It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Biology 101

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I just had a scary thought..

There has been a lot of talk over several years about cow mutalations and medical experiments on abductees. It doesn't really make a lot of sense to me that advanced Aliens would need to repeat the same studies over and over, UNLESS...

Well we have our kids disect frogs and other things in our biology classes, and every year a new batch of frogs suffer the same fate by a new batch of students...

Perhaps this is Alien Biology 101 with the cow mutilations and Advanced Biology for the abductees. You fail the class if you don't return your subject alive?

Just a thought. I would be interested in your views on this

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hmm..An interesting thought, I don't know how much I could buy into it though. It seems to make sense, but then again...

[edit on 20-6-2006 by nyk537]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well I think the cow mutilations are done as both homosapiens and cows have similar blood makeup, so its probably done for analysis purposes.

If aliens do exist and they regularly visit, I'm sure its for a variety of purposes, including diplomacy, integration and education.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Interesting theory

I dont know about the "You fail the class if you don't return your subject alive" since most cows are not returned alive from what I can tell the very nature of it seems to be killing the animal in the process much like a frogs fate that is destined for a earth science lab disection.

A cow could be a very good introduction to earth biology. When you consider how many cows we humans slaughter I wouldnt see Aliens having a problem with using a few here and there for science.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I think that this is a very plausible theory. The aliens we see could be zoologists, scientists, and students. Think about people that devote their lives to studying ants or insects. The ants have seen humans, bit their feet, ate their scraps, and other wonderful things but they could never comprehend the magnititude of the human civilization and our advances. If some of these aliens are only studying us then we might not see disclosure for awhile. If you are participating in naturalistic observations of a species one of your main goals is to not be noticed. It's the entire point of 'naturally' observing something. I don't see why everyone has to assume that aliens have malevolent intentions.

Your example of frogs in biology class is great. What if aliens don't see us as intelligent life? Just because we think we're so great doesn't mean that we are. They could feel just as bad as we do when we disect frogs, which for me wasn't too bad. Hell, we could be in some small subclass of atomic life, or life that is bound by atomic structure. Or bound by time because we can't seem to get past it. Who knows. It's a very interesting topic.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Class... remember to get you paper signed by your mommy to let ou go on the Earth feild trip.

Sweet

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   

I dont know about the "You fail the class if you don't return your subject alive" since most cows are not returned alive

Ah but you missed that ... I compared the cows to the frogs. The "You fail the class if you don't return your subject alive" was in referance to the advanced class now using human abductees

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
They have the technology to reach this planet yet they cant clone us, give me a break.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
"They have the technology to reach this planet yet they cant clone us, give me a break."

I agree with the statement above cattle mutilations and abductions just are not really that plausable.

Think about it why travel all this way for cows when you could grow them in a lab likewise with human beings. It's not out there either that they could do this we are even capable of cloning and genetic engineering.

Aliens would see us as an intellegent species but still developing as we are still stuck in the nuclear age. We are not primative though we use primative tools and as such intellegent life in the universe is rare. It would be a great scientific oppourtunity to observe how a species such as us evolve and change.

I myself observed something that turned me from skeptic to beleiver in a matter of an hour. Though I do not beleive they have interfered with our planet I do beleive that we are being observed.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
"I myself observed something that turned me from skeptic to beleiver in a matter of an hour. Though I do not beleive they have interfered with our planet I do beleive that we are being observed."

And what exactly was it that led you to believe that?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Without going into detail I seen a UFO up close and personal. Actually from only feet away before passing out for an hour. I can't even begin to describe how incredible it was. I literally walked up to it!

Anyway I never seen aliens or anything like that so I can't say for sure especially without the proof to back it up. But I know what I saw was real because I was not the only one who saw it. I however was the only one with the balls to walk up underneath it to get a better view. I can say what I saw goes beyond current scientific knowledge however or at least that we know of. The way I figure it I never want to have an encounter like that again and if I see something I will view it at a distance. Things could have gone a lot worse like death for instance.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
How could it have resulted in death? Was the ship you saw doing anything to make you think the beings inside would be benevolent? I'm only curious, please don't think I'm doubting you becuase I'm not. Only asking.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeratul
They have the technology to reach this planet yet they cant clone us, give me a break.

How do you know they arent do that? They would still need to get human DNA samples to make clones which most abduction indicate is exactly what they do during abductions. Abductions could be mainly to get human DNA samples.

Think about it why travel all this way for cows when you could grow them in a lab likewise with human beings. It's not out there either that they could do this we are even capable of cloning and genetic engineering.

You cant just magical clone something you still need DNA samples. So some type of abduction would need to take place to get the samples. And if you want a decent understanding of earth life your going to need varied DNA samples not just a single sample.

