It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are they watching YOU for??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by AGENT_T

Then I try and picture where the heck I would be in that lot

LOL Thanks!

As to where.... see that bright star on the rim at the lower left? we are close to that, but to dim to spot

I just can’t believe some of you still don’t get it! They don’t have to go thru the thousands of hours of tapes for you to get caught being in the wrong place at the wrong time. You would have to be an idiot to not take into consideration the logistics involved in such a process. I am insulted when someone doesnt read between the lines, see's an intelligent post, and thinks that person missed something so simply basic as that? They don’t have to look through all of it. There are reasons why we have search and seizure laws, there are reasons why we have privacy laws.

Modern computer AI will one day be very effective in separating the wheat form the chaff.

Here is the deal. A person is robbed on camera; the camera doesn’t catch the whole thing only part of it. The part where you, the innocent citizen is in the wrong place at the wrong time. Then some crooked prosecutor that only cares for his advancement to becoming either a judge or a DA gets this evidence, and cares not for your guilt or innocents and nails your but for the crime.

Or another scenario, the nanny state gets so out of control in protecting you from yourself it makes something you like to indulge in, lets say its chocolate, against the law. You love chocolate but they deemed it bad for you and are making health care costs rise for the rest of the public. You get that nice chocolate bar mailed to you from a country that hadn’t lost its mind yet and go somewhere safe to indulge in your little secret. You get caught on camera and are fined or imprisoned because we are in a "War against Chocolate".

Think its funny? Think again. Don’t let them ratchet your freedoms away one notch at a time. I don’t need your nanny state; I don’t want it don’t impose it on me.

Instead of the DEA we have another one called the CEA. Chocolate Enforcement Agency. I love chocolate. heheh

I am smart at comprehending things, but completely retarded at explaining what I comprehend. I'm trying to learn to convey myself.

I think a lot of us are, myself included. You will learn more and more how to convey what you are feeling. ATS has made me a better person in many ways, this was one of them. You can also meet some great people. Who knows maybe even the love of your life!

[edit on 3-11-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
You get caught on camera and are fined or imprisoned because we are in a "War against Chocolate".

I pity the fool who messes with my chocolate..

It,s funny because we are told to stand up against losing our liberties starting with cctv..(to protect us)
But I see no stand from our counterparts in the US against the blatant loss of civil rights.. to protect who exactly?? removing hundred year+ legislations.

If there was ever a civil war in either of our countries I know where I would rather be. It,s much harder to be flanked in my neighbourhood

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

[

They wouldnt last long thats for sure! Dont look at my Cadbury bar! Its mine!

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Blummin heck.

No sooner said ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You guys are in deeper doo-doo day by day.
When the dollar inevitably collapses ,nothing short of a full blown world war will restore order.. A New World One at that.

Then everybody will be watching us. on cams,mics,Ir sensors,ultraviolet..

Where,s my tin of bootpolish??

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

The new police are empowered to "make arrests without warrant for any offense against the United States committed in their presence, or for any felony cognizable under the laws of the United States if they have reasonable grounds to believe that the person to be arrested has committed or is committing such felony."

They need no warrant to arrest you, nor do they need any evidence against you.

Oh my God what is happening to my country! Thanks for the heads up AGENT. We seem to becoming Hitlers germany...

I dont want to be a freaking Nazi.

I only wanted to make a difference. This is really bad news...

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   

You have voted AGENT_T for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

You deserve my next to last WATS for that one. Damn.

Bootpolish...

[edit on 3-11-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Part of the reason the USA is losing so much money is endless warfare.
The people will not tolerate death and famine within to sponser more.
Their ability to care about what happens to others in other nations will wither away under their own suffering.
There will be no need for them to go to war, when they can make alternative fuels for home use and heavy use will still be in the hands of China as it is now.

Within the massive debt owed to Japan and China, those two nations will at first call the tune that the USA must dance too, thanks to the corruption of the elites of the USA.

If there is a major war caused purely by economic factors, it seems it would be China securing oil access that it feels it must have.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   

[

They wouldnt last long thats for sure! Dont look at my Cadbury bar! Its mine!

