It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi replacement: Killed....already. Next!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
They line’em up, we knock‘em down!

Main news hasn’t picked this up yet, this is HOT.

BlackFive is reporting this via buddies on the CC of Centcoms news feed. HOT STUFF!

CENTCOM announced minutes ago that one of the men expected to take the place of the now-room temperature Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has also reached thermal equilibrium near Baghdad. The spokesman for the military briefed reporters on the death of Sheikh Mansur, displaying before and after mug shots of the dead terrorist and explained his significance to the insurgent network in Iraq. So far, none of the wire services have picked up the story; I will fill in the details as they become available.

BAGHDAD, Iraq – Coalition forces detained a senior al-Qaida in Iraq network member and three suspected terrorists during coordinated raids southwest of Baqouba June 19.

The terrorist is reportedly a senior al-Qaida cell leader throughout central Iraq , north of Baghdad . He's known to be involved in facilitating foreign terrorists throughout central Iraq , and is suspected of having ties to previous attacks on Coalition and Iraqi forces

Go good guys!!

[edit on 20-6-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I think I'll wait for a source that doesn't use this type of reporting:

"CENTCOM announced minutes ago that one of the men expected to take the place of the now-room temperature Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has also reached thermal equilibrium near Baghdad."

:shk:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
You know,
I saw his name on the crawler, on Fox, just a few minutes ago, saying he was "blasted"
by something. At the time, it didn't trigger who he was.
Was he verbally blasted? or the other kind of blasted? I dunno.
I think I'll go get some coffee and check it out..

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I think I'll wait for a source that doesn't use this type of reporting:

"CENTCOM announced minutes ago that one of the men expected to take the place of the now-room temperature Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has also reached thermal equilibrium near Baghdad."

:shk:

Allthough I cannot dissagree with your scepticism Intrepid, Blackfive is the worlds premire miliblog and has deep ties within current active military sources. So bias yes, but they only report on real news. So I believe it.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
So bias yes, but they only report on real news. So I believe it.

Yeah Man!

I bet Uncle Jimbo is Far faster and better in reporting the REAL News then any other Independant news agency!

Oh - and let's check out a little quote from your Fantastic "REAL NEWS" Blog:

We can mourn the loss of the two 101st troops whose bodies they recovered today, but we can also celebrate the fact that none of these jihadi scumbags will do much more than enjoy their 72 goats.

The only thing more SCARY is the fact, that this blog had 5.321.760 clicks.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
So bias yes, but they only report on real news. So I believe it.

Yeah Man!

Hello Captain Spin!

Dont confuse an editorial spin with lies and fake news. Regardless of the commentary he adds, the story is as real as any. The big agencies will pick this up shortly, *SNIP*

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Link

A US air strike on a fleeing vehicle killed a senior al-Qaeda in Iraq leader on Friday in the same area where two American soldiers went missing a few hours later, a US military spokesman said.

US forces had been on the trail of Mansur al-Mashhadani, identified as the top al-Qaeda religious leader in the country, before he was killed in the Yusufiya area just south of Baghdad, said Major General William Caldwell.

Mashhadani was one of the top five al-Qaeda in Iraq leaders and close to its mastermind Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who was also killed by a US air strike on June 7.

Time will tell.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Souljah

It's a blog, for crying out loud.
It's not a bunch of journalists working out of the AP stylebook.

Does it matter if I say that someone died, versus someone "bought the farm"?
They're still dead now, aren't they?

[edit on 20-6-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
And the Black ops government said

"Oh crap, Don and Dick are gonna be pissed. Might as well get the lucky number tumbler from last weeks bingo game, and pick who's gonna be the next Al-Quaida leader for the Dog and Pony Show. *Spin* *Spin* *Spin* Oops, number 175 Randy Hassan, occupation tea salesman, Now how are going to hype him up to be some huge threat?"

-ADHD

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Mirthful,

That kinda jibes with what I saw on the Newscrawler on Fox.
"Blasted from behind" is what it said.

The article you linked, mentioned that they were in a fleeing vehicle..

Just wanted to mention again...FLEEING vehicle. As in running away, like a scared bunny. Running back to hide amongst civilians would be my guess..Trying to draw us in, maybe cause a few more civilian casualties to further the "cause".

[edit on 20-6-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Ain't this Great!

First - Zaqawi killed!

AWESOME!

Put that in ALL the Media, all the News, 24/7 for 7 Weeks!

Hey - do you want to know why the Pentagon PR-O's decided for this move?

Let me Enlighten you;

Still Remember HADITHA?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I think that they were probably getting close to an operation where the 2 US soldiers were being help captive and then the hostages were executed and the Al Qaeda guys were making a break for it. The US already had forces in the area and so the mission changed.

Just my thoughts on the matter. also, I am thinking with that info that the US got when Zarqawi was killed probably gave up a number of safehouses.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Ain't this Great!

First - Zaqawi killed!

AWESOME!

Put that in ALL the Media, all the News, 24/7 for 7 Weeks!

Hey - do you want to know why the Pentagon PR-O's decided for this move?

Let me Enlighten you;

Still Remember HADITHA?

What does this have to do with the topic? Nothing, post to the topic please.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Still Remember HADITHA?

Haditha is still to be proven, there is as much evidence that it was an agenda driven set up than there was a massacre. I wont condemn those Marines until they are proven guilty in a court of law. But of course its quite convenient for you to just assume their guilt....

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
What does this have to do with the topic? Nothing, post to the topic please.

My Friend, it has EVERYTHING to do with this topic.

SMOKESCREEN?

Looks like the Wonderful news about Zarqawi and now this other "Super-Terrorist" assassinations practicly Cover-up all that "anti-war-sentiment", which the Haditha Massacre envoked. But I guess people aready forgot about that.

GO USA!

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Cover-up all that "anti-war-sentiment", which the Haditha Massacre envoked. But I guess people aready forgot about that.

GO USA!

No, it is NOT on topic. This is about Mansur. You want to post on that fine.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
The article you linked, mentioned that they were in a fleeing vehicle..

Just wanted to mention again...FLEEING vehicle. As in running away, like a scared bunny. Running back to hide amongst civilians would be my guess..Trying to draw us in, maybe cause a few more civilian casualties to further the "cause".

Who knows where they were going? Who cares? The most accurate way to attack a moving vehicle by air is from behind. A lot of the targeting problems go away in an attack from behind.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It would have been nice to know where they were going.
I'm probably right that they were headed back to hide within village of civilians.

But my real point there was to say that what I had read, matched up with the Article that
Mirthful Me had provided us. Thats all..

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Souljah, maybe in your country one can be found guilty without it being proven but he in the US all individuals are innocent until proven guilty. In Haditha (sp?) the Marines in question have not been charged yet, court martialed or sentenced therefore they are presumed innocent until proven guilty be a court of law (in their case a military court). So if you don't have those rights in your country and you want them then do something about it or move......then again you may like people kicking in your door.......

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
As much as I love the debate, Souljah’s tactic of deflection from the topic is working, we are no longer discussing this new terrorist leaders demise, we are now talking about assumptions he has made to propagate his political agendas.

I say we just ignore his posts until he gets back on the topic.

The bottom line is that Sheikh Mansur, regardless of the source or their editorial perspective, has been reported as being killed.

He last about what? A week?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join