It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

watch your back korea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Let korea send up there little rocket , because we are ready to take it out as seen here-----www.msnbc.msn.com... USS Abraham Lincoln, USS Kitty Hawk and USS Ronald Reagan carrier groups steam in formation near Guam Sunday during preparations for Valiant Shield.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
sry here it is

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by airtrax007
Let korea send up there little rocket , because we are ready to take it out as seen here-----www.msnbc.msn.com... USS Abraham Lincoln, USS Kitty Hawk and USS Ronald Reagan carrier groups steam in formation near Guam Sunday during preparations for Valiant Shield.

What I worry about is the thousands of small attack craft the NK has massed on its shores and at its ports. Some are in very bad condition others not so. But what I wonder is if the fleets have taken into account the one way mass strike capabilitiy of these forces. The numbers of craft are staggering.Especially if a Kamikazi tactic is used. I wonder what the effective range of such NK forces would be.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
i do believe we are anticipating the launch of the missle ---duck and cover.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
what if Korea isnt trying to reach the US coast what if all they want to do is hit or try to hit one of our flat tops in the pacific.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much about the weapons of North Korea. I'd worry more aboout the vampires that are in control of their country. If we could take those mullers out then we can deal with them diplomatically. They've got some nice dudes in north korea. It the Vampires!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by gamgamil
I wouldn't worry too much about the weapons of North Korea. I'd worry more aboout the vampires that are in control of their country. If we could take those mullers out then we can deal with them diplomatically. They've got some nice dudes in north korea. It the Vampires!!!!!!!

Not a bad idea. Any ideas on how to acomplish this? The main problem would be accurate intellegence on where the leaders of North Korea are at any given time. If they were to be removed, what would the people of North Korea do?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
My concern is this,

When we drop little fat mans new bottle rocket he just might get pissed and invade the South!

A mass invasion from the North would be hard to stop at any time, and it would take weeks to mobilize an offensive to push them back across the DMZ.

Just think what 4 million starved NOKO troops running loose in South would do to the Country. Rape, Pillage, Murder.

If we shoot the missile down we had better be prepared to stop the invasion of the South.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
yeah of course intelligence is always a problem...but the vampires must have a lair somewhere. That's what we need to locate. Once we've done that then we need to infiltrate and stake etc. but that can all be done by a crack squad of commandos.
As for the north korean people they've been lied to for so long that once we take out the vampires and overthrow their leadership and take down that silly wall they'll get reunited with the south see that the south are really cool people and they'll all get together and party with a capitalist groove!

[edit on 20-6-2006 by gamgamil]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Shooting the missile down, if it is aimed at the sea (as before) is as good as a declaration of war.

We also have to consider how the western powers could physically shoot it down - redeploying THAAD from Alaska to say Japan, or bringing in an Israeli Arrow system would have been reported and again brings with it political costs. The USNs AEGIS system has a limited anti-ballistic missile capability but just how good is it? - if I was the USN I'd be worried that I'd fire at it and miss.

These aren't "bottle rockets" as someone said. They are serious high capability rockets.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
There was a theory I heard from some intel talking head the the entire missle launch might actually be China getting N korea to fire off a dud that the US might reveal the location and capability of our own missle defense system. What do you think about that?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
My concern is this,

When we drop little fat mans new bottle rocket he just might get pissed and invade the South!

A mass invasion from the North would be hard to stop at any time, and it would take weeks to mobilize an offensive to push them back across the DMZ.

Just think what 4 million starved NOKO troops running loose in South would do to the Country. Rape, Pillage, Murder.

If we shoot the missile down we had better be prepared to stop the invasion of the South.

I think its a concern but I think your under estimating the capability of the South Korean forces and the US troops stationed there. The DMZ isnt something you exactly stream across in mass with ease. They have been preparing to deal with such a attack for decades.

The real threat IMO is Seoul being turned into a firestorm without a single N Korean troop crossing the border in a matter of hours. They have thousands of artillery and rockets which could easily hit Seoul and could put by some estimates a 1/4 million shells into the city per hour. This may not be high tech stuff but they have so much of it and its perfect for pounding a city into the ground.

