It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survivor:Pearl Islands

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Haha! Burton goes bye bye!!! and Jon is next!

Woo hoo!!!

Go Sandra, Go Sandra!!!

It pretty much looked like Jon had it sewn up after Rupert got the boot (
), but at least the women finally got their damned wits about them.... Neither Jon nor Burton should have gotten that far anyways...

Only think that will mess it up is if Jon gets immunity (unlikely at best...but could happen)...

I'm guessing Sandra and Dara as the final two, with Sandra going all the way!!!

Why do you like Sandra so much. She is my least favourite person on the whole show. I have hated her from the start. Todays Challenge was totally unfair. Dara could fit her hand right down the tube, what a crock.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I think lil will be the next to go. Jon is going to think of something. Jon may tell lil stick with me and you are in the final two with me. I am sure lil would believe him.

Sandra is a big bitch. I can not believe she wanted to sabatoge the camp. She threw fish on the ground already.

I hope jon wins. I knew by the second episode jon would be in the final 4.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'm not big on Jon for the grandma bit... There's low, and then there's low... I actually called that the second he played it, and my fiance' was like "no...he wouldn't", and I said "bet me.." and sure enough....

The only thing that may save Jon, is that anyone would feel fine going to the final two with him (because nobody will vote for his ass to win, hehe....)

Why do you like Sandra so much

Because I'm still bitter about Rupert....and Sandra is like Rupert poking his finger in the eyes of all who are left. I had a hard time even finding one of them to root for, as all the ones left are so frickin' stupid. They let Jon lead them around by the nose, and can't see through his fakery, even when he's doing it to their face (yes, I know we see more, but it's obvious in scenes they are all together too). The fact that two of the 5 were "bring backs" (don't even get me started on that injustice)...really destroys the idea of the game (Outwit, Outplay, Outlast), as they did neither....they were voted out before.

At least the gals finally came to their senses last night, and decided that they could be the final 3. I actually think Dara will win it...when it comes down to the vote...(now that I think about the jury)

While I admire the fact that Jon has played well (makes Richard look like a nice guy)....the fact is, he was simply matched against a bunch of idiots...and since he got rid of my favorite...I want to see him gone, hehe...

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I stopped watching it as closely as before once Rupert got voted out. He made the show fun. Now, its just these 4 losers. Well, I do like the Spanish girl tho. I hope she wins.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid

Woo hoo!!!

Go Sandra, Go Sandra!!!

), but at least the women finally got their damned wits about them.... Neither Jon nor Burton should have gotten that far anyways...

Only think that will mess it up is if Jon gets immunity (unlikely at best...but could happen)...

Why do you like Sandra so much. She is my least favourite person on the whole show. I have hated her from the start. Todays Challenge was totally unfair. Dara could fit her hand right down the tube, what a crock.

shutup Idiotta!! every person is entitled to pick out at least one member...gazrok did.
so much for your oppinion...quit forcing it down other people's throats.
who are you to say the challenge was unfair?
might not have deserved it as much, but at least it's over!!
and another thing..."crock"? funny how you seem to stick with these terms: Noun1:make soiled, filthy, or dirty; "don't soil your clothes when you play outside!"

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by Cyrus]

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Dude, it's just a show...
You're getting more upset than I did hehe....

Nah, we all have who we are rooting for, and I can see why someone would be puzzled with the choice of Sandra (wow, Colonel and I rooting for the same one again...go figure...). That's why I explained it... I'm rather amused at the idea of sabatage...and I'm frankly surprised that nobody did it sooner....

I can also see where someone might shout "unfair" on the challenge, but then again, there were many aspects to that challenge, where she might have been outmatched by the guys... Each contestant has their strengths and weaknesses... She won fair and square...they lost.

BTW, Burton was an absolute idiot for taking Jon along...I would have NEVER left those 3 gals there without Jon to keep them from uniting...what an idiot!!!???

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus

Woo hoo!!!

Go Sandra, Go Sandra!!!

shutup Idiotta!! every person is entitled to pick out at least one member...gazrok did.
and another thing..."crock"? funny how you seem to stick with these terms: Noun1:make soiled, filthy, or dirty; "don't soil your clothes when you play outside!"

Cyrus, do not respond to any of my posts ever again, you are an asshole. I asked Gazrok a question regarding his opinion and stated mine. I will say to you again that this is a discussion board. I was giving my opinion. I was not forcing anything down anybody's throat.

]

[Edited on 13-12-2003 by greenkoolaid]

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus

And as for you questioning my English, you are just making yourself look stupid. Perhaps you have heard of the term slang. Go to www.dictionary.com and look up crock.

crock1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (krk)
n.

An earthenware vessel.
A broken piece of earthenware.
Slang. Foolish talk; nonsense: That story is just a crock

But go ahead and attack my posts, you just make yourself look stupid.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
So what did you think about my reasons?

