It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US may shoot down test missile.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Nice try at an attempt to side step what I was saying. However, a quick look at your other posts backs me up. Seems like you are all over bashing the U.S. on any thread you can find. Looks like nothing us "chest thumping Yanks" do is safe from your 'scathing' criticism. But how about them Flyers? You sure love them don't you? Bet you wouldn't last 5 minutes walking around Phillie and spouting your stuff. You see, it's all part of the same place in the end. You might be way better of sticking with something you know a little about. BTW, are they still sending old men and old ladies to jail for trying to defend their homes and families over there in merry old England? Now that would be a worthy cause to take on right in your own back yard .

[edit on 6/21/2006 by centurion1211]

Sidestep? Id welcome you to tell me how the Philadelphia Flyers have any connections to the government or that criminal who hears voices in his head.

You do know the only guy jailed shot someone leaving his property in the back? Hardly self defence.

Also, the fact that you say I wouldn't last in Philly #s on your country a whole lot more than I could ever do, thanks!

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Well let's take the following things into account.

1. Even if the USA have a 50/50 chance (I have heard the latest version of the missile defence has 60-80% accuracy) of shooting the missile down - NK have a pretty slim chance of hitting their target... or even the USA at all for that matter.

2. Missile defence isn't just ground to air. We've (Western Nations) also got warships in the pacific that will shoot the first shots, jets which will shoot air to air at the missile and last of all the superiour ground to air missile defences on Hawii, and all over the USA.

3. If the missile is headed for Australia (as stated before) it will be shot at - we possess part of the USA's missile defence installations to proctect the US nukes on AU soil.

4. Fuel will not damage the rocket. All of the ICBM's in USA, Russia, China etc etc can go more than 4 weeks without having to be refueled.

As for legal issues. The USA has every right to shoot down any North Korean missile as long as it is outside North Korean, Chinese or Russian airspace. As soon as it enters International, Japanese or South Korean airspace it can be shot down by the USA. It MAY be an act of war - but a response to an act of war on part of North Korea.

I can't believe you Bush bashers are saying that the USA shouldn't have the right to defend itself against a missile that is being launched at them by a country who has threatened to nuke them.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   

But how about them Flyers?

OFF TOPIC but ...

The 'Canes just took Stanley home. A bunch of ex-flyers are
on the team - Williams, Recci, Brindamore ....

It was an awesome Stanley Cup series. The Canes should have
put the Oilers away in 4 games, but the spunky Oilers made them
go the whole 7 before winning Stanley.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by shanemcbain

3. If the missile is headed for Australia (as stated before) it will be shot at - we possess part of the USA's missile defence installations to proctect the US nukes on AU soil.

LOL right
which erm nukes are these ? please enlighten me. We also don't hvae any intereceptors based in Australia either.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

Sidestep? Id welcome you to tell me how the Philadelphia Flyers have any connections to the government or that criminal who hears voices in his head.

***Raps on Flyers head with knuckles and says, "McFly, are you in there?"***
Dude, you are sitting over there in England trashing everything the U.S. does in post after post. But you choose a U.S. symbol for your avatar. Kind of like the terrorists they catch over in the ME wearing New England Patriots shirts. Your anti-U.S. spiel is getting sooooo tedious. I've been suggesting that you find something or someone (Blair?) closer to your home to rag on for awhile.

You do know the only guy jailed shot someone leaving his property in the back? Hardly self defence.

Now who is swallowing the government's propaganda?

Also, the fact that you say I wouldn't last in Philly #s on your country a whole lot more than I could ever do, thanks!

IF I understand what you were trying to say here, my earlier comment can be paraphrased (said a different way) as: easy (and soooo courageous) for you to say and do from England where there would be no repercussions for your actions. Try it here and find a different story.

I'm sure you'd be thrilled to have a bunch of us in the U.S. create Manchester United avatars and then proceed to verbally take your little country apart. Alas, too easy and pointless to actually do.

(get it yet?)

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Could anyone expand more on what airspace juristiction the US have?, does the US have the right to shoot anything down that crosses or flys over this ocean?

sorry man, but that perspective can be viewed both ways...
...does anyone have the right to shoot a missle over this ocean too? especially without declaring it's purpose?

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   

***Raps on Flyers head with knuckles and says, "McFly, are you in there?"***
Dude, you are sitting over there in England trashing everything the U.S. does in post after post. But you choose a U.S. symbol for your avatar. Kind of like the terrorists they catch over in the ME wearing New England Patriots shirts. Your anti-U.S. spiel is getting sooooo tedious. I've been suggesting that you find something or someone (Blair?) closer to your home to rag on for awhile.

You still dont get it, I dont have to stop buying US things or stop supporting the Fyers just because Bush is a criminal.

Now who is swallowing the government's propaganda?

Propaganda? It was a fact and the gunshot wound confirmed it.

Originally posted by centurion1211IF I understand what you were trying to say here, my earlier comment can be paraphrased (said a different way) as: easy (and soooo courageous) for you to say and do from England where there would be no repercussions for your actions. Try it here and find a different story.

I'm sure you'd be thrilled to have a bunch of us in the U.S. create Manchester United avatars and then proceed to verbally take your little country apart. Alas, too easy and pointless to actually do.

(get it yet?)

No, we would be intelligent enough to know that Man U have got nothing to do with the government and its policies and would criticise it as much as you. Everyone else seems to get it. I'm sure in a day or two even a robo-patriot like you will.

Then again, I'm not so sure because you have serious difficulties in understanding the difference between hating the government and hating normal people, most of which seem to dislike the government as much as me judging by the polls.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by shanemcbain
As for legal issues. The USA has every right to shoot down any North Korean missile as long as it is outside North Korean, Chinese or Russian airspace. As soon as it enters International, Japanese or South Korean airspace it can be shot down by the USA. It MAY be an act of war - but a response to an act of war on part of North Korea.