For Cows it would seem a huge waste of resources to make clones for any other reason then a test "control" population. This is a animal we the self declared masters of earth slaughter in the millions each year to make hamburgers. Cloned cows on some alien space ship also wouldnt show any effects of earth life has on animals.

I wouldnt see any ethical advantage to using human clones, A cloned human is still a human no different from any of us. It would be the same as kidnapping a human to run test on. The only real use I could see for cloning humans to test would be to create a "control" population that could then be compared to humans living on earth with all our polution etc.. to see the difference.

I dont know if aliens would even have a need to clone they seem to be able to operate with impunity. It could be like human scientist cloning a tiger to study tigers in the wild a waste of resources because the Tiger is returned after it has been drugged and tested no worst for wear. If its not rare or important like lab rats then we dont even care if they live or not no need to clone species like that either.

[edit on 21-6-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
"You cant just magical clone something you still need DNA samples. So some type of abduction would need to take place to get the samples. And if you want a decent understanding of earth life your going to need varied DNA samples not just a single sample."

Since there is almost no variance at all on the genetic level from one human to the next they would need very few samples from us. Abductions for 40 years and as many people as there is saying they were abducted (mainly US) do not warrent collecting genetic material for cloning or study. They would have had all they needed from 1 or 2 abductions.

You assume because people look different, think different etc. that our genetic code variates more then it actually does when in actuall fact all humans share 99.8% of the same genetic code if not more.

Also givin their level of technoilogical advancement they probably could create DNA from one collected sample as well as engineer new genetic information.

Bottom line is if these abductions have been happening then they want more then genetic information. This is why I question abductions for the most part all together.

It's just not a logical conclusion that they would need 40 years to collect human DNA.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I dont care how much of the genetic code humans share your not going to get a good understanding of a population of 6 billion by studying a handful of samples. We share much of the basic genetic code with chimps 90 plus percent as well but your not going to get a good understanding of humans by studying chimps. Infact we are more alike then not with potatos we all share similar and identical genetic material.

However slight the genetic difference is between humans it still produces wide variations. They just found a risk taking gene for example that governers how much of a risk taker mice and people are. Does everyone have that gene? NO. Does everyone have genes that give them blue eyes, makes them 300lbs and 7FT tall, or makes you a psychotic killer? there is a huge variation since the differences in your genes make you you.

You assume aliens would even have a reason to clone. I dont see the reason at all they have a pool of 6 billion to choose from, total impunity thanks to their tech and seem to leave no permanent physical injuries to human test subjects.

Why waste time and resources on clones?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
double post

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Exactly, what need would they have for cloning us. I'm sure 6 billion is enough of a sample for any study.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
"I dont care how much of the genetic code humans share your not going to get a good understanding of a population of 6 billion by studying a handful of samples."

Yes you can we have even done this with our own genetic research with just a handfull of samples. You do not need 40 years to map and figure out what each gene does.

That would be foolish considering we will accomplish this within ten years from now.
I suggest that before you respond with an illogical post you do a little research and you will find what I say is truth. Humans do not vary almost at all with the exception of minor variations that are insignifigant enough not to really matter. Our own Earth based scientists realize this. I am sure an advanced alien race would also realize this as well.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor
Yes you can we have even done this with our own genetic research with just a handfull of samples. You do not need 40 years to map and figure out what each gene does.

That would be foolish considering we will accomplish this within ten years from now.
I suggest that before you respond with an illogical post you do a little research and you will find what I say is truth. Humans do not vary almost at all with the exception of minor variations that are insignifigant enough not to really matter. Our own Earth based scientists realize this. I am sure an advanced alien race would also realize this as well

oh your right we dont need 40 years we need much longer becuase we arent close to understanding what all the genes do yet. I would love to see where you came up with that we will know what all the genes exactly do in the human body in the next ten years.

You may consider the variation between Einstien and a Mental retard insignifigant but I disargee and consider them very important. From your "logical" way of thinking since Chimps and Humans have only a insignifigant difference only a few percent on the genetic level studying a handful of chimps should tell you everything about humans. Yet that few percent makes a huge difference - landing a man on the moon compared to using a twigs to eat termites

You still havent produced any good reasons why any aliens would create clones to study. Not any ethical, time, scientfic or resource benefits as to why they would do such a thing.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

You still havent produced any good reasons why any aliens would create clones to study. Not any ethical, time, scientfic or resource benefits as to why they would do such a thing.

I do not know what the Aliens have for a monetary system, but Genetic science and cloning here on earth are very expensive. Why spend the money if genetic material is readily available on the planet you are visiting anyway? I doubt very much we will spend the time and money to clone those frogs for our biology classes.

Besides while clones from a lab on a distant planet may be useful for basics, but they would not be from the natural habitat.

But all this presumes that an Alien species has the same thought pattern as us regarding biological studies. They may have a different purpose all together

[edit on 21-6-2006 by zorgon]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join