It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ectoplasm in GA? pic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
My sister took this pic in Savannah, GA a couple weeks ago. Look carefully along the right side of the monument. Towards the top is a cloudy green mass. Toward the bottom you'll see another shape. In the back ground there are several lights spread across the entire visable horizon. They are differant colors which makes me think it's not a reflection and they are all the same shape like they were moving in unison. SHE thinks that sitting on the monument in the middle there is an apparition of a female with long hair, looking down to the right at a baby she is holding. I think it's the seal that is there but she insists this "apparition" is sitting in front of the seal- blocking it.

In a series of photos of the monument this is the only one out of focus and it's the only one with ?activity? too. So what i'd like to know is what do you think?

i6.tinypic.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Also here is the monument in the day light. You can see the seal I was talking about.

i6.tinypic.com...

Here is a thermal image of the "ghost" shot.

i5.tinypic.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If only the picture that was out of focus showed some "strange activity", then its obvious that this activity is caused by the movement of the camera. Especially those bright reflections with similar shapes are clearly caused by a split second movement while shooting.

The only odd thing i see in this pix is the green shape that appears to be under the top of the monument... the building in the background has also a greenish hue, so it might be some kind of reflection, not sure though.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I wanted to comment...
I absolutely LOVE you tag line! That is really something to try to remember everyday. I might just put it on my desk top with your permission.

Angela

jra

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
That green blurry thing on the side of the monument is that fancy building you see in the background in the day time photo. Here's the only pic I could find of it at night images.wctravel.com... as you can see it's lit up and has a green glow to it. I don't know what the building is called, but i'm sure if one were to do a google image search on it, one would find more night shots of it.

Those lights along the horizon are street lights and traffic lights. They are all the same shape because the camera was handheld (this is why you use a tripod in low light or at night) so any little movement durring a long exposure will do that.

I think you should tell your sister to get a tripod. Seriously. Taking photos at night handheld is going to make everything blurry and one will start seeing things that arn't really there or misinterpret them.

Oh and inversing the colour or applying photoshop filters doesn't make it a thermal image. There is no way to take a regular image and do that. You need a special thermal imaging system if you want to do that.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
AngelaLadyS, if you're speaking to me, of course you may!

Thanks you for your input jra, but if the green mass is the building why isn't the whole thing green? And there aren't traffic lights there or street lights in every (or any that I could see) wiggle streak of light. You can make out several lamp posts back there but none aline with the "phenomena".

If you look more closely at the top green mass, you can see that it seems to actually be under the monuments rim, very close to the picture taker.

I guess I know what to get my sis for X-mas, eh? Not that she's smart enough to use it.

I'm not at all convinced either way yet...

jra

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earlybird
Thanks you for your input jra, but if the green mass is the building why isn't the whole thing green?

I don't know. Why should it be all green though? Do you or anyone know the name of the building so we can google it.

And there aren't traffic lights there or street lights in every (or any that I could see) wiggle streak of light. You can make out several lamp posts back there but none aline with the "phenomena".

The two brighter ones are still blurred and streaking, but due to the size of the light, it's not as clear as the thinner smaller/further away lights.

If you look more closely at the top green mass, you can see that it seems to actually be under the monuments rim, very close to the picture taker.

It's all about perspective. The photographer is closer to the momument in the night photo, thus any tall buildings will appear "under" it. Plus with the blur it makes everything more fuzzy and objects blend together.

Ok I just whipped this up in photoshop.

Now the traffic lights I pointed out in both photos probably arn't the exact same ones. But still you can see that there is a traffic light there in the day time pic and they more than likely have a set of lights on either side of the street there.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Excellent. Now I'm convinced. Thank you jra. How'd you do that-point at things, thing?

jra

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
You're welcome. I used the line tool to point at things. If you have Photoshop, it's the button right below the Text tool. By default it might be rectangle tool, if so, than just click and hold on that button and several other choices should appear, one being the line tool. Hope that helps

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Ive been there..to that park and i think that is a monument that has to do with Oglethorpe, the founder of Savannah. I might be wrong on that but i can tell you that those areas of downtown Savannah are very haunted. I'm pretty sure that monument is a block or two over from River Street. It's either a monument for Oglethorpe or one for an indian chief...can't recall the name or tribe.
The building with the dome is city hall. Only thing i recall of it being green is on or around St. Patricks Day, when they light it up green. Maybe that will help.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by scorpius_magi]

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Im just wondering what you thought ectoplasm is?
Define: ectoplasm=A substance that emanates from a medium during a trance. It often appears as a mist-like or vapor substance. It can been seen moving, often faces and other forms can been seen in it.

laurelparanromal.tripod.com/id13.html

new topics

top topics

join