It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Forum READ BEFORE Posting **02/18/2007 UPDATE***

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Thank you for bringing this up again, it seems to run in cycles.
Being new I admit I can be overly sensitive to the board meanies.
From what I have experienced it is usually not even a subject that they are seriously interested in, they just seem to come in loaded for bear.
What I discovered however, is that there are a lot of seasoned members that will come to your rescue in verbally tactful and highly imaginative ways. It is a bit scarey to be new here and attempt to get your ideas across and find your mates, while having to watch your back from the wolves.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Thank you for a vitally needed post

I'm new and learning and excited at the brain power collectively assembled on this website. Some know a whole lot, others not so much, but the intent to find a solution indistinguishable
I look at this like parallel processing or distributed computing like Seti where every cpu is working to solve a problem. Venturing I will say a vast quantum computer.Thereare no small parts.

If we substitute "thats wrong" as opposed to "you are wrong" will go a long way in most discussions. It will place the focus on what is said as opposed to who said it. If a senior member, who i would consider a teacher, said "you" don't make sense..I would feel hurt . If the same teacher/member said "that" doesnt make sense..its a lot better and it means, uh oh , I better think this thru a little better, or do a little bit more research. come back and make the discussion better...Two simple words, and two different results.

You can always be you without having to continually say you

God Bless

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
11 p.m and still nothing

What a boring day

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
If a subject has been used look up what you want to write if there is a similar post just add to it because even if it was 6 months ago it would be back on the recent posts list anyway but you can reply to it instead if the original poster is not there.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Ok, so where do I look up what I've been seeing in the eastern sky over NYC. I'm from NJ and every Morning about 5 a.m. I see a light, dbl light in the eastern sky, just about where the sun is at 8 a.m.

One morning with my zoom lens of my digital camera I zoomed in on it and got a good look, and took a picture. To describe it, it looks like two tubes on either side of a slightly arched band. The tubes have a light at the end of them.

Gramps

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Where is everyone? Maybe you have information as to what this is? It has been there every morning for the last month, at least that is as long as I have seen it.

PLEASE RESPOND.

Reading your previous threads you debunked others for being false or foolish, this is not.

I didn't know how to fill in the profile, I'm on my daughters computer. I'm 80 years old and of very sound mind, may I add. I don't own a computer.

Neither my wife or I can figure this out.

Sincerely, Gramps

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Gramps

Gramps, it would be best if you were to click on the "New Thread" button above the columns. You will get a much better response by doing that. This thread is more or less a site information thread more than anything else, intended to relay updated info to the users of the Aliens & UFO's section of the forum.

A new thread will get you some answers, I have no doubt of that. If you cant find the clickable button to do this just ask your daughter for some help. Good luck...

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

on the one hand it may be easier to catch bees with honey than it'd be with vinegar, but on the other hand, the agressor may be able to deduce a thing or two depending on any response solicited...food for thought?

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by emanresui

Sort of like waterboarding to see how they react?

Nope... politely asked questions can do the same thing. Demanding answers aggressively only elicits angry responses.

That's why, on these boards, courtesy is mandatory

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Gramps

May I suggest you either post a picture or draw a simple diagram?

There are starfield programs on the web, just search on Astronomy programs on a shareware site. Then you can orient the sky and get an idea of what you might be seeing.

One old program I've used is 'Skyglobe', but I don't know if they even have a shareware version anymore. IIRC it was a DOS program, but it might have been ported to Windoze.

If you post a pic and/or a diagram and use a 'N-S' 'E-W' pointer in the corner, and an outline of what you see, with the horizon (use your fingers, or hand in front of you at arms length to depict the azimuth), it might generate more interest.

If you want to get fancy input your lat. and long. then people who like to use Google Earth can help you, possibly.

Good luck and thanks for the report!

[edit on 2-12-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
This seems like a very in depth story, please start a fresh thread.

Thanks,

Spiderj

[edit on 1/16/2008 by Spiderj]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Very glad to see your thread.

Seems to me it had become virtually a grandstanding ego flaunting RELIGION to rant at virtually any new poster or poster who had an unusual story to tell--firtually--REGARDLESS of the facts, the personal element of personal experiences etc.

And folks not joining into the RELIGION OF ATTACK were deemed to be stupid, uneducated, unskilled in analysis and the like. All such was more than a LITTLE off-putting, to say the least.

It quicly began to seem like one of the growing traditions hereon was the RELIGION OF ATTACK or otherwise reasonably described as . . . the Jr High School p*ssing contest.

No thanks. Such has left me veering clear of ATS for days at a time and I'm a big fan. What has it done to folks less intensly interested in our typical topics? Turned them off permanently? Sad, that.

In short--thanks much for your thread. Now you may have to bore a hole and pour it into some noggins around here but at least it's a much needed clear, strong statement. And I'm very thankful for that.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Whenever we catch someone attempting to hoax this community we ban them straight away. By "hoaxing" I mean imparting information as fact when it is impossible to back it up in the hope of convincing people to act or support the information in some overt way.

That is NOT the same as presenting your life experience or opinions/beliefs on the subject as just that, your opinions, beliefs and experiences and I will not tolerate ANYONE getting rude or acting uncivil toward those who would share these things with our community.

This of course does not apply to Sleepers thread in UFO forums. In this case a double standard will be enforced and the thread will be moved to Skunk Works.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Denied

as a long time lurker first time member the "search" is a crock. nice idea....but a crock. unless you know what exact thread you're lookin for then good luck. try using a coupla werds from the topic ...no luck. if you find it, my experience is that it takes hours of flipping to find stuff i saw only a couple of months ago. these are not complaints mind you, as i relish research, i just don't relish re-search, if ya know what i mean.my point, don't dump on people because they didn't search "hard enough", just point them in the right direction, with a solid link if possible and let the the info educate. being smug that you know something that someone else doesn't know helps no one.....we're all here for the same reason (unless you are zionist, shape shifting reptilion, draco, zeta-reticulan, master of orion, jedi, nordic, for us or agin us, somthin or another sob. you know who you are[waves fist at sky for no reason])
thus ends my first post. hope y'all don't take a dislikin' to me and blow me up real soon.

just as an aside, i am in no way implicating you Denied, of such behaviour, i am only replying to this thread, and as such, my reply is most relevant to your statement about the search option. cheers! fellow questioner of the statquo!

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
[edit on 24-1-2008 by Izarith]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
thanks for all info,am reading the forum since few months and am happy to see im not alone with my ideas.big hugs to everyone.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Well I must say ATS is a cool site and I love it.

After some time spent reading and watching some totally cool videos, I decided to sign up to take part. I was a bit worried about posting anything due to the large number of people posting things like "ya it's your ganny's underwear on a stick" or just simply attacking with ignorance and not adding anything constructive. Not much point if that's the only feed-back you get. So me being the fool I can be some days (I know for fact, the wife said so lol) I posted something I found and guess what, there is ganny's underwear....DOH ! I was amazed at how fast a Mod jumped on it.

Great work guys !!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hi,

I'm new....and have to read a lot!!!
Even though my English isn't 100%, I do like it here already!
Just wanted to say hi.......HI !!!!
Gonna start reading now...

XXX

[edit on 25-6-2008 by Nymfe]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join