It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Wants Man on Moon by 2024, Scientist Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
SHANGHAI, China — China plans a manned lunar mission by 2024 that will include a walk on the moon's surface, a top Chinese scientist was quoted as saying in a Hong Kong newspaper.

www.foxnews.com
SHANGHAI, China — China plans a manned lunar mission by 2024 that will include a walk on the moon's surface, a top Chinese scientist was quoted as saying in a Hong Kong newspaper.

The announcement by lunar program vice director Long Lehao shows long-term preparations are moving ahead for the country's ambition space exploration program.

The program went into overdrive following China's first successful manned space mission in 2003 and may include a space walk by an additional manned mission next year.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This doesn't surprise me the least, and good for China! The US does not take space seriously and NASA can't ever seem to get anything right. In other news, Nasa has just delayed the Space Shuttle July 1st launch again.
The Space Shuttle was supposed to get over 70 flights a year from the beginning of its career dating back over 30 years ago. In the last 30 years the most launches Nasa has been able to get out of the space shuttle has been something like 6. Nasa is a joke, I have much more confidence in the Chinese Space Program than my own American Space Catastrophy, Nasa.
With an indifferent American Population, China will take the lead and will beat the Americans to the punch in a 2nd for mankind, trip to the moon.
Good for China!

join