It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teleportation already possible??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I thought that I would drop this link in here to see if it garners any discussion.

Basically the summary of it is that a physicist named Eric Davis was interviewed by the infamous George Knapp and an engineer, Marshal Barnes, is giving him the riot act for what he believes is a shoddy report done for the USAF and for releasing over the net information that he thinks will compromise our national security regarding the advancements made in teleportation. The article is a good one IMHO, with numerous links referencing pertinent material, including the PDF format of the apparently (possibly) erroneously declassified report that Davis did for the USAF.

The link above is to an article by Tami Mills of INNEWSWIRES.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Teleportation has been accomplished but only on the most basic level using quantum teleportation. This involves destroying one photon and re-creating it.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Anyone else read that PDF?

Some of it seemed legit... some of it seemed too obviously written by someone 'on the outside' trying to make it look as though he actually works for these people.

... some of it was drawn in crayon.

I'm going to be skeptical about the report. Some of the math just doesnt go anywhere, he delcares variables in some of his math, but never actually uses them... could be the old "If I throw in a bunch of numbers, everybody will think they mean something, but never actually read them".

At other times his math, really doesnt mean anything at all. Great, so you placed this huge equation on your PDF, solved it... and it doesnt relate one bit to what you were talking about.

... and some of it was drawn in crayon!

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Um, they gave Davis a phase I unsolicited SBIR funding to see what he had.

USAF has this big hairy involvement in uninterceptable communications. Some of it involves quantum entanglement. I suspect Davis hit enough buzz words that they ante'd up 25K (chicken feed) to see what he was yammering about.

If it had been something they didn't want out, they occasionally have an NDA tied to the check, if he'd had anything they'd have used it to keep his little mouf shut.

On the other hand, every technically detailed "this ain't no shiat" story I've ever heard on the defense contractor circuit involving teleportation tracks back to one USAF base in Florida. Not that I believe it.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I have "tried" to read most of the PDF and must admit that either his formula is gibberish or he is way over my head. Bah! Even if it was gibberish it would be over my head.

Your point, Johnsky, is the exact same point Barnes is trying to make regarding the validity of the science presented in the report by Davis. It appears to him to be a mish-mash of solid science and supposition with bad math. I think that the next step is to try and find some info that would validate Barnes as being an intellectual superior to Davis regarding this venue of research.

Anybody at ATS familiar with exotic quantum formulae and progressive relativity sciences? Bring them on in to peek at it if you know someone. I am going to research Barnes' and Davis' background if one officially exists. Barnes argument come across to me as justified if the report is bogus or mostly bogus and he emotes as someone who is beyond flabbergasted and PO'd.

Can anyone verify that the PDF is truly an official document style for the USAF?
Looks real to me but I'm no expert.

new topics

top topics

join