It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone heard about the bomb on 9/11

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
was anyone watching the news during 9/11

if so....anyone remember the bomb on the George Washington bridge?????

i heard there was a bomb on George Washington Bridge and it was on the news..

i doubt u will ever find this news online or anywhere

they cleaned the news out......

ok........i didnt see it on the news........but a song Cause of death by Immortal Technique says

About the bombs planted on the George Washington bridge ,Four Non-Arabs arrested during the emergency, And then it disappeared from the news permanently

.........what do you think guys??? anyone ever heard of that news??? ........

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I heard of several bombs going off that day. But they were all just rumors. There was supposedly one in DC, and there were supposedly the ones on the GW bridge. There were so many wrong reports that day that I'm not surprised you can't find anything on it, the news agencies wouldn't keep it up once it was proven to be wrong.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
do you think its some type of government hideout???

what if this was true.......

www.lyricsspot.com...,%20Vol.%202%20Cause%20Of%20Death

read that part of the washington bridge..........

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
No, I think it was simply a report by a reporter that heard something from someone who heard something, and it got reported on the air before anyone checked it out. I was listening to the radio all day on 9/11 and I was constantly hearing reports that were changed within 5 minutes of them being reported. There were anywhere from 4-8 planes hijacked, 3 crashed, a truck bomb went off in Washington, etc. Reports like that were going on all day on 9/11. They were simply reports that went out on the air before being verified.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
it is almsot 5 years after the events of 9/11 and we still dont know what really happened

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Let me just say that this is completely unconfirmed and I'm sure I'll be heckled for it, as I've done some heckling at others who made similar claims...

Apparantly on 9/11 once the perverbial "crap" started hitting the fan, they began doing stops on the GW Bridge (I believe), likely of traffic going into NYC. Apparantly a van, or Ryder-style truck, of Arab men was stopped. Weapons and explosives were found. I'm not sure what their target was, or why they surrendered so easily. I was just told that 4 men were taken into custody.

After that, the public never heard anything again.

Now this information comes from my brother's friend's father, who is apparantly an FBI agent. Believe me, I'm kicking myself in the butt for even posting this because I feel like the biggest idiot for doing so. I'm not one for posting second or third or fourth-hand stories like this without any shred of confirmation. I just felt that I would throw it out there since someone else brought the subject up, and see what you all think about it or if anyone else heard or read anything similar.

My guess is that if these men were apprehended that they were interrogated Abu Ghrab-style, as our government allegedly wasn't fully aware of the scope of the attacks at that time. I'm sure they would have broken any laws necessary to crack these men as they didn't know what else may have been coming from al-Qaida in addition to the hijackings.

Anyway, if this did happen and these men were apprehended, then I think one of several things happened to them. They obviously would have been interrogated here, like I said, and probably tortured at least until they broke or until we began to think things were settling down and the attack(s) were over. Since then, they may have been sent to their native countries or a foreign country of our choosing for some more rough interrogation and torture. I think if they weren't killed that they are either still in custody or we were somehow able to convince some or all of them to go back under cover in al-Qaida as double agents. Since al-Qaida isn't a group of morons, they probably figured that the men were apprehended and were turncoats since the attack they were to execute never happened, and because they were likely missing and out of contact for some time after 9/11. They also probably heard the same information that we did about the GW Bridge arrests and all the rumors since.

All that being said, this is completely based on UNCONFIRMED RUMOR AND SPECULATION ON MY PART. Please don't come after me with torches!!!!! As I type this I'm still debating in my mind whether to hit the "post reply" button or not, but obviously if you're reading this then I've decided to do so.

At the very LEAST I hope that my post helps open up some more conversation, speculation and maybe even more stories others have heard about this and similar events on or about 9/11 that have since vanished. Does anyone remember anything on 9/11 about Muslims being arrested on an Amtrack-type train? I remember when watching the news that I heard something like this. It could have just been like the many other untrue stories that were flying out of news rooms minute by minute on that day. But for all I know it may have actually happened, just as the GW Bridge incident may have happened. And just as the alleged story about Mossad agents jumping up and down cheering on the other side of the Hudson River during the attacks like we've read so many times on here!

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
There were many false bomb reports that day. As it all happened, I was on my way to a gig in DC, about two miles from the Pentagon (though I was still in the Baltimore area at the time), and eventually got the call from my boss, saying that the gig had been cancelled. I turned around to return home (at that time, I was living on Wilson Point (near Baltimore, MD), and my apartment was immediately next to Martin Air National Guard Base and Airport (a dual use facility, for both commercial and military aircraft). As I got near the apartment, I was stopped by several county police, accompanied by National Guardsmen, saying that the entire peninsula was off-limits to the public, due to a bomb threat at Martin. Two hours later, the bomb threat was called off, and no bomb was ever found.

Additionally, there were reports of bombs in the Baltimore World Trade Center building (I'm posting a reference photo, so you can see which building I'm talking about - Baltimore Skyline - the Baltimore WTC building is to the right side of that photograph, the tall, tan building, next to the taller red building). None of these reports were ever confirmed.

All that said, it's quite likely that you may have heard something reported about a bomb on the GW Bridge, which was later proven false, and not considered newsworthy. The stories were probably also removed from news sources for two reasons, first, they were false, and second, there's no need to have false stories of greater tragedy floating around on the same day as the US experienced its greatest tragedy ever, and the country is already in shock.

