It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US rejected Iranian overtures in 2003

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

www.jpost.com.../Page/FrontPage&cid=1123495333303

US rejected Iranian overtures in 2003

Jun. 18, 2006 14:11 | Updated Jun. 18, 2006 14:21

Officials in US President George W. Bush's administration turned down a 2003 Iranian offer to begin talks with the US, recognize Israel, and end support of Palestinian terror organizations, The Washington Post reported on Sunday.

The proposal, which arrived via fax along with a letter of authentication by a Swiss ambassador, was ignored. Reports have circulated in the past that Iran had extended its hand to the US, but the document itself was only recently obtained by the Post - reportedly from Iranian sources - and confirmed as genuine by both American and Iranian officials.

The lies and propaganda over Iran is slowly starting to break down and soon enough the truth will come out that Iran is not as violent, dangerous or fanatic as it's being painted by the warmongers.

This is great news as far as im concerned this has broken down the first propaganda wall which was that the Iranians hate America so much that they don;t want to negotiate with America.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
wow nobody has anything to say about this?

Everybody has been posting in other threads claimming Iran cannot be talked to becuase Iranians don;t want peace with America.

CX

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Wheres the article on that link iqonx?

Nice find anyway, i'll hold my thoughts on this until a few more sources emerge.

If it does happen to be true though, i won't say i'll be that suprised. People with "small man syndrome" can be suprisngly deaf when they want to be. Selective hearing i think they call it.

CX.

[edit on 22/6/06 by CX]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'm not sure what happened to the origanal link but here are some other links to the same story :

Link : Washington Post

Just after the lightning takeover of Baghdad by U.S. forces three years ago, an unusual two-page document spewed out of a fax machine at the Near East bureau of the State Department. It was a proposal from Iran for a broad dialogue with the United States, and the fax suggested everything was on the table -- including full cooperation on nuclear programs, acceptance of Israel and the termination of Iranian support for Palestinian militant groups.

But top Bush administration officials, convinced the Iranian government was on the verge of collapse, belittled the initiative. Instead, they formally complained to the Swiss ambassador who had sent the fax with a cover letter certifying it as a genuine proposal supported by key power centers in Iran, former administration officials said.

www.washingtonpost.com...

For the article stated in the first post :
JPost

Another Link :
ZAMAN Online

[edit on 22-6-2006 by iqonx]

[edit on 22-6-2006 by iqonx]

CX

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Thanks for those links.

Hmm it is strange that there are'nt more replies to this. I do believe that no matter how psychotic a leader may appear, if they look up and request to talk things over, it can only be a positive move that should never be passed up. Those chances missed very often turn round and bite you on the ass eventualy.

These are only my opinions though and i'm sure many will disagree with me. Then again, if nobody replies we'll never know shall we!

CX.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
"Parsi said the U.S. victory in Iraq frightened the Iranians because U.S. forces had routed in three weeks an army that Iran had failed to defeat during a bloody eight-year war"

I find this to be a LOAD OF CRAP!

The US did not do what Iran TRIED.

The US steam rolled over a rag trag group of soilders.

By no means what so ever did we fight against anything compared to the IRAN IRAQ war.

top topics

join