asian Noble prize winner

[edit on 12-7-2006 by prelude]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Let's try all that again, shall we Prelude.

Originally posted by prelude

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

Now that's what I call ignorance.

Aslan Maskhadov wanted a zone of Muslim Radicals? Get a grip and start reading.

This is the guy who was an artillery officer in the Red Army. Who served in the Lithuanian "campaign" in '91.

This is the guy who personally condemned the attack on Beslan and publicly called for Basayev to be tried for it.

He was also the guy who was elected President of Chechnya in the last election universally regarded as free and fair.

Do you know the person for whom your are campaining for right now Mr Basayev used to sell Chechens as slaves to the foreingn community ....at the time when Chechnia won independance(apprtox 1992 ) Chechens started selling the poor as "slaves " in the markets of Grozny.....those scenes were shown in your most favourite BBC ...So this was a president who was "Universally" free and fair?

Where do I mention Shamil Basayev as ever being elected president?
Where do I show my support for Shamil Basayev?

And the election was regarded by foriegn monitors as being "free and fair". Prelude, when you quote me, use my words in the context I use them. Otherwise, use them, but don't quote them.

I said the election was "universally regarded as free and fair." The election.

You asked the question "So this was a president who was "Universally" free and fair?"

I said nothing about his presidency and I was talking about Maskhadov, who were you talking about?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Be honest with me. How many local people will the new research center employ? “Research” implies high education levels of staff. It needs to be located in an attractive geographical area to attract outsiders. I agree, you have to start somewhere. But a few hundred jobs do not a revolution make. The interior needs levees, paved roads, rail lines, electricity generating plants, a power grid to distribute the electricity. Clean water to drink. Sewage treatment plants.

Well Sichuam has about 1.2 million scientists, there is a massive talent pool and the MOtorola Office is only one of many. I'm not Chinese either.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Electrisity in Russia is not free, it has a price, just that it's currently paid along with the rent just a heating is. Russian Government is paying 90% of the energy costs of homes. This situation cannot continue like this for very long, since it supports wasting of energy and it doesn't allow free competition in electrical or heating sectors. Lack of free competition then leads to deteriorating tranfer networks and powerplants.

Russian energy sector will need 40–70 Billion dollars in investments before 2020... This cannot be accieved unless domestic energy prices rise to international levels.

I spent 3 months last summer studying Russian Energy sector as a part of EU-Funded research project.

As for China many of the same issues apply, but the domestic consumption is more moderate and cotrollable

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by preludea typical western propaganda...it has nothing to do with reality ...Russia has more than 35000 private media sources its impossible for any Govt from any country to control them all

That does not make anything more free because their is a wider choice. By your logic, china seems to be a demoractic country with masses of media, I take it your figures includes internet websites because if i include internet based media it would include most of the chinese internet hosting. Also, people are not ignorant of their surroundings

The number of newspapers in China has increased from 42--virtually all Communist Party papers--in 1968 to 382 in 1980 and more than 2,200 today. By one official estimate, there are now more than 7,000 magazines and journals in the country

Similarly, in 1965 there were 12 television and 93 radio stations in China; today there are approximately 700 conventional television stations--plus about 3,000 cable channels--and 1,000 radio stations

The Chinese Media: More Autonomous and Diverse--Within Limits

my comment was about internet freedom.......where you dont have anything to say against Russia

I didn't say anything about russian internet use because i was making a different point about media censorship in russia and internet is a small point about it.

Here is your censorship

Last month, the management of a poetry website based in Russia (www.stihi.ru...) instructed authors to observe certain political censorship requirements, REN-TV reported on 26 January. Authors were forbidden to write about the war in Chechnya or the ongoing protests over the reform of social benefits. They were admonished not to criticize President Vladimir Putin, the government, members of the pro-Kremlin Unified Russia party, or the pro-Putin youth movement Moving Together. Poet Vladislav Sergeev predicted that no one would publish on the site anymore because of the restrictions.

Analysis: From Censorship To Content Filtering In Russia

I have been to USA ,all major parts of Europe , India , Bangladesh ,Nepal and i am presently typing from berlin as an exchange student

So after claiming to have been to all those places you still sticking to your line that russia has free press or US like media?. Please, your not in autherioty to judge what is free and what is not. It was a independent journalise which judged the situation based on his own knowledge of how questions should be asked.

I take it that your someone around your early 20s?. Been to university having done an economic course in some russian university. Have claimed to experience free media and having claimed to know otherwise.

Free media is the ability to ask questions that the people want to know and to joke or mock your elected leaders. Their questions had been already reviewed by the russian secret service and then had the go ahead from them to ask the questions. The Washington post is one of the most expressive media outlets out there. Its not CNN or pravada or any other "peoples" media.

In Russia, on the other hand, Putin's Kremlin used a state-controlled company to take over the only independent television network, NTV. When the ousted NTV journalists took over a different channel, TV-6, the state shut it down. When they tried again with a network called TVS, Putin's press minister yanked it off the air and replaced it with a sports channel.