It was a very ominous day after everything happened, though. I remember driving through downtown Baltimore around 9pm that night (a time when the city is usually still bustling), and seeing the streets empty except for military (or possibly local SWAT) troops, with fully automatic rifles lining the streets. Very creepy indeed.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
When a major event happens and people don't know what it was, they naturally speculate, guess and flat-out make assumptions. A good example is what happened here in the UK last year, on 7/7. The initial reports we got were that there had been a power cut on the tubes. It's happened before, so that was plausible. It wasn't until later that the truth dribbled out. It's human nature.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Does anyone remember anything on 9/11 about Muslims being arrested on an Amtrack-type train? I remember when watching the news that I heard something like this. It could have just been like the many other untrue stories that were flying out of news rooms minute by minute on that day.

i think i heard somthing about that but im not sure....

there is many untold secret about 9/11....

so you guys think there is not a single government hidout about 9/11

what the government say about Flight 93, i think is all lie..........

there were much worse event happening during 9/11...so why would some reporter care about arrested NON-arab that had bombs on them at George Washington Bridge,if it happend,........do you see where im going??

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
There were also reports of hijacked airliners landing in Cleveland and Pittsburgh as well.

One thing that I find interesting is that it is mentioned that nothing has been heard about the bomb reports since they happened. A couple of days after 9-11 a large black duffle bag was reportedly found on the dam at one of our local reserviours. The reports made the local paper for a day and then there was nothing heard about it again. However from that time on it became illegal to fish in that lake. The local water company had been trying for years to ban fishing in that lake and the local Judge consistantly ruled against them. Even after the water company ran a massive ad campaign stating that the water supply couldn't be contaminated, the fishing ban is still in effect.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
rasputin, I heard something similar and I also heard a few other things.

my source was from NYPD. Brother in law of a girl I worked with and he would stop by the office at the beginning or end of his shifts during the weeks that followed. I also had a secretary who was National Guard and was put on active duty guarding one of the armories in the city.

there were a bunch of stories that never made the news. supposed car bomb downtown that was caught and stopped. bombs supposedly found in and around the city. I don't put much stock into most of the stories as the two sources were getting mostly second hand stories but the gw bridge story had more detail than most. Of course it could have been a "wrong" version of the story of the israeli's "celebrating" in Jersey. Unfortunately, when things finally calmed down in the city my employee passed away and I no longer have contact with her brother in law.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
my friend was talking about this.......he told me he thinks the government are behind this attack........and i kind of think so too..........i think those bombers were for back up if the planes were not successful attacking the WTC......

anyone know or heard about a story about flight 93......thats nothing about the movie "Flight 93"
cuz i heard or saw a old news and showed no picture of a plane but a big whole

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Immortal Technique is awesome. I believe what he is referring to is the Isrealis who were arrested on the GWB with a carbomb. They were seen filming the WTC collapses while dancing and celebrating.

More info on this here.

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

[edit on 23-6-2006 by Barcs]

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by unsolved2490
my friend was talking about this.......he told me he thinks the government are behind this attack........and i kind of think so too..........i think those bombers were for back up if the planes were not successful attacking the WTC......

anyone know or heard about a story about flight 93......thats nothing about the movie "Flight 93"
cuz i heard or saw a old news and showed no picture of a plane but a big whole

Hi... I think that some people on this site might agree with you... check some of these threads ...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by obsidian468
All that said, it's quite likely that you may have heard something reported about a bomb on the GW Bridge, which was later proven false, and not considered newsworthy. The stories were probably also removed from news sources for two reasons, first, they were false, and second, there's no need to have false stories of greater tragedy floating around on the same day as the US experienced its greatest tragedy ever, and the country is already in shock.

This is 100% correct. All the reports of bombs were proven false. Living in the DC area and working downtown I can tell you that there were a TON of false alarms that day. Every package was called in. Every middle eastern person was looked on with suspicion.
This is a normal and human reaction. It happens after ALL major events or disasters. Look at Katrina. Same thing. Reports of rapes, murder, chaos, etc. Once the smoke clears though these reports turn out to be false.
The problem (if you can call it that) is that we live in the information age. Live news almost 24/7, easy access to the internet, etc. so stuff is reported before it's confirmed true or not. And once it is reported, it spreads rapidly.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Why would you take a rap lyric as truth?

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Why would you take a rap lyric as truth?

yes...i knew someone would ask that lol lol

Immortal Technique sings basically all about politcal stuff.........u should listen..

so you think all the stuff comming out of his mouth is false???

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

And they thought nobody noticed the news report that they did, About the bombs planted on the George Washington bridge, And then it disappeared from the news permanently, they dubbed a tape of Osama, and they said it was proof, "Jealous of our freedom," I can't believe you bought that excuse

..............so........all that is all fake??? he just decided to make somthing up???

The New World Order was born on September 11

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Nah, Technique didn't make it all up, but he does tend to claim facts of things that can't be proven, even though they are very likely. Personally I do believe the conspiracy and he is dead on with almost everything he says. When he's new album dropping?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Immortal technique was in newyork when all that # happen
he lives there an he saw that # first #in hand
# no he aint lying

<<   2 >>

join