It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ok everyone see if you can tell me what this is

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 12:50 AM
link   
you need real video I think but tell me what you think it is?
www.fox23news.com...
look at the top headline's and look at video over albany.

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Very intruiging indeed, it looks much to be a misile with deployed guidance fins. It also seems partially transparent at first like a reflection, so it's surely got a nice chrome finish =D.
I must say, I was expecting more of a hub cap or at the most a garbage can lid!

After replaying the video a bit, I can't find any evidence of this "device" in the "original footage" which at least in my down load is of poor enough quality as it is. It is quite possible this device is a pencil or something and just moved linearly across the screen =D and they seemingly forgot to add it in their "orginal shot" that they then slow down to get a better look at it.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 06:32 AM
link   
How'd they know to get that UFO thingie exactly centered in the frame? Gee... these guys are the best UFO videographers I've seen... they completely missed the plane they were taping, and centered right in on the UFO.

huh... how'd they do that?

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 04:25 PM
link   
William, don't forget, you can pan and zoom =D

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Pan and zoom within the video frame?

Then how did the resolution of the "thing" hold up so well?

(Your skeptic overlord knows a thing or two about video and digital imaging)

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Resolutions can be digitally inhanced, but look I agree with you it's a hoax, just I don't think your reason actually proves it is =D

I believe it is a hoax for the fact it seems to "not" exist in certain frames where it "should" exist.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Resolution can't be created from nothing. Contrast, hue, and saturation can be enhanced to help bring out details within the resolution, but no, resolution (the number of pixels in an image) cannot be enhanced (increased) as you're thinking.

The point is... the apparent resolution of the object is better than the apparent resolution of the plane. Hoax.

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Resolution can't be created, but can be restored, granted it is not necissarily "accurate" but it is a good enough average that the picture looks slightly more decent then if it had continued to decay from constant increasing and decreasing the sizes.

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Just imagine if it had been really fuzzy, then everyone would say "wow it must be real."

top topics

join