It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe Threatens no Visa for Americans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng

Originally posted by zerotolerance
There's alot of them we'd like to see leave our country......

Yeah, my F'n boss!

Only the Native American Indians should be there.
The rest are immigrants.
I agree. We should be hard on the yanks.
Don’t you remember when us made the air line give all are details,
Including credit cards.
And we all know haw good the government is at keeping data secret!
your government thinks its god.
when it is the devil.

Now I think on it Europe is just getting its own back!
P.S. I don't hate Americans,
I just think they are evil idiots.

[edit on 21/6/06 by caineunholy]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by rai76
Don't judge about other leaders and people if you
have enough problems with killing eachother in your own country .

Your 'logic' is contradictory.

First you claim that America didn't enter WWII soon enough.
Then you claim we went into Iraq too soon because we have
rape and murder here at home.

Newsflash ... there was rape and murder here when WWII was
going on. So it's a necessity that we ignore rape and murder
in America and go dashing to rescue White/Christian Europe
when it is in danger, but we have to make domestic crime
more important and ignore brown/muslim Iraqis who
are being mass murdered, eh?

Those are pure contradictions and bigotry.

By your thinking that we should ignore government sponsored
mass murder elsewhere simply because we have crime ... then
we should have ignored Hitler and let him continue on.

Which is it? We didn't get involved soon enough in WWII .. or
we shouldn't have gotten involved at all because we had crime
here? hmmmmm?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Flyersfan?? Don't you get it? Read my post 10 times please..

I did. Thank you for your comments.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
If you have it show it, if not we are just going to dismiss it as a wild clame.

Oh please. It's been all over the news. It's been all over this site.
The FACTs have already been listed. The UN absolutely corrupt.
If you choose not to accept those facts, then go ahead and keep
your head in the sand.
www.cato.org...
www.unwatch.com...
www.abcnews.go.com...
www.nysun.com...
www.commentarymagazine.com...
www.foxnews.com...
ensign.senate.gov...
www.foxnews.com... www.nationalreview.com... www.eriksvane.com... www.opinionjournal.com/ www.editorial... www.guardian.co.uk...

Syria- keepers of a UN Security Council Vote - Their own illegal
oil shipments are why the voted against liberating Iraq. CORRUPTION.
www.cbc.ca...

It's no where close to the masacre that is going on now.

Wrong.

bill clinton was one of the best presidents,

says you.

At the curent time the us is imposing sanctions on venesuela.

If we are it's NOT the same as taking them over.

[edit on 6/21/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Don't blame them. We're a threat to their national security. If everyone hates Americans and you have Americans in your country, you're the next target. I think it's kind of ironic that we get our feelings hurt when we're denied the ability to travel with our isolationist policy towards foriegners. Just businesss, though, I guess.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy
Europeans have never liked Americans very much.

If you read their newspapers, you will find that in Europeans culture there is a lot of anti-Americanism. The society mocks US very often.

Now European Ministers have threatened the US citizens with sanctions.

Americans may no longer be welcomed in Europe.

I think Russians are making them turn hard against the US.

You can't trust the Ruskies.

Cold war was never over.

Yup. It must be those pesky Russkies. It couldn't POSSIBLY be the arrogant, fascist attitude of the current administration invading countries at whim, doing away with other people's liberties, generally acting like a bully, destroying the global environment, and so on and so on.

It MUST be the Russkies.

What a load of nonsense.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

the UN is, is that THEY want world peace and have no interests in oil, or whatever.

The UN has no interests in anything except peace?

Oh gosh ... give me a minute to stop laughing.

Let's take Syria for a moment. Standing member of the UN Security Council.
www.state.gov...
State sponsor of terrorism. Thumbs their nose at the UN resolutions
and receives oil from Iraq even with UN sanctions in place.

Yeah .... the UN and it's representativs just want world peace.

Guess what .. the UN is made up of countries and each one has
it's own agenda and each person there had his/her own agenda.
Agendas to further what is best for his/her own country. It's full
of businessmen/women and politicians.

