It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soviet Scientists bring dogs back to life!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
www.archive.org...

(If this is in the wrong forum please move it.)

I saw this and I felt queasy...its so creepy. Its almost 20 minutes long so make sure you have time to watch it. They bring certain organs back to life, a dog's severed head, and a comeplete dog to life. Its unbelievable.

Do you guys think this is fake or not? I find it hard to believe, but when I think about it this kinda thing could be possible. But I'm not a medical expert or anything. What do you all think?

[edit on 20-6-2006 by Kacen]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
ive seen it before and i think its real.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
no it's not real. don't be silly. they can't do that! Unless they are undead dogs. And even if that's the case they's still gonna be decomposinised and that don't count as life to me. Jaw rotting an leg's all over the place. That aint no dog's life!

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Haven't watched the video, but I wouldn't doubt it. Read Russ Kick's book 50 Things You're Not Supposed to Know II. One of the things you're not supposed to know is that during the 1950s, Western scientist (don't remember if they were American, though I think they were) did experiments involving monkeys. Experiments would sever a monkey's head, keep it alive, and attach it to a headless monkey body that was also still being kept alive. I'm not making this up. Monkeys would live several hours, could track an experimenter's finger movements with their eyes, and tried to eat even though their esophaguses were not connected to stomachs. Its crazy to think what science can do.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
*SNIP* Don't believe anything they tell you unless you can prove it physically.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
that part with the chopped off dog head thats still alive and reacting to different things kinda freaks me out.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I guess one must ask the question:
How did they kill the dogs to begin with?
Or did they say?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
oh? kinda does it? kinda does it? You bloody wimp. I've seen bleedin corpses fighting me off when I've tried to stake em. I've seen werewolves' arms an legs crawling about trying to get back together with the body. Don't talk to me about about "kind freaks me out" I'll give yer "kinda freaks me out" yer big pansy.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

Actually, you have more than one.

[edit on 21/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by gamgamil
oh? kinda does it? kinda does it? You bloody wimp. I've seen bleedin corpses fighting me off when I've tried to stake em. I've seen werewolves' arms an legs crawling about trying to get back together with the body. Don't talk to me about about "kind freaks me out" I'll give yer "kinda freaks me out" yer big pansy.

wow..just wow

Anywho, that video was quite a site. The wonders of modern science never cease to amaze

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
"I guess one must ask the question:
How did they kill the dogs to begin with?
Or did they say?"

Probably the same way you normally euthanize animals...

"You know that science is just another Bull#ttttt religion don't you? Don't believe anything they tell you unless you can prove it physically.
"

You are a foolish person who cannot grasp that the computer you used to relay that message is physical proof of science just like everything else you enjoy.

"oh? kinda does it? kinda does it? You bloody wimp. I've seen bleedin corpses fighting me off when I've tried to stake em. I've seen werewolves' arms an legs crawling about trying to get back together with the body. Don't talk to me about about "kind freaks me out" I'll give yer "kinda freaks me out" yer big pansy.
"

I beleive you suffer from some type of psychological disorder you should perhaps see a doctor about this.

Anyway it is feasable if you can stimulate electrical activity in the brain. I would imagine this would have to be done quite quickly after the death of the animal to avoid rigamortis and decompostition. Kind of like a brain life support system.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

?? what is this?

what a nutjob

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Is there audio for this flim??

I dont hear any just wondering if thats the way its supose to be

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I'm sorry but does this have anything to do with this?

I get that all the time. Especially when I was doing drugs. I used to think it was some angel or god or something trying to get my attention but when I answered there was never a reply. Eventually I was diagnosed as psychotic and given pills. I take them all the time...heheh...it's like free drugs...but it doesn't stop it. Crazy eh?

From this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just wondering.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I would think it was entirely possible and these experiments probably paved the way for our current life support systems.

But i get a sense of propaganda in this near then end, because you naturally think well ok if dogs, then this is possible in humans, so maybe a good scare tactic used at the time which was 1940.

Freaky video any hows.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
That's pretty strange. I wasn't able to watch the whole thing but got glimpses of the video. My question, I wonder if this can someday be used for prostetics? I mean, like in Star Wars when Luke lost his hand and they attached a droid hand to him and he could use it like his normal hand. Just wondering out load really.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
I wonder if this can someday be used for prosthetics? I mean, like in Star Wars when Luke lost his hand and they attached a droid hand to him and he could use it like his normal hand. Just wondering out load really.

Well we have all heard about the face transplants, or partial and soon to take place, a full face transplant.

I think its possible, just as we improve our technology, we will be able to do more.
It just goes to show what was capable in 1940, and where we are today.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
That's pretty strange. I wasn't able to watch the whole thing but got glimpses of the video. My question, I wonder if this can someday be used for prostetics? I mean, like in Star Wars when Luke lost his hand and they attached a droid hand to him and he could use it like his normal hand. Just wondering out load really.

Maybe someday Ive seen some designs for implants that would go into people that were paralyzed because of spinal cord injuries and the implant would bridge the gap and between the broken pathways and compute the signals from the brain and send them to the rest of the body in real time. In the case of a missing limb it would operate a robotic limb.

They already have created robotic arms that monkeys control with connections to their brains. We still have alot of work to do but it could very well be possible in the future.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
seems .....1 percent plausible to me, but why would.

dogs head part kinda lost me, seems to much like futurama

an the bringing the dog back to life, didn they say it was just on anessia (sp)

otherwise would it have needed to have been in a chriogenics or something

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DalairTheGreat
seems .....1 percent plausible to me, but why would.

dogs head part kinda lost me, seems to much like futurama

an the bringing the dog back to life, didn they say it was just on anessia (sp)

otherwise would it have needed to have been in a chriogenics or something

They only kept him at flat liner for 10 mins.
Which is ok i would of thought.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join