It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soviet Scientists bring dogs back to life!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
and they dont actually say how its brought back to life, pumping blood bac into the body doesnt bring an organism back to life

after 10 minutes even it it could be brought back to life, the dogs retatred as hell

[edit on 21-6-2006 by DalairTheGreat]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

after 10 minutes even it it could be brought back to life, the dogs retatred as hell

Well we know people have say drowned or been under cardic arrest for that long and have come back, the technique they used although crude pumped oxygenated blood straight into the head or body, the bit i didnt get, was how the heart started pumping on its own accord, i would of thought it needed an electrical charge to get it started.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Fake.... thats my opinion. Take notice we don't see any long short on this at all for the dogs head. Probably some sort of early april fools footage or something. Now if it was me that was reviving a dogs head I'd sure as god made little apples want to show a long shot on a glass table to show that there wasn't a hole cut in it with the rest of the dog hidden.

Wayne...

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I have never seen anything like this.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
the Heart Lung machine used in in open heart surgery could do all of these things. The lungs shown working is nothing more than pumping them with good air. The dog's head is nasty and could be done. This is not bringing the dead back to life folks. Life can begin to end when the heart stops beating but if you can get O2 to the organs they can surely be restarted in the right conditions. Morbid tricks in my opinion given a spin in presentation. They are not going to jump off the table and start wanting to eat your brains. Poor dog, I am sure it was suffering on that table, I don't think they wanted to show the entire long shot because of conservative 1950 something era this short was made.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Well we know people have say drowned or been under cardic arrest for that long and have come back, the technique they used although crude pumped oxygenated blood straight into the head or body, the bit i didnt get, was how the heart started pumping on its own accord, i would of thought it needed an electrical charge to get it started.

yea but the dog wouldbe be running around a week later, hed have some sort of brain damage

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Quite an interesting find there Kacen
. Technically what these scientists did is indeed very possible, it's done today, with a few changes and on a live person. They just did it using a Artificial Circulation system, which are still used today in most open heart surgeries. But there are some key factors that must be met for the organs to be revived. Plus, for the time this video was made, it would have been a major medical advancement. Although the experiment seems real and not a fake, certain conditions were met for the revival to be possible, the most important being that the dogs were either perseverated, or died less than 1 hour ago. The head revival part is the most questionable part of the film, but keeping in mind that the brain must have suffered serious oxygen depravation that led to brain cell death and that the brainstem reflexes remained intact (Instincts), the dogs reaction was possible, although he probably wouldn’t be able to walk or recognize things, that is, if he still had a body. So, my opinion is that some of the experiments conducted on this film are theoretically possible, but the revival of the dogs with them retaining all motor and physical skills, is impossible, unless they lied about the dogs time of death or downright faked it

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Dude, if this can be perfected, we could have the Futurama style head in jars. Then, we make robot bodies. Would you put your brain in a robot body if it had the strength of 5 gorillas?

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I would rather die than be a head in a jar. I don't know about the reviving thing...seems kinda messed up, though I don't doubt it is possible.

GSA

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well, some bits are fake and / or impossible ie the lungs - thats just like blowing up a balloon and letting it deflate, BUT some parts appear to be possibly an early heart / lung bypass machine.

1) The heart is not regulated by blood or its supply, it is regulated by electrical currents to regulate and stimulate contractions of the muscles within which then stimulates blood flow. The heart cannot survive on blood alone.

2) If you are dead, on a table, at room temp for 10 minutes, you are not coming back, ever. The cells die rapidly after just 3 minutes, and total brain death occurs soon after at 6 / 7 minutes. When brain cells die, they are dead and can never be replaced, so 10 minutes and running around a week or so later? Impossible.

3) Heres where the video really falls down. The head that responded to stimuli. Let me explain. To do this, there would have to have been an internal electrical input of some description to stimulate nerve endings and nerve cells within the dogs head. Electricity is needed to cause all of the observed effects of response from the dog - If this dog had been dead for a while, the cells would of died and decay set in. Then only an artificial supply of electricity could of made the dog respond in any way, but certainly not like it did in the video. What happened there was not possible in any way shape or form in the manner they described.

