It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi replacement: Killed....already. Next!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Again, this is a thread about the possible demise of Sheikh Mansur, not Haditha.
Please stay on topic, and post your Haditha comments in the appropriate thread.

Do NOT derail this thread. Continued off topic remarks will not be acted upon.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
The bottom line is that Sheikh Mansur, regardless of the source or their editorial perspective, has been reported as being killed.

He last about what? A week?

Next!!!

To: Akmhed Raghead

It has come to our attention that you are in line to become head of the AlQuida forces in Iraq. This letter is to inform you that we are cancelling your life insurance effective immediately.

Sincerely,
Osama Yo Mamma

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

he bottom line is that Sheikh Mansur, regardless of the source or their editorial perspective, has been reported as being killed.

He last about what? A week?

Your point? I don't think you have one. It's good to know that the leader of a particular faction of guerillas has been dealt with, but given the relative insignificance of Zarqawi's operation in Iraq, this news will appeal as important only to unsophisticated individuals. Knock yourself out.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
Your point? I don't think you have one. It's good to know that the leader of a particular faction of guerillas has been dealt with, but given the relative insignificance of Zarqawi's operation in Iraq, this news will appeal as important only to unsophisticated individuals. Knock yourself out.

That’s a personal attack in the form of a direct insult, a violation of the TOS. I have reported it as such.

Your consistency is awe inspiring.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

That’s a personal attack in the form of a direct insult, a violation of the TOS. I have reported it as such.

Since when calling somebody unsophisticated is an insult? It's not a bad word, besides it's used quite appropriately in this context. As a side benefit, it might give you an idea of how you are preceived on this board by many.

Your consistency is awe inspiring.

Oh, it's nothing compared to the gallons of anti-Arab vitriol you are consistently speweing here every day of the week.

[edit on 20-6-2006 by Aelita]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
Oh, it's nothing compared to the gallons of anti-Arab vitriol you are consistently speweing here every day of the week.

I am not anti Arab, I am anti terrorist, and it’s interesting that you assume they are the same thing...

And it’s not up to you to decide what I find insulting, and calling somebody unsophisticated is an insult.

Maybe you should spend some time on the topic? Maybe even a moment, give that a shot champ would ya?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

And it’s not up to you to decide what I find insulting, and calling somebody unsophisticated is an insult.

But wait, you invoked the TOS which is a community document and does not mimic your own perception of what insult it. If you find insulting that your views are considered unsophisticated by some members of the board, then -- I offer my sympathy because your self-esteem seems to be in trouble.

It's funny that you took your time to report me to moderators for using a polite and sophisticated term for expressing my disagreement with you and its roots, which is stating that you are not a sophisticated individual, in my humble opinion.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
What the heck?

Is there a problem with reporting the death of an enemy of the United States, and the Iraqi people?

Sometimes, this place gets really weird.
Skippy took the time to give us a report, on the death, by military action, of an enemy.
And somehow Skippy becomes the bad guy?
I don't get it.
Maybe I am unsophisticated?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I just have one Problem;

Wasn't the New Al-CIA-da Terrorist named Abu Hamza al-Muhajir?

According to History books, Sheikh Mansur was a Chechen shepard, who lead the Chechens against Catherine the Great's imperialist expansion into the Caucasus during the 18th century.

Get your "Terrorist Manual" organized skipp-O!

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I doubt we killed an already dead Shepherd.
Did they retire his name? Like an NFL player's numbered Jersey?
Was he THAT good of a Shepherd?

Or, is it possible that ANOTHER person used that name? Maybe huh?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Perhaps this thread should be called "Bickering Old Women at the Supermarket". Why is it, and I ask this honestly, that whenever Skippy posts an article, people get very angry? People get angry, then there is name calling and then it always turns into a discussion about someone being racist.

This is a really anoying pattern because I see no positve debate occuring in this type of forum.

I hope they got Mansur, I am glad they got Zarqawi and I don't think that ANYONE can disagree with that on ATS. But why does the news have to be delivered like this???

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Truthwithin.

Interesting analogy there. Bickering old women.

Another analogy would be stirring up the bees nest.
You know, go in, stir up some trouble, and get the people to fight amongst themselves.
Not unlike the INSURGENCY in IRAQ.

Perhaps, yet another analogy, would be:
VERBAL INSURGENCY, that may be what is going on here.
The ATS Verbal insurgency.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I am the one stirring the pot? I think the pot may already be stirred. I was just comenting that most of the forums around here start with someone finding a news article and commenting on it so as to engage a discussion on the topic. With Skippy, or so it is my belief, it seems like there is always a greater political agenda in the posts.

In this case, the article was presented as if saying "You see, we are kickin' butt over there and all of you Jihad lovers can shut up now". That is what I am commenting on.

I love the fact that these guys are getting picked off or captured. They are destroying Iraq and killing soldiers. I have yet to see someone disagree that this is a good thing. What is questionable are the sources and the attitude in which these sources are brought to the form.

Last I checked, I wasnt an ATS insurgent...

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Let's keep the discussion confined to on topic posts.\

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
www.signonsandiego.com...

The man killed was Zarqawi's supposed right hand man. Seems that this little operation is also tied into the 2 missing soldiers that were found dead.

The more of these men that are killed, the better for the people of Iraq. This should be common knowledge. As far as killing them while attempting to escape, are some of you trying to state that it violates the rules of warfare if they are 'running away' to lay waste to them?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
LOL,

No, I am not referring to you!
Not at all.

I was complimenting your analogy.

Just some others who make bad news a headline, and who make good news into something bad as well.
Twisters of the thruth!

now on topic.

I'm starting to hear a bit on both news channels that support the story.
ALthough none have put anything on their websites..

[edit on 20-6-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Is questioning a source or motive of the topic not staying on the topic?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Interesting analogy there. Bickering old women.

Careful here! Who knows, maybe Skippy will also consider it a personal inslut when you liken him to an old woman. You can just get reported to the ATS moderators for violating the TOS! Skippy is perfectly capable of that.

You know, go in, stir up some trouble, and get the people to fight amongst themselves. Not unlike the INSURGENCY in IRAQ.

Oh my. By the way I think you got the semantics wrong, or maybe you don't know what "insurgency" means. Too much Faux News...

Perhaps, yet another analogy, would be:
VERBAL INSURGENCY, that may be what is going on here.
The ATS Verbal insurgency.

Ditto.... Very unsophisticated...

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
What the heck?

Is there a problem with reporting the death of an enemy of the United States, and the Iraqi people?

Sometimes, this place gets really weird.
Skippy took the time to give us a report, on the death, by military action, of an enemy.
And somehow Skippy becomes the bad guy?
I don't get it.
Maybe I am unsophisticated?

Come on, you should know this site by now. Reporting ANYTHING good in which the U.S. is involved is out of the question!
You will be accused of being a "sheeple" or rabid Bush lover.
Any good thing that happens and has been confirmed by mulitple sources and even by the terrorists themselves will be questioned and looked on with skepticism, while obvious false reports (like Bush trying to arrest Blair lol) will be seen as gospel and researched as such.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
OK, that's enough. I'm assuming that everyone just missed Mirthful Me and DTOM's post. Discuss the topic, no further verbal warnings.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join