The general manager installed at NTV after the Kremlin takeover was later fired when his coverage of the Moscow theater siege in 2002 angered Putin. Then NTV's most independent remaining hosts, Leonid Parfyonov and Savik Shuster, were taken off the air after the government bristled at their talk shows. Shuster's show was called "Freedom of Speech."

Original article

Now are you going to deny these FACTS being presented by the article of incidents or are you going to keep on saying that you are fit to judge?

You know well well the truth still you pretend to be ignorant most Chinese MIGRATE to Russia ILLEGALLY

Maybe some proof is in order that is not from the offical russian propaganda machine?. You say most chinese migrate illegally but nothing apart from some vague russian sources which are alarmist. The same could be said about the russians going to the other side since they have no money to be actual tourist. 5 thousand a year does not buy much time in chinese cities unless you came across the border looking for work

Most articles i find clearly state the the chinese are there as merchants selling things to the russians, what business does any russian business men ahve to do in china since the chinese are the ones doing business

BLAGOVESHCHENSK, KHABAROVSK and VLADIVOSTOK - The Chinese are coming! They are invading the Far East! If headlines in the new and free - but often sensational and irresponsible - Russian press are to be believed, a massive influx of Chinese into Siberia and the Russian Far East is turning the area "yellow" and Russia is about to lose its easternmost provinces.

But in cities such as Vladivostok, Khabarovsk and Blagoveshchensk the Chinese are not very much in evidence. They are there, but seldom seen outside their hotels and restaurants - and the region's ubiquitous casinos and Chinese markets. It is true, however, that Chinese merchants now dominate the region's trade and commerce.

There may not be more than 40,000, or perhaps 50,000, Chinese living in the Russian Far East. But that is 40,000 or 50,000 more than in 1991. And as the Russian exodus continues, the Chinese may, as one researcher put it, "move into an empty Siberia resulting in its detachment and reorientation towards Beijing".

Atimes.com

while Russians go to China under VISA as Tourists professionals Businessmen hence their numbers are highre

I suggest you read you own sources

It would be the other way around. The russians are migrating to a richer country. And i bet there are more illegal russians in china than there are chinese in russia. There are probaly lots of russian scientist or military men washing our clothes across the border while the chinese in siberia control the siberian economy

There goes your claim that the chinese go there to be cheap labour, your own article highlights the fact the the once powerful figures are now driving the chinese around in cabs

Outside the market's entrance sits a different group of men who are playing cards and grousing. They are Russians working as gypsy cab drivers -- men who once had it better. There is a former engineer, a former teacher and several former military men.

Look at that Chinese with the fancy foreign car, grumbles one, who gives his name only as Sergei. "They'll take over and invade our country without weapons. Eventually, they will kill us."

Note those all important bolded passages! A left-winger blindly extrapolating the US-Mexico situation would predict that the Chinese, coming from a poorer country and streaming across the border, would be exploited by the Russians and condemned to poverty. But that's not what happened.

It doesn't matter that these Chinese were illegals, that they didn't speak the language (at first), or that they were initially exploited. Within one generation they rose to the top of the economic ladder

Your own article

poverty line in a country is determined by Govts of a praticular country who have their own defns of poverty.

Note the CIA figures. its done though different figures from the offical chinese one which is 42million in '98. And

90 million Chinese under poverty line: minister

Despite the country's booming economic development in the past two decades, 90 million Chinese residents still live under the internationally recognized poverty line, Minister of Commerce Bo Xilai said Friday.

Linl

there cant be a universal comparison basesd on this percentage...if u do such a comparison then you will see that a Third world country like China has less poverty than USA and most countries in Western Europe

Yes their can be, Its called PPP, It cant be done to everyone in every country but is done to accurate approimate levels which is measurable

A person making 20,000 in america would be living the same life as someone making 365 dollars in china. They take into account the prices each person pays in their country to live above the poverty line and then compares it to another country

Electricity is FREE in Russia

sources first then you can start laughing

here is another list
Rank Country GDP
per capita

That does not measure anything except the spread of the economy per person

Nominal values only measure the money which can be used and traded which makes it inaccurate when measuring country to country standard of living. PPP measures the standard of living between the two countries

chinese GDP per capita is $ 6,800 while russia is at $ 11,100. Not much difference considering that most of the wealth in russia is concentrated in the wealthiest 10% of the people while the lowest 10% have 1.7% of the wealth.

If we compare the economic power of each country (which is how we see the power) russia lags behind Mexico, India, Brazil, South Korea which are mostly third world countries, it shows that russian economic influence is lower than all those countries which can be deemed as third world with the exception of south korea. Maybe when russia grows at a faster rate than it can compare to china.

[edit on 13-7-2006 by chinawhite]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   

(2) Foreign investment is an euphemism for control by the rich.