How ever, and this is a big however, there is one way to do this on a dog....

The dog has to be alive as it is cut, alive as it is drained, and alive as it introduced to a new blood supply, and a massive effort would be needed to keep it alive for any length of time - This is where I think it could be real - IF the dog was alive when opened up, if it was alive it could be introduced to a new medium to transport blood around the system - ie a new heart and lungs to pump and oxygenate the blood - Then the brain could stay alive.

I think actually what this is may be a demonstration of a very early and crude version of the heart bypass machine in common use today with a very rudimentary explanation of what was happening. The real part of this video I feel was the dog being cut and swapped to the machine -BUT i do not believe the time limit was 10 minutes. No way.

Awesome find, can I download it because I would love to show it to some of the Doctors at work to see what they think.

Cheers, : )

[edit on 28/6/06 by GSA]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hi,

For those of you in the UK there is a documentary about this experiment on channel 5 right now!

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
That's pretty strange. I wasn't able to watch the whole thing but got glimpses of the video. My question, I wonder if this can someday be used for prostetics? I mean, like in Star Wars when Luke lost his hand and they attached a droid hand to him and he could use it like his normal hand. Just wondering out load really.

this is considered science fiction. i do belive that they could do that to a dog. but a humans body is much more complex. it is also inhumane to do that to a dog alone a person. image if u saw someone getting brought back to life, whispering to u kill me(if he still had the brain function to do so.) they had kind of a trouble to bring that whole dog back to life. he was in a serious condition after the reviving. its very difficult and i don't think the world would allow such thing. but i am not stoping them, i just wouldn't want to see my grandma 284 years old walking around. plus if people wanted to do that the disiese that killed the person would still be there. they would die again eventually.

i am not sure if any of you watch ghost in the shell. but most of the people in there are made with prostetics. thats also scince fiction, but it would be a break-through for scinece. but i dunno if i want to see my mother with no emotions walking around. sure a robot maid could help but it wouldn't be the same for anyone. i say let death take its path even though it will happen to me someday. but if that chance comes in hour time. hell.... give me a new body for freaking sake, don't let me die.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

1) The heart is not regulated by blood or its supply, it is regulated by electrical currents to regulate and stimulate contractions of the muscles within which then stimulates blood flow. The heart cannot survive on blood alone.

As long as the heart is receiving oxygenated blood to the heart muscle itself it should keep beating, the heart has its own pacemaker (the SA node).

Heres where the video really falls down. The head that responded to stimuli. Let me explain. To do this, there would have to have been an internal electrical input of some description to stimulate nerve endings and nerve cells within the dogs head. Electricity is needed to cause all of the observed effects of response from the dog

Exactly, those stimuli come from the brain, as long as there is oxygenated blood perfusing the brain all is good.

I think actually what this is may be a demonstration of a very early and crude version of the heart bypass machine in common use today with a very rudimentary explanation of what was happening. The real part of this video I feel was the dog being cut and swapped to the machine -BUT i do not believe the time limit was 10 minutes. No way.

Most likely correct, IMO anyone could perform this experiment in their basement, if they aren't squeemish. The parts to build a basic pump and way to oxygenate the blood are most likely easy to find.

If you hooked up the head up to the machine as you remove the body there would be little disruption to the supply. If you were to immerse the body in ice water before the operation you could provoke the mammalian diving reflex which would allow for longer than the 4-6 minute time frame in which brain death would occur.

this is considered science fiction. i do belive that they could do that to a dog. but a humans body is much more complex.

I disagree, there is not much difference between a dog and human. IMO it would be possible to perform this experiment on a human, the biggest problem would be the moral/ethical dilema.

I really don't see anything earth shattering in the video, they just hook the dog up to a bypass machine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join