It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi replacement: Killed....already. Next!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Can you guys be any more creative in telling each other to $%% off, without literally saying it?

If the story is true, it's good news. Anyone that has gone over the edge with the statements of enjoying slaughtering people and cutting their heads off has lost their humanity. Now they can go fight their battle in the spiritual realm where they can't kill those that don't agree with them...good luck you've accomplished nothing.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Who knows how much operational authority this guy had, probably very little.

But you know what? that doesn't change the fact that another one of Zarq's band is gone, and hopefully this does more psychological good for the Iraqi people.

Oh and the bickering going on in this thread makes both sides appear extremely childish, just thought you all should know that.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Looks like the Wonderful news about Zarqawi and now this other "Super-Terrorist" assassinations practicly Cover-up all that "anti-war-sentiment", which the Haditha Massacre envoked. But I guess people aready forgot about that.

Hadi-what??? That's old news and doesn't matter. We "supposedly" killed us a bad guy! Go team!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Come on, you should know this site by now. Reporting ANYTHING good in which the U.S. is involved is out of the question!
You will be accused of being a "sheeple" or rabid Bush lover.
Any good thing that happens and has been confirmed by mulitple sources and even by the terrorists themselves will be questioned and looked on with skepticism, while obvious false reports (like Bush trying to arrest Blair lol) will be seen as gospel and researched as such.

You know its funny, I dont even like Bush, I never voted for him and I never supported going into Iraq this time around. But to hear from some of these guys, youd think I was Dubya.

And a note on the topic: Many have been named as supposed/possible replacements for Zarqawi from multiple sources. This is just one, and I hope they kill them all.

The insurgency is on its heels, and it shows.

[edit on 20-6-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Mansour Suleiman Mansour Khalifi al-Mashhadani, or Sheik Mansour

That WAS the guys name.

Here is another source to the story.

Sheik Mansour

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
now see were still not getting it it doesn't matter which face of saddam bin laden you kill until you kill him you she still lives. now let's get murder straight identify the civilians so you can move them before nuking the evil bastards.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Critic
now see were still not getting it it doesn't matter which face of saddam bin laden you kill until you kill him you she still lives. now let's get murder straight identify the civilians so you can move them before nuking the evil bastards.

Bingo,

But that doesnt mean you dont need to get the other guys either. Like cockroaches, if you have one you have a thousand. But in the end they all need to go.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Did the complaning stop

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20-6-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
ok so if he is dead can we get osama now...seriously

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20-6-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I just heard that they had this clown under arrest in 2004 and let him go because they underestimated his value. Makes me wonder how many more there are out there like him? I posted that mock letter earlier as a joke, but it is pretty much what needs to happen. As soon as they get a new leader, kill him, pretty soon no one will want to be in charge.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I will wait some more time on the source for more confirmation.

It seems a soldier type person who posts likes to shoot down other peoples links, but when there are many questionable links coming from the soldier type poster those are always good? Seems hyprocritcal to shoot down immidiately.
And know everything on how the world is run.

[edit on 20-6-2006 by sbob]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbob
I will wait some more time on the source for more confirmation.

It seems a soldier type person who posts likes to shoot down other peoples links, but when there are many questionable links coming from the soldier type poster those are always good? Seems hyprocritcal to shoot down immidiately.
And know everything on how the world is run.

[edit on 20-6-2006 by sbob]

The mainstream media is confirming this now.
Yahoo News

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Let's trust Faux News and ofcourse good ol' Uncle Jimbo!

Souljah Bad!

Jimbo Good!

Damn, I hit Edit instead of Quote. Haven't done that in about a year and a half. Must be the new board.

[edit on 20-6-2006 by intrepid]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Oh yeah!

I forgot!

Souljah Bad!

Jimbo Good!

I posted Associated Press. Or isn't that good enough anymore? I tried Al Jazzera but they didn't have it up yet.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Souljah Bad!

Jimbo Good!

Damn, I hit Edit instead of Quote. Haven't done that in about a year and a half. Must be the new board.

[edit on 20-6-2006 by intrepid]

Anyways, I didn't see Fox news mentioned, I hope you saw my LAST post.

If I missed the Fox news reference, apologies.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Souljah Bad!

Jimbo Good!