And mayb they are corrupt, I didn't see any proof of that, (and I don't care)

No 'maybe' about it. They are absolutely corrupt.
If you don't see the proof then you need glasses
because it's all around you, all the time, in the news.

You don't care? You don't care about the corruption?
You don't care that people DIE because of their corruption?
People die in massive numbers while the corrupt politicians
at the UN line their pockets with stolen billions. You don't
care that the UN looks the other way and ignores slavery and
war lords in Africa?

You don't care?
More contradictions.

[edit on 6/21/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
For the Record, Europe is the Cradle of American Culture. If it wasn't for Europe, America as we know it would not exist. We have been at Odds with them, and we have been allies with them. However, in an increasing global connectivity, we as good people should not hate our neighbors, we should embrace them for their contributions to art, sciences, society and history.

Isolationist thinking is no better than the entire U.S.A. Donning the white hoods of hate, and riding around at night lynching. This Immigration thing has pissed me off too. "Get out of Our Country?"

That is pure, and unrefined xenophoibia, Not to mention the antics we pulled to make it "our country."

My family on both sides emigrated in the first decade of the 1700's to Canada and The colonies of the Northern Americas now known as the U.S.A. I'm as American as it gets. We predate the founding of this country, and it was founded on Immigrants and the descendants of immigrants, and on the broken backs of Slaves. We are all mostly descended from the labors of these people, while I'm not proud of how it happened, I am proud to be a culturally aware American who enjoys the benefits of living in this Nation, and I love the rights we have to embrace our neighbor's, and our own people.

We as Americans are no better than anyone on this planet, we just have the burden that most industrialized and technological nations would have, decadence and a grandiose sense of self-importance.

Strip away our Technology, and superiority complex and what are we, A Nation of 260 million people who are no more "important" than anyone else.

-ADHD

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Don't judge about other leaders and people if you
have enough problems with killing eachother in your own country .

Your 'logic' is contradictory.

First you claim that America didn't enter WWII soon enough.
Then you claim we went into Iraq too soon because we have
rape and murder here at home.

I never said that! I said that America didn't wanted to enter WWII because they had no interest in it, although milions of people got already killed. It's shows you were realy concerned...not!

Than I said that you started the Iraqy war so soon because you had much more interest in that country cause it gives you power, oil etc etc. As well as in Afganistan.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Which is it? We didn't get involved soon enough in WWII .. or
we shouldn't have gotten involved at all because we had crime
here? hmmmmm?

And my point about the high crime rates is (which you didn't had but still have). that it is in my eyes hypocrit if you want to world to live according to the western standards, you don't even know how to solve your own problems. Cause in my eyes, you kill eachother out. And this should be an example for the countries you invade? You do it with such arrogance, that instead of welcoming you as the country that freed them, the country that invaded them and occupied them because they want more power so they can rule the world.

And you still didn't answer me about the fact that for years you provided Al Queda and who knows more with money and weapons and made them one of the ugliest enemies in the world.

And don't come with the bull .... that the UN is corrupt. Cause there is more than enough evidence that your country is even more corrupter and will do anything to maintain his power, with lieying, change truths, making evidence etc etc.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Most informed Euro's understand that the american public (at least the majority) does not support the policies of the present administration which was selected and not elected in a bloodless coup. The policies of this administration are at least as anti-American as they are anti-Euro. The policies foster the departure of our economy and wealth, the departure of social programs supporting the laboring class, the insane increase in military and related spending which depletes our treasure for no reason, the increase of the police state, the highest incarceration rate on the planet for reasons such as possession of a weed or driving while black, the erosion of civil rights and the right to vote, the glorification of violence in all spheres without acknowledgment of the cost or who bears it, and the devaluation of the species of humanity in favor of the wealth and security of the top 1% wealth holders.

Remember when France announced after 9-11 "WE'RE ALL AMERICAN NOW"?

Bush pissed that (worldwide) goodwill right down the drain with Neocon insanity. Europeans (broadly) don't hate Americans, they hate Bush and his pals and can't understand how Americans put up with them. Frankly, neither do I.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
When weaker countries have their backs against the wall or they need aid, who do they call?

