It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am having trouble staying logged in ??????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Hi

I am having a problem staying logged in.
BeforeI had to re-install Windows (yesterday), I stayed logged in with no problem.
I lowered my cookie settings (that worked last time) but everytime I click on a link from my ATS, I have to go back to the main page to log back in just to have to do it all over again

Thanks!!

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Wow, that's a new one on me.

Are you sure you clicked on 'apply' after changing the cookie settings?

Or possibly even some other application is cleaning up your cookies, and not allowing them to be saved?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Thanks !
I think it was my cookie settings. I re-set them a bit lower and it seems to be working fine now

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I don't know if you are still having problems or not, but I had something very similar happen.

I reinstalled IE, then I couldn't stay logged in. I played with all the settings and it seemed to work better for a few days, then I couldn't log in at all.

I found out that there is a glitch in the new IE that causes this and MS doesn't have a real work around yet.

I switched to Firefox and now I have no problems. (Pages load faster as well! Bonus!)

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
I don't know if you are still having problems or not, but I had something very similar happen.

Yeah, I think she's gotten everything under control.

Another Firefox devotee, I see.

The first time I used Firefox myself, I was a little lost. I did'nt really give it a chance.

Then one day, I decided to try it out again, and keep it there. Now I don't know how I ever managed without it.

to Mozilla!

btw - they have an upgraded (somewhat) version in Beta testing right now. I can't wait for the release!

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Yes, I got everything worked out. thanks
I also use Mozilla, not firefox, but just plain Mozilla 1.7.13, and have used it for the past 2 years

I don't know what I'd do without it

I can't stand using IE anymore, because when I re-installed Windows for the third time, it won't allow me to update IE without going into the registry to allow permission (and I aint going there by myself anymore, lol) . So, I am stuck with an old version of IE.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by SonyaChristina]

[edit on 15-7-2006 by SonyaChristina]

new topics

top topics

join