[steps up onto soapbox]
This is truly sad. Look, I know I'm new here and maybe shouldn't be "taking on" an obviously active and long term poster such as Soujah, but seriously...SAD. I see posts from you on loads of threads. If the thread is pro-America, you post little smart alecky comments like this and shoot down the news as false or from a bad source. When the post is anti-America, you write these page long nonsensical monologues about the evil, corrupt (insert a dozen other anti-USA words in here) USA ans how it is destroying the world.

Assuming you're not a teenager, how about acting your age and judging things on their merits instead of basing your entire outlook on hatred of the USA.

[falls as soapbox is kicked out from under him by a random anti-USA poster]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
??

perhaps youse guys & gals are in another parallel universe...

its been all over the Arab sources internet,
the new, AQ in Iraq leader, Egyptian, Abu Ayyub al-Masri
i don't know who you all are talking about with those other names
mentioned in the reply posts

Abu Ayyub al-Masri,left a statement signature killing in his first 'AQ in Iraq' leadership operation;

the 2 GIs, which were abducted have been found
and their bodies were described as being 'desecrated'
which might mean tortured, maybe decapitated,
but definitely not just shot-in-the-skull execution style.

in no source or article or report was the AQ-in-Iraq leader been claimed to have been
wounded or killed, shot, or bombed to death...

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Some quotes from the AP article I find interesting –

"Coalition forces had to carefully maneuver their way through numerous improvised explosive devices leading up to and around the site," the military said in a statement. "Insurgents attempting to inflict additional casualties had placed IEDs around the bodies."

The daily risks our troops face must be overwhelming. While dealing with the trauma of a” desecrated” body they have to also cope with a never-ending maze of booby traps. If any of you are reading this – Thank You. Most of us stand in awe of your daily sacrifices no amount of thanks can ever express our appreciation.

Caldwell said the remains were believed to be those of Pfc. Kristian Menchaca, 23, of Houston, and Pfc. Thomas L. Tucker, 25, of Madras, Ore.

My thanks also to the families who have paid the ultimate price. Your lost loved ones are true hero's.

In the bombing of the home for the elderly, an 18-year-old Sunni wearing an explosives belt blew himself up as senior citizens were lined up to collect monthly pensions. Two elderly women were killed and three people were wounded.

Never forget that this is the true face of the enemy. Sending your child to blow up elderly who are just trying to pick up there checks to survive is the insane mindset we are fighting. Anyone defending these actions is insane and should be treated as such.

It does not matter whether this person was "the" Al-Qaida leader or not. He was one of them sending their own children to their deaths to blow up their own people. They are pure evil. Anyone defending their actions bears the same level of guilt and responsibility.

Anyone wanting to withdraw and leave the innocent citizens to face this on their own are also guilty of supporting these sick twisted people. You are the true racists. You are clearly comfortable with taking an action that will lead to countless deaths of innocent people. Sit at home and spew your hatred and promote anarchy. It’s what you do best. Leave the difficult things in life to the good people of this world to do for you so you can sit on your backsides and spew hatred without worrying about someone kicking in your door.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
There were many comments and speculations about what effect the death of Zarquawi would have on both the insurgency in general, and on his specific orginisation. Much of it centered on there always being a willing voulunteer to replace anyone who is killed.

In a way, this report is even more encourageing, given the traditionally accepted model of terrorist orginisations operating in multiple isolated cells to contain any damage from discovery or betrayal. It's more encouraging because the more of the senior leadership that is eliminated, the more isolated and ineffective those additional cells become. Eventually, all that is left is the various operational and supporting cells, but like a badly dismembered frog, thier individual twitching no longer serves any distinct purpose.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
OK, what with all the side bar elements and all, I'm a bit confused......from one of the articles linked above.....

The spokesman said Mansour was linked to the senior leadership, including Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who was killed in a June 7 U.S. airstrike, and Abu Ayyub al-Masri, the man the U.S. military has identified as Zarqawi's replacement.

Now I read this as:
The NEXT guy to fill Zarqawi's shoes is Abu Ayyub al-Masri....
The guy who was killed was Mansour....
Abu Ayyub al-Masri is still alive??

On this evening's news (CNN) I understood them to say that the 'new guy' was personally responsible for the two soldiers' deaths.....as in by his own hand. Anyone else catch that?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join