[edit on 20-6-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Had a quick google-earth look at the NK missile test range:

I had a good look around the area for air defense sites and naval assets. As far as I can tell there is zero SAM cover, no AAA and no naval assets routinely based nearby.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1

Are you kidding me, US troops train along the southern side of the DMZ almost daily and have a quick reaction team/QRT ready 24/7. Teams rotate readiness stance, and if I recall correctly soldiers in Camp Casey or Garry Owen, were conducting trench warfare exercises.

Sorry, if the US was not in South Korea maybe the north would make an attempt. But they will not dare while we are there.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure several comments in this thread are at least a little tounge-in-cheek, so I'm willing to laugh at the refrence to the Taepodong 2 as a bottlerocket.

Assuming for a moment that the second Korean war breaks out, I'm fairly confident it will not be a repeat of the first one. THe weapons, warfare styles, and capabilities of each side... well, the 'western' side anyhow have changed dramaticly since the first Korean war. Theres no doubt Seol would take something of a beating in the early hours, but I'm also confident that before the first shells landed, there'd be counterbattery fire in the air headed for the artillery that fired them.

Assuming the end result will not be the second Korean War...
If they don't launch, I suppose this whole deal can be viewed as another case of the North Korean version of political blackma.. err.. brinkmanship. The US and Japan are already the two biggest sources of food in North Korea, and between the US, Japan, and South Korea, we're thier primary source of power and heating oil.

If they do launch, we will track it. Whether we try to shoot it down will probrably depend entirely on where it's going. Middle of the ocean would probrably not result in us firing on it, but any actual 'targets' will probrably result in the attempt being made. Then it's only a slight exaggeration to say the fate of the world depends on whether the interceptor missile kills it's target.

From a North Korean standpoint, the best course of action I can see, and thier probable plan, is to use this as a bargining chip to try and get more food aid and power aid from the aforementioned countries. Next would be launching it into the ocean as an act of sabre rattling.

From a US point of view, I'd have to consider getting as much international attention as possible on this, and basicly having international 'permission' to shoot the rocket down before they even launch it. Not that GW is famous for waiting untill he has permission. Unfortunately, unless we want to start the second Korean War ourselves, they've got the initiative. However, shooting the missile down seems like a vastly superior ending than it not being fired in the first place. If it's never fired, it becomes a bargining chip for what really isn't far from blackmail. If it's shot down than N.Korea looses that bargining chip, everything they've ever successfully bargined for, and face. If it's fired intot he ocean, nothing happens.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
If we try to shoot it down and miss..........

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Travellar
If it's never fired, it becomes a bargining chip for what really isn't far from blackmail.

Everything I've seen says that once the NK missile has been fueled, it's use it or lose it. And all reports say it has been fueled. The window they have to launch after fueling is subject to some debate (hours to weeks), but it seems to me unlikely that NK can just choose to throw away their missile. Odds are that it's going to be launched.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by planeman
If we try to shoot it down and miss..........

interpreting that as a lingering question,

If we shoot and miss, and run out of opportunities to keep shooting, than the US winds up as red-faced as the batter who had 2 outs, 2 strikes, 3 balls, and his team down by two runs with bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth inning. Then swings at an pitch that would've been a ball if he hadn't swung.

For those not following the baseball analogy, we'd loose a lot of credibility, and still have to face unknown consequences.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I think we are getting alittle distracted from the main point dudes and ladies. Their all frickin vampires!!!! Frickin vampires they's are!! We need to find their lair. forget the missile deployment sites, that won't do us any good in the long run. jees!

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
not on this thread but i have read where someone said that if US fires on missile and misses we should just scrap it all together

if we miss then that would give us a chance to improve, i saw on cnn on tv tonight that the interceptor is about 60-70% success rate, 9 in alaska 2 on west coast- in cali i think, now i dont think that they would launch all 11 for this one missile, but think about it this way, your car has an airbag traffic injuries and deaths have decreased majorly since they have been installed, now granted someones grandmothers cousins sisters best friends boyfriend has been killed by there airbag when it went off, but airbags deter serious injury more then they cause, so wouldnt it be better to have this missile system

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join