It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden tombs and explorers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Hi All I was wondering after playing the new tomb raider legends game for a while if there actualy were hidden tombs and amazing structures and such still hidden away from the world.

What do you all think? could you imagine walking through deep dense forest and coming across a huge tomb how great would that be.

Also do people like indiana jones and lara croft etc exist that would be so cool.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
When you consider how huge the earth is, and how much of the rainforest we have yet to chart, it seems almost impossible for there not to be something out there. I think our best bet for something REALLY amazing lies in the oceans.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Yeah i guess your right I'd just love to be able to get into these kinda things it must be so exciting to explore somewhere that hasn't had people in it for hundreds or thousands of years

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
There's lots and lots and lots of them around. If you watch the archaeology news, you'll see that several important ones are discovered every year.

Do they look like the things on Tomb Rader? No... usually they're just simple graves or tombs; no underground chambers or anything like that, though they do find archaeological treasures.

Can you go on one of these? Well, in fact, you can. A number of archaeological expeditions are available for tourist adventurers. You have to pay your own way and you are expected to work, but you'll have an experience of a lifetime!

Next year I'm going to go on the Texas Archaeological Society's dig, and want to do some recording with the Rock Art Society. If you'd like some ideas on how to find out what's in your area, let me know what state (or country) you live in.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
wow that sounds cool when deciding what to study at uni I amost took geography with arcaelology but was talked out of i by my dad lol.

I'm from the UK so does much happen over here also is there a site about new findings?

Thanks again everyone has been so helpful to me today on my posts

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by almeister 5000
wow that sounds cool when deciding what to study at uni I amost took geography with arcaelology but was talked out of i by my dad lol.

Those are fun subjects, and you can always pick them up as electives.

I'm from the UK so does much happen over here also is there a site about new findings?

www.bbc.com... usually reports on them. And there's TONS of stuff happening there.

Check out Current Archaeology:
www.archaeology.co.uk...

British Archaeology:
www.archaeology.co.uk...

And here's some sites you can go visit for yourself!
www.sfu.ca...

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Cool thanks man i'll be checking them out reguarly. you never know in a year or so i might find the most important discovery in history, or perhaps not

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I'm planning on moving to England in 2009. I was studying Archaeology but I switched over to geography. I think that exploring different places and searching for hidden things iis something I have always wanted to do. I mostly blame TombRaider for that
Do you all live in England?

new topics

top topics

join