It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

no idea what so ever.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
You can't mistake the saw-toothed edges because they are way too distinct to miss them, plus it doesn't look like the edges fall into that kind of contour anyways.

It does look pretty big though. Reminds me of a UCAV I've seen before, can't put my finger on it. But I keep getting the feelings I've seen this aircraft before, I just can't figure out where.

Shattered OUT...

[edit on 21-6-2006 by ShatteredSkies]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Damn Zion Mainframe you just beat me to it.

Looking at the image more closely the redesign has additional sawteeth (is that a word?!) on the engine intakes and other places so I would guess that the redesign was done after the RCS pole tests.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
If you go to this website -->www.desertsecrets.com...
and look 3/4 of the way down towards the bottom, you will see a paragraph that reads:

Lockheed Martin submitted the following illustrations with a patent application for the "ornamental design for unmanned aircraft" on 28 May 1996 and the application was granted on 26 August 1997. This airplane looks like a smaller, unmanned version of the B-2 bomber. My guess is that this is the supposedly canceled, prohibitively expensive Tier 3 UAV, which may be the same as the rumored "Q." Lockheed's subsequently developed, subsequently canceled Tier 3- Darkstar UAV bears a resemblance to the UAV shown here. Patent #D382,851.

There are also several images posted from the patent application that look exactly like the aircraft in the image.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by gfad
Damn Zion Mainframe you just beat me to it.

Yeah, I'm also pretty sure they redesigned it after some pole testing. I don't think they ever build one that looked like that.

I must say, from that angle, it looks a lot like the X-47B Pegasus UCAV, but to my knowledge it hasn't flown yet. Tests are sceduled for this october.

The X-47B isn't a flying wing, however, and it's also not that large.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Aah, I see it now! It looks very much like these pics greebo; I haven't got excited about these though, what can you tell me?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Well looking at the new image host I'd say two things jump out at me. the bump on the right wing, a possible engine cowling etc? and the lighting on the side of the B-2 like plane seems werid to me. As for the chase plane we more or less know what plane it is. so size wise we could know its alt but the 2nd plane is the problem not the chase plane. considering it could be lower or higher then the chase and we have no way of know with and image of this rez.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Well in the past taking similar images and comparing them has helped show if these are fakes or not. here is a link to an image of a B-2 in formation with 2 f-15 taken from an underside view. now to my eye a key thing is the angle on which both plane the one in question and the B-2 have the same angle and the squared of tips.

www.mcdermottroe.com...

p.s. where did you get those other images waynos?

[edit on 21-6-2006 by Canada_EH]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I found out more details about the B-2's history. When Congress refused to increase funding for extra B-2's, they converted the B-2 prototype to a production version.

Perhaps the B-2 in the photo's is that prototype, before it was converted

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The joys of living next door to a Trainee barrister. I have been assured that, as I recieved the image in good faith that this knowledge is in the public domain (Even if just a patented drawing that is unclassified in any manner) that it is not taken within any restricted areas by unlawful means, I can post the piccie freely without any legal ramifications to myself OR the picture taker.

Im sorry I had to take the image down over night, but I really want to stay out of any possible trouble / cause any for myself or others.

here it is, and its the only image I have of this aircraft sorry people.

img317.imageshack.us...

(Direct link to image)

[edit on 21/6/06 by MadGreebo]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Is the photo all we're going to get to work on Greebo?

Can we have a date/time? Maybe a place? The circumstances under which it was spotted? Is it animal, vegetable of mineral?

Oh and waynos, is that a UAV? Does it have a name?

[edit on 21/6/06 by gfad]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Very interesting plane, heres the UCAV description:
www.globalsecurity.org...

[edit on 21-6-2006 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Yes gfad that is 'all' you have to go on - One piccie taken because of a person you will never know or meet has taken the time to capture an important image (To me its important, what any one else thinks is up to them).

the taker is on a 90 foot boat doing fish research in the Indian ocean. They have been there about two months, having set sail from Northern Madagascar, out west to the comores, up across to the seychelles and up to the final destination, shallow water research in the maldives.

Over the trip there has been alot of air activity over the Indian ocean, but all high altitude stuff or lower level 'normal' combat aircraft.

This picture is taken at about 350 km nnw of Diego Garcia Island, and at a medium altitude. The craft was heading away from diego, cruising over them at a moderately slow speed but without alot of noise for two aircraft. The taker was excited because they thought they had caught a bomber going out to Iraq / Afghanistan. I was excited because I have no blooming idea what the plane / UCAV / UAV is or could be.

theres the detail, the taker is aware that there is no trouble able to come back onto us, so the bare bones can be made available to you. Now, any ideas?

Oh and gfad, please no more animal / vegetable / mineral jokes please.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
MadGreebo Could you tell me when the pics were taken?
If it was recently, I find it odd that it would be around during during a massive US wargame, expecialy when China and Russia are observing.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
post edited because my friend told me not to mention what I just did, I'm leaving the pics up though on the other post

Greebo, do you think it could be the same aircraft?

[edit on 21-6-2006 by waynos]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Ok posting this image purely for size comparison purposes:

Thats an image of a B-2 with a T-38 chase plane that I've PSed in. If you assume that the aircraft are about level in both images (which of course they might not be) then apparently this craft is almost identical in size to a B-2.

This begs the question, if this is a real plane, why would they revert back to an inferior design?

Good story BTW Greebo, I don't know much about Diego Garcia, is it rumoured to be used for Black Projects? Oh, and what date was the pic taken?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the extra info MadGreebo. So basically we are looking at a true image that hasn't been edited etc. If this is true you may have a real true find that has happened her for the first time since ive been here. Good on you for being careful with the information and lets hope we can solve this puzzle.
My intail reaction was that this was a fake but you have put that to rest as long as i can trust your word. So in that light have we an idea if this is unmanned or manned?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well I'm pretty sure the aircraft in all the images is a B-2 prototype. Waynos, what more can you tell about the images you posted?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
They are just images that arrived in a message from my 'UK serivices' buddy who is abroad. I put more detail than that in my previous post but I had to remove it again, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have posted them until I knew more (I know nothing about the plane itself) but when I saw Greebo's I was sure they were connected.

The bottom pic I posted appears to show a single or twin engined type rather than a B-2 though and I am as sure as I can be that those three show the same plane.

I can't make out if the visible 'hump' is the air intake, a cockpit or a sensor housing like the Global Hawks

[edit on 21-6-2006 by waynos]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Must be a couple of these things flying around.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Yeah Waynos, I think the 3 photos all show the same plane but I'm not sure if its the same plane as Greebos. The first two seem to be from below and the last one appears to be of it banking giving a view of the top. It certainly looks like a B-2 style aircraft, the third pic is obviously most revealing and from what I can make out it looks like a single engine UAV, with the intake and exhaust being the darker coloured areas.

Greebos plane appears to be larger and more "stretched" along the length of the plane. Although the only reason I can see for reverting to that sawtooth pattern over the B-2 one is for a smaller aircraft.

Where did ur pic come from JIMC5499?

I wonder if they relate to each other at all.

[edit on 21/6/06 by gfad]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join