It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NT-43A RTB

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
EG&G, operator of the Janet 737s that fly into Area 51 is also the operator of an NT-43A (737-200) that the USAF uses for radar cross section testing of stealth aircraft. It was first flown in 1974, and used as a navigator trainer until 1997. After sitting in the Bone Yard for 2 years, it was sent to OO-ALC at Hill AFB Utah and refurbished. After refurbishing, it went to Goodyear, Arizona in 2000 and was heavily modified and fitted with two large radomes. One forward facing, one rear facing. It has been seen as recently as March of 2006 flying over Death Valley with a B-2 Spirit doing RCS testing.

www.air-and-space.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Nice interesting link there zap,
, it reminds me a little of the Nimrod AEW with those huge fairings.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Holloman even have a unit patch for their radar testing team...

www.holloman.af.mil...

Blooming cool job if you can get it ( Brains required I guess...!)

tejon range...

www.is.northropgrumman.com...

and for this final one...well I really really really would love to know who had delivered this pimped ride... and armed and ready lear jet!

www.bakerav.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Wow, that's an ugly sucker. Oh well, I suppose if it works...I'll always prefer streamlined and pointy aircraft.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
and for this final one...well I really really really would love to know who had delivered this pimped ride... and armed and ready lear jet!

www.bakerav.com...

Those are all electronics pods. They use it to test jamming equipment against ships and AWACS. Pheonix Air used to do something similar with Lear 35s, and they'd two targets for the USN, USAF, and foreign militaries to shoot at.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Thats freaking mental - cheers zaphod82 for the info..

Still would raise some eyes rolling into town on one of those!

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Pheonix Air lost a Lear over Thailand about 10 years ago. The RTAF fired a missile at the target they were towing, and it tracked along the cable and nailed the Lear instead of the target.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It isn't a Learjet, its a Gulfstream II.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I ain't THAT far gone.
I was comparing it to the mission Pheonix Air does. PA flies Lears.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
LOL, no, I was correcting greebo's pic, not your reply

Originally posted by MadGreebo

www.bakerav.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Oh right. There's this little button that you've discovered in the upper right that says "Quote".
If you click it then it shows who you're talking to.
I see you figured it out with your last post.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Actually I was addressing the entire board, in the rather grand manner that I assume when I am tired (its midnight here!)

new topics

top topics

join