Ok I'm watching out for the Beer Enforcement Agency... that's when I'll get locked up for sure! And what a coincidence... it's Beer:30

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senaden
Part of the reason the USA is losing so much money is endless warfare.
The people will not tolerate death and famine within to sponser more.
Their ability to care about what happens to others in other nations will wither away under their own suffering.
There will be no need for them to go to war, when they can make alternative fuels for home use and heavy use will still be in the hands of China as it is now.

Within the massive debt owed to Japan and China, those two nations will at first call the tune that the USA must dance too, thanks to the corruption of the elites of the USA.

If there is a major war caused purely by economic factors, it seems it would be China securing oil access that it feels it must have.

I was reading an article this afternoon that covered the issue of endless warfare:

Source: www.axisoflogic.com...

Unending War For Unending Peace

We find it difficult to believe that a regime--such as that which controls the United States--could adopt barbaric annihilation through unending war as its primary operating principle. Yet, if we examine the history of the last century with a critical eye, we discover that to be the case. The improvement of the lot of the working class under the Franklin D. Roosevelt, Dwight Eisenhower, and John Kennedy administrations must be seen as bright exceptions to the prevailing ideology and practice of exploiting and "grinding" workers through vulture capitalism. Once we recognize that the current ruling elite has no interest whatsoever in anything other than amassing wealth and power, we must ask: What is it about this strategy of ceaseless war that fulfills so well the goals of this totalitarian cabal ? Modern industrial societies, such as America, Britain, Japan, Russia, China, and the European nations, develop the capacity to produce more than is required for their economic survival.

A ruling faction that has no interest in improving the lot of the working class must find the most profitable and efficient way to "use up" this surplus production of goods, services, and people. Perpetual armed conflict provides the criminal rulers with a "balance wheel," a most effective technique of destroying the surplus. Only through this constant production-and-destruction cycle can the rulers maintain their industrial empires.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keiya
but I think the government is trying to monitor specific people with "Psychic" abilities. That, I think, may(probably in my view) even be something they're doing in Area 51. Testing on people with these abilities, as well as monitoring people with them that they for some reason are brainwashing instead of capturing and using for testing.

Nope not at area 51.... that was a CIA project.... began in the late 60's and was officially ended in 1995... It was called "Project Stargate" [yes WAY before the movie] and the government trained pshchics for remote viewing
It moved to Los Alamos for a time...

but, then again, with how the government is I have every right to be suspicious.

So tell me just how IS the government? Do you know? Maybe its a good thing that the sheep are kept in line...

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   

So tell me just how IS the government? Do you know? Maybe its a good thing that the sheep are kept in line...

Among the sheep thar be dragons, that may one day EAT the government. That is if said government gets much more brazen.

I you want you rights taken away or have your privacy by a tyranical governement, why wait. Move to China, indulge in curfue and slave labor. It would be much easier on the rest of us.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Thanks to each of you who gave me positive feedback on this thread. I have never been voted for a WATS before and it feels kind of good to be acknowleged like that!

This particular subject has been close to my heart, as it is to alot of us around here on ATS.

A quick story, a bit off topic, but then not really............

A couple of years ago I was pulled over by an officer at 1:30am. I was driving by a bar and saw a person leaving the bar, I then saw a cop with his lights on, I assumed he was pulling over the other guy. He pulled me over and said I was too close to the line on the right hand side of the road. He also said he smelled alcohol and that if I went to the station and blew in the tube 00 then I could go. I went "downtown" blew into his breathalizer then he told me I had to pee in the cup. No, I said, you said you smelled alcohol and I blew 00 so let me go.

Well, I refused to drop under prinipal of the matter. Lost my licence for a year and had the DUI dropped in court to a blood alcohol content! What in the world!!! "They" do what they want when they want and I don't like it.

Edit to add............No I was not under the influence of drugs, or alcohol or anything else.

[edit on 5-11-2006 by interestedalways]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways I was driving by a bar and saw a person leaving the bar, I then saw a cop with his lights on, I assumed he was pulling over the other guy.

I wonder who the person leaving the bar was?

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Among the sheep thar be dragons, that may one day EAT the government. That is if said government gets much more brazen.

