It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

love sucks!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
*Sighs* love sucks sooo much, it always end up with you getting heart broken...

this new board isn't gonna help my despression at all

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
*Sighs* love sucks sooo much, it always end up with you getting heart broken...

this new board isn't gonna help my despression at all

then stop thinking about it. not as easy as it sounds i know but try it. eventually you wont even notice the depression most of the time. (i have plenty of experience in this matter)

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
true, but it still sucks thou. but im still hoping for miss right to come along

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
You are young yet, miss right will be along someday.

I never got on with chicks till I was about 18 or 19. Had two girlfriends before my wife. I knew I had a good thing then and took the chance so I didn't lose it.

Give it time. My bro in law is getting divorced at 30 years old cause he got in a hurry to find miss right. He was wrong.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
oh ok thanx for the advice

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Anytime dude. Just keep your chin up. They will find you and you will find them.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Yer a youngun Infinite, yes time will come. Traveling down the path of love and loss is bittersweet. Most, I think, find someone that they can stay with forever.

Try to focuson having fun right now. Enjoy your youth or you will be posting in here in 10 years that "being old sucks" instead of love sucking.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
When you will understand that love is 80% sex and 20% sentiments, you will feel better, sure.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   
i have agree here. dont be in a hurry to find miss right, i have found that things happen in life when you dont try to make them happen. let things flow rather than swimming against the stream, you're not a salmon and there isnt a need to mate at this time so relax and pursue other things in life.

although on a more personal note i think it sucks even more when you found her and lost her, TWICE. at your age finding miss right shouldnt even be on your mind. have some fun, hang out with your friends, go to college and experience some of the world first. one of my two biggest mistakes was getting married too young. i was a young idealistic retard who is forever going to pay for his shortsighted mistakes made at an age that should have been reserved for finding out who i am and what the world has to offer me. of course the flip side to this is i learned a lot about life and love and what it means to have a real relationship, how it can be the greatest feeling in the world or a living nightmare. so whilemy experiences sucked i found ways to learn from them and even find some positives but if i can help even one person keep from making even one mistake i've made i feel all that much better but i cant help but wonder if i havent deprived that person of something more meaningful to experience and learn for themselves.

all i can say is dont worry about it. like me you have too much on your mind and you need to relax and let go.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Love, as well as life is about the journey, and unfortunately, the journey often has ups and downs. If it didn't have it's downs, we wouldn't know how good the ups are. I would encourage you to read the story written by mOjOm at:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

It has some very relevant words of wisdom which you may find comforting.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
sorry folks...love is for suckas. i know that some of you don't agree and think somehow someday the right one is gunna tap you on your shoulder and say--here I am, the one you've been waiting for--nahuhn. You make the one-the one. It's all about your perception and what you are willing to accept and what they are willing not to reject. You gotta be a sucka to love. It feels so damn good and hurts so damn bad all at the same time. Don't need it, too many things feel good without hurting.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
true, but it still sucks thou. but im still hoping for miss right to come along

"Miss right" is probably right under your nose, and you have no idea.

I've been married 23 years to "miss right" ... give it time, be patient.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
sorry folks...love is for suckas. i know that some of you don't agree and think somehow someday the right one is gunna tap you on your shoulder and say--here I am, the one you've been waiting for--nahuhn. You make the one-the one. It's all about your perception and what you are willing to accept and what they are willing not to reject. You gotta be a sucka to love. It feels so damn good and hurts so damn bad all at the same time. Don't need it, too many things feel good without hurting.

No, it's not always like that. Although I would agree it usually does fit that pattern. Plus it seems to be the new in thing to have pointless shallow relationships with people where neither person risks any type of real commitment. Those people are fools in my opinion and are just rationalizing their loss or failure in finding a long lasting love. There are rewards that come from such a True Loving Partnership that they will never understand. That is their choice however and effects only them anyway so it no big deal. Unless they drag someone else along unknowingly, then they are just being childish, selfish and showing no compassion for others. Mostly I think it's done out of fear. Fear that they themselves are somehow not worthy of such a lasting devotion, so if they quit early they may not have to face that truth. Or they fear the heartache that can come along in trying to find such Love with another. Not sure if I see that as Weak or Sad actually. But it's all about choices and following through with those choices in pursuit of the elusive dream of Love.

Edit: Saphronia, please don't take this as directed at you personally. I don't know you and mean no disrespect. I am speaking more generally.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
mOjOm: don't sweat it. everyone has different experiences and my views may not be mainstream but they are true to me.

I am sorta selfish, though. In way it's a defense mechanism. I'm not scared of love I actually fall in and out of it very often. My point is I can do without it. The heart just don't listen.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
mOjOm: don't sweat it. everyone has different experiences and my views may not be mainstream but they are true to me.

I am sorta selfish, though. In way it's a defense mechanism. I'm not scared of love I actually fall in and out of it very often. My point is I can do without it. The heart just don't listen.

I totally understand. I also respect the way you want to live your life too. I was actually a follower of that same idea for a while too and thought I'd be that way forever whether I wanted it or not. Lucky for me there was actually someone out there for me that I'm very happy I found.

Glad you didn't take anything I wrote personally either...After I posted it I realized I had posted you as who I was replying to but didn't intend what I wrote to be specifically aimed at you. When I read it I thought, "Well, that was a bit more harsh than I realized while writting it. I'm going to end up offending Saphronia probably which sux cause I've never even spoke to you before." So I threw in that quick EDIT later.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
When you will understand that love is 80% sex and 20% sentiments, you will feel better, sure.

And i like the 80% better..

As does my woman..

There is a 'little' animal in all of us..

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It depends on perspective.
Iv had one hell of a ride with it, and ended up with nothing in the end.
Nans is Right....80 percent sex..and the rest of the time, i dunno.
I think thats one reason my GF broke up with me, "Deep were moving to fast" My ass..Well im still a virgin, mostly becuase I chose not to be a male slut and sleep around.
But me and my Ex still got it on, I dunno what the hell im telling you all this for.
This prolly does not make you feel any better infinite.
Well, I thought my "EX" was the One untill last week, when this family freind came from England and man was she ever fine. I totaly forgot about my Ex.
Maybe you should look someplace else, but you know what they say, "you cant find love, it finds you."
Deep

new topics

top topics

join