Who has to police the world and keep nuts from developing WMD's which they would use at the drop of a hat?

Does China or Russia ever do anything for other countries?

So, Europeans think we need to slack off on our incoming travel restrictions? Does this also mean that they don’t care if we have another large terrorist incident as long as they are free to travel here in the manner they wish? Do you know how illogical it is that America would want to keep Europeans from spending money here?

If America minded its own business and didn't stick its nose into other countries affairs you can bet most of the world would be in udder chaos. You think it's not safe now? Imagine if America just let the leaders of some of these countries do whatever they wanted!

Nobody is perfect including America but thanks to The USA and GB and a small handful of others, at least aggressors are controlled, many GNP's are kept afloat and lots of starving people are being fed.

Our government makes lots of mistakes and I am not a fan of anyone that taxes the crap out of me but I am proud to be an American.

I am the first one to tell you that being a guest in another country is a privilege and everyone should do their very best to follow the customs, speak in the native tongue or try to and generally treat your host with respect. No matter where you go!

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

From the article
None of the countries that joined in 2004 can do so except Slovenia.

Yey, Slovenia.

But seriously now. This article is not about Europe against USA. It is trying to say that when America deals with EU it deals with all EU members. There is no room for division.

[edit on 21-6-2006 by yanchek]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
When weaker countries have their backs against the wall or they need aid, who do they call?

For example?

Who has to police the world and keep nuts from developing WMD's which they would use at the drop of a hat?

Like North Korea? Like Israel? The US is the only country to have ever used nukes against another people.

If America minded its own business and didn't stick its nose into other countries affairs you can bet most of the world would be in udder chaos. You think it's not safe now? Imagine if America just let the leaders of some of these countries do whatever they wanted!

You mean "utter" chaos unless you're referring to dairy cows rising up. Most of the chaos is blowback from our failed foreign interventions. See, e.g., the Shah of Iran and the militant religious backlash group that followed him headed by the Ayatollah; also see Augusto Pinochet, our puppet dictator who murdered many thousands; also see Argentina, which went belly up thanks to the dictates of the World Bank and economic "reform" which destituted that nation; reference also Salvador Allende, Chile's democratically elected president who was assasinated at our CIA's behest and a repressive dictator installed.

There are many, many examples of our failed foreign policies. Most of those policies are driven not by what weapons which madman possesses, but by whether the leaders of those nations cow-tow to our economic interests which mean allowing foreign corps to rape them of their resource and capital wealth in exchange for loans with exhorbitant interest rates which drive their economies into the toilet.

Nobody is perfect including America but thanks to The USA and GB and a small handful of others, at least aggressors are controlled, many GNP's are kept afloat and lots of starving people are being fed.

It is what they would have you believe.

Our government makes lots of mistakes and I am not a fan of anyone that taxes the crap out of me but I am proud to be an American.

That is sad to me. It shouldn't be about what nation you happened to be birthed in IMO. It should be about the greater good. America has forsaken that idealogy for one which exalts only money, power and control. It will be our undoing.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

You are kidding, right?

With all the threads floating around here by foreigners
saying that they hate America; hate our politics; hate
the administration; hate loud Americans; hate Americans
who are proud of our country; etc etc etc .... with all those
anti-Americans around here you are asking why AMERICANS
always speak of hate? Perhaps you should be looking
at all the non-Americans and THEIR hate. There is certainly
much more of that.

I do not remember any thread where non US citizens stated that they hated "America" and/or "Americans".

This may be caused by at least two reasons:
1. I never get to see those threads, this is a very big forum and I usually do not read threads about politics, where it is most probable that these hateful post appear.
2. I have no way of knowing if the poster is "American" or not, unless they say so in the mini-profile. Many people do not put anything that identifies their country, so I have no way of knowing if they are "foreigners" or "Americans".

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Americans, you have to realise that we criticise every government. We make snide remarks about almost every politician. We pick on anyone who makes decisions.

This doesnt exclude your government. We dont hate you, we just do to your govt what we do to our own and our govts only do what yours do to ours.