It is a military target, legally the US could bomb it on the launch pad if they wanted. The US and North Korea have been in a defacto state of war since 1954, legally the US can blow it up anyway they want if they choose to.

I know it sounds weird, but because the US and North Korea are in a legal state of war with no peace agreement, my statements are "legally" correct.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
Let's look at the information I believe we have. A country lies and hides the facts that it has developed nuclear weapons and lets the world know years later. Next thing you know they say they may test fire a missile that they say can hit your country.

The Chinese have the ICBM that can hit the US. I don't see us bombing the Chinese launch sites. The NK says they will test the missile, they didn't say they would try to hit tragets in the US.

If shooting down a missile heading for your country is not self defense, I'm not sure what that is then.

I can assure you that Russia conducted many tests in which the direction of the missile could be interpreted as that towards US. For example, if a missile launched form North Russia is heading towards Pacific and crashes there, what guarantee do you have that it's not headed for the US? You don't.

Personally, I think it would be way cool to shoot down the NK missile. But I don't think that's the right thing to do, regardless of how cool it is. If the NKers shot down an American aerial test vehicle, that should certainly be regarded as an act of war. We owe it to ourselves to keep at least a modicum of a high moral ground.

[edit on 22-6-2006 by Aelita]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I think the Americans are just a bit paranoid. So what if NK want to research missiles that could reach US, it doesn't mean that THIS missile is headed for the US! It's just a way of measuring the relative distance. US have missiles that could reach loads of other countries, but no one else gets into a panic about it.

I think US should just keep an eye on it, and protect Alaska in case something does happen, but don't just shoot it down otherwise. That would be directly denying NK their technology research just because US is paranoid.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
But the war never ended with North Korea, the USA tomorrow could do all out war with NK and it would be totally legal, would the USA do such a thing i doubt it as SK would be invaded and we have to nuke entire area, let alone what china might decide to do, but as someone else said better in this thread the NK war never ended between USA and NK it just came to a stop and forced peace by that no mans land between NK and SK with all troops guarding each side, which i should add many many people seem to have forgot this? whats taught in schools now days i wonder sometimes i really do.

[edit on 22-6-2006 by blobby]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'm sure that if NK was purposely trying to hit the US then it wouldn't just have one missile on the launch pad . . . even NK realise they wouldn't get a second shot otherwise.

America is just looking for any excuse to use a nuke or even a newly developed weapon which they themselves are itching to test out!!!

America nuked Japan in WW2 both as a test of their new technology and to show the world their "superiority" over every other country. Maybe they have realised that their reign is almost over ( with the threat of China becoming the leading super power in the not too distant future) they are looking for another opportunity to show the world who's still got the bigger guns!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hmm, what scares me is if the states shoot it down, but pretend they didn't, instead substituting the shot down missile for their own armed nuclear ICBM, and hit the mainland with it. If two missiles are flying side by side, it is hard to tell whether it is two or one on radar. This theory is "way out there" ... but what if? America would have a good reason in the eyes of the public to go into korea and bomb the crap out of that country.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The question we need to ask (ProveIt) is would the American Administration be that sick in the head to detonate a nuclear device on home turf killing American citizens and blame it on NK????

Stranger things have happened in times of despiration...I personally believe that some men will do ANYTHING for power because of greed which makes me very nervous at the moment.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProveIt
Hmm, what scares me is if the states shoot it down, but pretend they didn't, instead substituting the shot down missile for their own armed nuclear ICBM, and hit the mainland with it. If two missiles are flying side by side, it is hard to tell whether it is two or one on radar. This theory is "way out there" ... but what if? America would have a good reason in the eyes of the public to go into korea and bomb the crap out of that country.

That could happen i guess, lol imagine how many conspiracy posts would pop up on this website! Is there an exact date for the missile test? We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

If US are so worried, maybe they could sabotage it somehow without taking responsibility?

[edit on 22-6-2006 by malganis]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis

Is there an exact date for the missile test?

No exact date has been given but some have suggested it is dependent on the weather . . . there has been a few thunderstorms around the launch area lately and it is probably not good to launch a test missile through a thunderstorm... lol.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I'm curious, does anyone know the location of the Airborne Laser ? This wouls seem like a prime target for it, it could hit the missile on teh launchpad as far away as 300km.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Theres no logical reason to hit Korea,
the us wont hit themselves and blame korea.
Korea is to big, to strong and to UNIMPORTANT to waste all those american lives and $$$ on.

THe USA is hoping this will just dissapear of the radar.
If korea hasnt fired that weapon NOW.. I dont think they will.
Yeah weather plays a part, but only in the immediate area around the missle site./
Im sure there would of been an hour or so's break in the bad weather to fire the missle, then track it.

Its just a ploy to get MORE out of the americans, or make the americans look like weak bully's.

IF this was just a test of the missles ability to fly, why not just point it in to the middle of the ocean, so it doesnt interfere with anyone?
why have this thing provoking the USA

your either wanting something
or wanting to attack someone.

and i doubt they are stupid enough to attack,
i mean they wouldnt have any allies.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
not sure if anyone has answered this already, but why has NK warned not to do any spyplane flyovers? have they forgotten that we have satellites? are they afraid that we might catch them topping the missle off w/ a nuke before they launch it?
besides, if we wanted to do a flyover, they probably wouldnt even know...

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I keep hearing possible launch dates depend on the weather. The other day I heard Friday. Today I heard the weather is still bad but Sunday is supposed to be clear. Perhaps a statement will come out that they are not going to test fire their missile. Then they can leave us all wondering if they do have the range rather than failing miserably in their first test and be laughed at around the world.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join