Foreign investment is good for both parties. Both of the sides offer services the others needs. The company brings investment and capital while the workers provide them with labour. Because the company needs these workers they will have to create places where they work. For example, in china the companies come here and make their factories and create the surrounding areas and play the governemnt taxes and other money which the government needs. The government then improves the infrastucture to attract more factories and capital.

People will then want houses and a building industry will be create to supply the workers with houses and other people. Once house prices increase, there will be more incentives for people to create better housing and infrastructure

It does not really matter who makes the bigger profit because the profit will most likey be re-invested in the country, all the matters is people are being employed and their standard of living is increasing. After the intial development, people will want something better than than factory jobs and the need for services so there will be people needing higher education etc and the cycle keeps on going until the economy reaches a point where the americans are now where there are more people employed in the service sector than the manufracturing sector, eg consumer society

But the bottom line is, the FDI gives money for excellerated growth and provides money which the governmetn does not have

The Coastal part where all the new economics is happening. Numbering about 300 million people.

It is true that the coastal areas are seeing the fastest growth but what is often forgotten is the interior also has been growing.

The people who have gone to the coastal areas are mainly from the interor and have gone there to find work and to imporve their lives. Like most people know, they spend a good deal of their money back for family or their children they left behind for school or funding. This money being spent back is also helping to improve the interior of the country. Once the coast has been fully developed people will look inland for investment where land will be cheaper and manufracturing will then be cheaper there.

Like i mentioned before this has already started and the chinese government has poured 1 trillion RMB into the countryside and is going to invest 10billion over 20 years or 20billion or 10 years into the interior mega city called Chongqing which is being called the shanghai of the west or like how i like to call it "the interior hope".

But this is just early days for china

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Some people seem to have forgotton about how to post in this thread.

Please read and review...

Quote Reference (review link)
Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ** (review link)

ABOUT ATS: General ATS discussion etiquette3) Try and spell-check and get your gramma/syntax correct. Very often, your credibility will be judged by how well you present your thoughts as a well-written post.

Terms And Conditions Of Use
1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

[edit on 13-7-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   

posted by chinawhite

posted by donwhite

(2) Foreign investment is an euphemism for control by the rich.

Foreign investment is good for both parties. Both of the sides offer services the others needs. The company brings investment and capital while the workers provide them with labor . . The government then improves the infrastucture to attract more factories and capital . . It does not really matter who makes the bigger profit because the profit will most likey be re-invested in the country, all the matters is people are being employed and their standard of living is increasing . . “
[Edited by Don W]

C/W, I am glad for China. And for India. And for Malaysia, and for etc. As I see the world in 2006, the issue is competition or cooperation. I live in a society where competition is placed above cooperation. Highly materialistic. Pomp is everything. Substance is nearly nothing. I am dissatisfied with what passes for culture in today’s America.

China, OTOH, is one of the oldest and perhaps “best” of the large societies in history. This was accomplished under rules inspired by Confucius. Respect for elders, courtesy towards others, integrity in government, honesty in business and conformity with the norms of your society and family. Have I overlooked any rule?

You have explained well how China intends to benefit from the outside investment. I looked up Sichuan Province - I had called it Szechwan - and learned it was a bit smaller than Texas and has 87 million people, 3X of Texas. It is one of the leading provinces of China in all measurements. It does indeed have 1.2 million scientists. Motorola will find no shortage of help there. One curiosity - the province is 9th in total GDP of China, but its pe0ple are 26th. This sounds as if there are a lot of rural folk in Sichuan. All data is from Wikipedia.

America had a rough time with labor and unions until War 2. Necessity drove the rich employers into a different mode and mind-set. Rich property owners had seen 100s of American workers killed by police, private security forces and US Army types over the 80 years from 1865 to 1941. People will kill others for money or power. I frequently use the term “rich” because the poor do not do those things. Poor people do not own factories of coal mines. I’m in the same frame of thinking where Dick Gregory said that black people cannot be racists.

The bottom line is the FDI gives money for accelerated growth and provides money which the government does not have . .

C/W, what is “F D I?”

I mentioned this has started and the Chinese government has poured 1 trillion RMB into the countryside and is going to invest 10 billion over 20 years or 20 billion or 10 years into the interior mega city called Chongqing which is being called the Shanghai of the west or like how I like to call it "the interior hope." But this is just early days for China

You are so correct, C/W. But already there are moral issues. China recently sought and obtained the termination of a quota “set aside” for Bangladesh. Before that intrusion by China, 10% of finished goods imports into America were set aside for Bangladesh. Now, Bangladesh has to compete with China and other cotton goods producers. Our leaders call that a “Free Market” but is it not a Fair Market nor a Moral Market. Free Market in America means only a method or means to maximize profits. That same mind set is what produces wars and preemptive wars. That is why I advocate for a fair market.

[edit on 7/13/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
oil, health care and education (post highschool) are not free at all in russia. do you ever live there?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join