I still think Dara will win it....but I'm rooting for Sandra....

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think it is true that the guys underestimated the girls. They totally played it up that way in editing too. They kept showing Jon and Burton saying that the guys were playing the girls and the girls weren't smart enough to get anything going. Basically Lil changed sides. It doesn't really matter, the best she could hope for either way is third unless she gets immunity.

Basically I am rooting for Jonny Foreplay. He needs to win immunity to have a chance. I can't wait to see what happens when everyone finds out about his gramma not dying.

It all goes down tonight so we will see what happens.

I have said all along I couldn't stand Sandra. I hope Dara wins over her.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Sorry guys...I kind of lost hope for the show when Rupert was voted off. I'm still hoping they pull a lets-re-introduce-a-booted-off-member thing like earlier in the show. Johnny Fairplay is an ass. Not just as a member of the show, he's a rotten excuse for a human being. I'm going to apply for next show. (After the reunion show, probably)

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Down to 2. Lil decides to go up against Sandra in the final 2 rather than Johnny Fairplay. This could be a critical mistake. She said she was going to pick the one she had the best chance against. I would have thought this was Johnny. Oh well. It will all go down in a few minutes.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Well, my girl, Sandra won. I'm happy about that. I hate Johm and Olsten. Rupert was a good guy til the very end. Alls well that ends well. Looking forward to the reunion show in February.

And people stop yelling! I swear, its just a TV show. It ain't like politics!:shk:

[Edited on 14-12-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Well, I never liked Sandra, but she definitely deserved it more than Lil. I really wanted Burton to win. But noone I want to win ever wins these things.

Back to Reality...Go Kansas City Chiefs

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Its a pity rupert was kicked.
He was the best so far.
If thiers anyone on that show I would want to be on that island with, its him...and hes so sexy

Deep

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I just didn't want anyone who had been previously voted off, to win. I think that bringing them back really cheapened the game, and I hope they don't go there again.

Lil was certainly an idiot to go against Sandra vs. Jon...but I feel she feared Jon's ability in the Q&A session (rightly so, as she answered poorly to every question of the jurors), more than Sandra's friends.

Congrats to my girl!!!

I'm pretty hyped over the next one, Survivor Allstars, where they take a group of past players...(I think past winners are exempt)

I want to see:

Jerri, Rupert, Mike (the guy who fell in the fire) and Susan at least, though I'm sure I could come up with others.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Survivor allstars? OMG. In addition to the various manipulations the show producers throw in, this could get really nasty.

Almost every reality show involving competitions is screwed around with to manipulate who wins.

Look at the recent airing of "Average Joe". An average joe did not win because the show's producers dickered with the outcome by incorporating a "hot" dude in the middle of the show as a "twist". The "hot" dude won.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
About the reunion...I had the greatest idea ever !!!
Wouldn't it be soooo cool if Jeff (the host) was actually one of the contestants !?!? Think about the ratings it would pull in. They could have Richard (the first winner), do the announcing part. I know they would never do it, but still I think it would make a nice show.

Oh well, just my 2 handheld, copper-coated, zinc alloy, dead president embossed, unit of minted coinage.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Questor they put some hot guys into average joe to see if malena was really interested in looks or personality. I think malena and jason were still on the sex part of the relationship. Adam was past that stage and malena was not at the same stage he was at. I truly think malena went with her heart.

I hope richard hatch is on survivor all-stars. They need to have his two bitchy alliance mates kathy and jenna i think their names were. Johny fairplay is a must have. He is one of my favorite survivor contests there have been in the US version of survivor. He is not my favorite because he did not win or make it to the final 2. I liked rob from last season but wish he would have made it to the final 2.

I dont think either Rob or Jony fairplay deserved to be in the final 2. If they had a good enough strategy that would get them to the final 2 then they deserve it. I remeber last years survivor final 2 thought Rob deserved to be in the final 2 because of the great game he played. Well he didnt because his strategy was not good enough.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Check this out!

Online bookmaker suspicious of betting

Monday, December 15, 2003 Posted: 3:03 PM EST (2003 GMT)

NEW YORK (AP) -- "Survivor" may have a security problem.

Before the first episode was even televised this season, more than 15 people from the Vancouver, British Columbia, area placed bets with an offshore bookie on contestant Sandra Diaz-Twine.

On Sunday night, Diaz-Twine was revealed as the winner during the show's season finale on CBS.

Suspicious that people were trying to profit from inside information, the Antigua-based bookmaker, BetWWTS.com, shut down "Survivor" betting back September. The company still paid out $40,000 on Monday -- from less than $5,000 in wagers -- to people who had gotten their bets in before it was stopped, said Simon Noble, the company's CEO.

www.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join