I you want you rights taken away or have your privacy by a tyranical governement, why wait. Move to China, indulge in curfue and slave labor. It would be much easier on the rest of us.

Sigh.... move to China.... then I could go dinosaur bone collecting without being tossed in jail.... hmmmm pleasant thought.... and the Chinese are hiring Amercans with ANY tech skills what so ever... I have had three offers at local Las Vegas trade shows just this year...

BUT then I read that our gov and their gov are PLANNING to stage a war for around 2008...

I read that Werner von Braun created a "manufactored" enemies list that the US gov will use to "keep us at war alertness" and keep the bucks rollin in fer weapons and other toys...

1) Russia.... been there done that... [They never were truly our enemies...]
2) Terrorists... are there now... 911... Iraq... Bin Laden... all surrounded by conspiracy talk... misleading info and outright lies from the gov [WMD etc]
3) Asteroids... we NEED space weapons... [seems a lot of talk on the media about asteroids in the last few years...]
4) Aliens... those nasty ET's that want to do us in... we REALLY NEED space weapons... [von Braun says ET's mean us no harm... who is HE to know that? Oh wait... NASA's top dude since WWII.... who HATES space weapons and quit NASA two years after being assigned as NASA's planner for the future at the Pentagon...

So about those Dragons that are standing ready... how is their weapons budget? Those other dudes have some awfully big toys to bring to the party... Its not like it was when we kicked the Brits out when guts pitchforks and some brave woodsmen won the day...

PS Notice below my Avatar....

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Are you standing on a crocodile?

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Oops... Meant above my Avatar

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The cameras can be used to track what your movements, but they cannot always show intent. Quite often, video evidence can be taken out of context to provide the appearance of somethign that doesn't happen. Say, for example , that you are in a department store. You are looking at earrings as a gift for you wife, when the cleark moves to a different part of the counter to check on another customer. You leave the earings on the counter and go. Someone walks up behind you and cops the earings, and the security cam happens to be turned toward the clerk at that time. The clerk discovers the missing earrings, and on viewing the tape, they see you with the ear rings and minutes later that see both you and the ear rings are gone.

Another problem is operant bias. IF someone is reviewing the tapes, and they are trying to prove you did something, they will ignore any evidence to the contrary.

I had the unpleasant experience of being put under close illegal surveillance several years ago. My advice is that if yo work at a law enforcement agency, it is in your best interest NOT to socialize with co-workers when you are off the clock. All it takes is one mentally unstable co-worker to make your life a nightmare.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Because it's none of their damn business what I'm doing. Maybe they should put more police out on patrol, do more in the community to prevent crime before it happens, rather than take away my right to walk down the street without being stared at or otherwise filmed whenever I'm in town.

I don't like the culture of data collection and citizen profiling in the UK. Too much of our resources are being poured into monitoring people who haven't ever commited crimes - beyond a violation of privacy, it's wasting energy that could be concentrated on solving crime. I don't want my finger print, DNA, or anything else about me "on file". The police have no idea who I am and that's the way I like it. Hopefully that's how it will stay. Not because I'm a criminal with something to hide, but because I value my right to privacy.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MouseOnMars Maybe they should put more police out on patrol, do more in the community to prevent crime before it happens,

rather than take away my right to walk down the street without being stared at or otherwise filmed whenever I'm in town.
Not because I'm a criminal with something to hide, but because I value my right to privacy.

Couldn,t agree more with your first statement

Couldn,t disagree more with the rest.

You are not being ''stared at,followed,having your 'privacy' infringed,persecuted,spied on...'' etc etc etc.''

You are just one of the faceless millions passing by on a video recorder or a bored fat guy,s monitor before being deleted into mundane oblivion...
Unless you commit a crime.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

You are not being ''stared at,followed,having your 'privacy' infringed,persecuted,spied on...'' etc etc etc.''

You are just one of the faceless millions passing by on a video recorder or a bored fat guy,s monitor before being deleted into mundane oblivion...
Unless you commit a crime.

Then why have them in the first place, if the people hired to watch them are so complacent. I think the misconception that no one is paying attention to them, is exactly what they want you to think so you tolerate the cameras being in place to begin with.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join