Chill.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I think the generation of Europeans that are "in charge" might have forgotten how much aid in the form of millitary and reconstruction the USA did after WWII.

Some don't. Especially the OLD and i mean OLD Frenchmen. They "remember" that if it wasn't for the "damned USA" they'd have not only lost the war--but be unable to rebuild Europe's infrastructre.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Yeah, but you forget none of that help was free, and that the US profited from it.

In fact the UK just finished paying for loans to re-build, all war material was paid for, cash-and-carry...

On 31 December, the UK will make a payment of about $83m (£45.5m) to the US and so discharge the last of its loans from World War II from its transatlantic ally.

news.bbc.co.uk...

It was a business deal like any other. America has a history of 'helping' by profiting from re-building after wars they were invovled in...

[edit on 21/6/2006 by ANOK]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   

my point about the high crime rates is (which you didn't had but still have). that it is in my eyes hypocrit if you want to world to live according to the western standards

That's not what you said before. You said that we have crime so we can't
go help others until our own crime was taken care of. That means we shouldn't
have helped Europe get rid of Hitler because we had plenty of our own crime
to deal with.

According to your thinking, your precious Bill Clinton never should have
liberated Kosovo from Slobo. No UN 'approval'. Plenty of US crime to
deal with. Slobo was a mass murdering brutal dictator. Guess he should
have been left in place to continue his spree, eh?

BTW - we didn't say that Iraq has to live by 'western standards'. The
point of liberation was to be rid of a brutal dictator that murdered hundreds
of thousands; who had state sponsored mass rape; and who claimed to have
and claimed to be going to use WMD.

that instead of welcoming you as the country that freed them,
the country that invaded them and occupied them because they want
more power so they can rule the world.

That's childish. Iraqis absolutely know that Americans liberated them.
The blogs from Iraq are very clear that they wish they could have been
rid of Saddam themselves, but that America did it and they are glad.
They wish the terrorist insurgents would stop so that we could go home
and that Iraq could govern itself. That's what America wants too.

'Rule the world'?? -
Yeah riiiiiiight. that's why we liberated
Kuwait and then gave Kuwait back to Kuwaitis ... oil fields and all.

you still didn't answer me about the fact that for years you provided Al Queda and who knows more with money and weapons

You still haven't provided any proof of this. None.

And don't come with the bull .... that the UN is corrupt.

It's not bull. It's a proven fact.

I gave FACTS. FACTS. FACTS about their incompetence. FACTS about
the Security Council being bought off. FACTS about votes being bought.
FACTS about Koffi Annan and his corruption. FACTS about Koffi Annan
covering for his son and his business contracts. FACTS about Syria
and it's illegal oil pipeline from Iraq - which the UN said shouldn't happen
and yet Syria (who is on the Security Council and Human Rights Commission)
did anyways. Some Human Rights watchdog they are ... taking money
straight out of the hands of the Iraqis and letting them die while Syria
gets rich. CORRUPTION!

The FACT is that the UN is corrupt. Corrupt to the core. A cess pool.
Full of filthy and corrupt politicians with their own agendas.

I provided just a few of the thousands and thousands of links with
PROOF of the corruption. Guess you'll just have to deal with that fact.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   

you started the Iraqy war so soon because you had much more interest in that country cause it gives you power, oil etc etc.

Bull.

www.veiled-chameleon.com...
Like I said - even Bill Clinton, champion of the left, understands
that Iraq wasn't about getting oil fields. And as I have previously
stated, if we wanted to keep oil fields for ourselves we would have
kept Kuwait 10 years ago when we liberated it. We didn't.

As well as in Afganistan.

Again - Bull. Here's a history lesson for you - The Taliban were in charge
of Afghanistan. They were protecting UBL and his terrorist camps. They
refused to hand UBL (who executed 9/11) over. We wouldn't have gone
into Afghanistan if they had handed him over. When they refused, we
went in, destroyed UBLs network (although he has evaded capture) and
kicked out the Taliban - which was their own fault.

9/11 was an act of war. UBL carried it out. The Taliban were protecting
and cooperating with UBL. They made themselves a legitimate war time
target.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join