It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Magnitude of Human Suffering?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I believe it is enormous at times unless I am only singled out. My suffering seems to grow with age. There is hope!!! "If God causes you to suffer much, it is a sign that He has great designs for you, and that He certainly intends to make you a saint." St. Ignatius Loyola

The only time I am really happy is when the Holy Spirit rushes through, fills, and permeates my soul.

Pray that the Holy Spirit blesses me as I pray that the Holy Spirit blesses you.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
How do you know it's the holy spirit, and not just gas?

Personally, I love the feeling of a holy spirits,
especially this kind

And the magnitude is at least 85 proof.

[edit on 20-6-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
I believe it is enormous at times unless I am only singled out. My suffering seems to grow with age.

God would prefer you not think too much about suffering and would like you to maybe stop concentrating on yourself, because what is your suffering compared to being crucified or being hungry or being cut off from the everlasting light and love of the Lord is you were cast into the blackness of Hell and never to see or understand the goodness of Jesus and the Holy Spirit for eternity? Not much, I'll tell you that. And to go and proclaim how much you're suffering is like crying about how hungry you are as you sit at a huge table full of delicious food while there are people who don't even have a crumb and have to eat the leather off their shoes and will certainly die because they don't even have a Holy Spirit to fill them up, because God didn't create the world just to amuse you or make you happy and when you feel the cold or maybe feel a little old it's not because God wanted to you be unhappy but because you let yourself concentrate to much on yourself and your own life and maybe that turned into a kind of selfishness or hubris, as though you thought you somehow bought your way out of suffering because you were "good" or "holy" and maybe you feel a little resentful and mad at God for causing you the suffering and not giving you any reason, even though you pray and are good and follow the Commandments but I guess the joke was on you because you can't bargain with God with prayers because he has everything already planned out and just because his plans are a little "inconvenient" for you he doesn't care and suddenly your little aches and pains and your wishes are as important as God's? I don't think so!

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The magnitude of human suffering is revealed when you have a vision of the last Passover victim's offering--from the perspective of being the one who killed the lamb for the purpose of your own recompense. And then you mourn and weep and understand the crown of thorns.

Our own suffering, mine and yours, too--is nothing compared to this. We have not yet strived unto blood. Just be glad your Father loves you enough to allow you to learn these lessons once and for all, through the chastisement of a son rather than a bastard...

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

You have voted Enkidu for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

You said a mouthful in that one sentence.

[edit on 6/20/2006 by queenannie38]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Enkidu, I pray for Blessings for you from the Holy Spirit. And from the Holy Trinity.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Enkidu, I pray for Blessings for you from the Holy Spirit. And from the Holy Trinity.

I am engulfed by the blessings and the light of the Holy Spirit, and bask in the power and glory of God's everlasting mercy and forgiveness, for only with the Holy Spirit might I find the vast goodness and everlasting joy of the Lord in Heaven through the selfless sacrifice of his only Son, Jesus Christ.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Our magnitude of suffering coincides with the strength of the egos we have within of ignorance, hate, lust, pride and fear.

Since Allah is All Merciful, The Christ sends its Prophets and Bodhisattvas to show us how to eliminate the causes of suffering.

"As long as space remains, as long as sentient beings remain, until then, may I too remain and dispel the miseries of the world."

- Shantideva

The true meaning of "Grace".

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Human suffering is caused by desire. Therefore, it stands to reason that the value of suffering is directly proportional to the amount of desire one has. If one desires nothing, one cannot suffer when it is lost.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I think when you consider the size of the observable universe, well, the "magnitude of human suffering", however egocentric we may be, doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Implosion, I find your signature funny (with all empathy to your suffering). Sometimes I wonder if Life is either a partial Hell or complete Hell, based on thoughts we cannot control.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Sometimes I wonder if Life is either a partial Hell or complete Hell, based on thoughts we cannot control.

That's the key! When the thoughts are no longer something we are subject to but rather something we can harness and make work whatever 'magic' we might need--because we believe we can because HE can...

That is when hell dissipates....just like a mirage when your thirst has been fully quenched!!!

top topics

join