It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I bought a magazine in 1998 that celebrated 9-11

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I had no idea what 9-11 was.

I wondered what these emblems and logos were that were printed in the magazine, and had things like rainbow graphics with 9-11 written on them.

The magazine I bought in London in 1998 from a Holy Tabernacle Ministries store. Sadly, the person who told me about HTM stole the magazine from me when he came to visit one day, and then disappeared - lots of people wondered where he went to. So I don't have the magazine ever since then, which was only a few days to a couple of weeks after I had bought it in 1998.

I can't prove it, but I swear over anything that is true.

I also might have - maybe - seen 9-11 refered to even earlier than that, when I was on holiday in India. If so, it would have been in a childrens book that some Afghani refugees had that I met there. What I recall is the children were learning English and one of them showed me the book they had, and I was looking at it - and it depicted some destruction that I thought was weird for a kids book, but I put it down to the history they went through and thought it must have been about that.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Did it have a name? Maybe we could find a copy online.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
It was the HTMs magazine. If there's a list of their magazines online then what I'm describing would most likely be in more than one edition.

I don't remember the date that was on it, it's possible that I somehow bought one back then that 'hadn't been published yet'. Which might have been why the fellow mentioned took it - I was aware at the time that he had lifted something from my room, but he was behaving so strangely I thought I'd just leave it and ask him later, obviously I didn't know that he'd be gone.

In hindsight, he seemed to be aware that I had something from that future, and he was trying to remove it so that that future would not occur. Pity it never worked, I'd have happily paid a few quid for a magazine that then vanished to stop the world getting even worse, as it is now.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Hello all old time radio fans

Back in the 30's and 40's there was a radio program called, Jack Armstrong - the all American boy. It stared Jack Armstrong, Colonel, Betty & Billy Fairfield.

In 1940 there was an episode where the group (with Japanese ships in the area) took a small ship with an autogyro on board (being an early type helicopter) and they searched for uranium that was on a sunken ship off the Philippines. The uranium was to be used to make an atomic bomb.

The Manhattan Project (which developed the Atomic Bomb) was secret to everyone except the audience of Jack Armstrong - the all American boy.

bc
.\

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Maybe it'd help if I pointed out that the HTM are or were an Islamic-based religious order, and the magazine was not a comic, it was their journal of general news and the usual sorts of things that such publiciations would contain.

When I was at the store, there were people that would walk by and shout abuse. A lot of other Islam versions didn't like them, because they said the Qu'ran in it's usual form was wrong.

I still have at least one of their books - when they quote from the three main monotheist texts they also include it in Arabic and Hebrew and often ancient Greek.

I have noticed in fictional things that they of course make referenece to real events that hadn't occured yet. I'm not sure what to make of that, is it strictly pre-cognitive, or is it unconscious and comes out because the author is locked-in to one specific unfolding of future events, is it mind-control so people that read it will unconsciously help manifest that version of things.......I'm not sure. What I am sure about is that no-one would bother trying to earn a living by selling things like superhero stories unless they were already slaves in a fake reality. Some folks end up making their required living by refering to that which was the truth, before or outwith their being in a world having to do anything like earn a living.

It's like the account of Lao Tzu - he tried to leave and wasn't allowed to until he wrote a book, so he wrote the Tao Te Ching. This realm here seems controlled by the same beings that Terence McKenna refered to in a MONDO2000 interview - they demanded answers from him about the I Ching, then the beings that are actually in charge found out they were doing that.........a scenario that I see playing out here moreso until the tyrant-beings are gone and no longer able to stop people from living and making them make art out of their pain. If you had a choice, you'd rather be able to fly around unaided than make a film or whatever about doing that.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ed 209

I also might have - maybe - seen 9-11 refered to even earlier than that, when I was on holiday in India. If so, it would have been in a childrens book that some Afghani refugees had that I met there. What I recall is the children were learning English and one of them showed me the book they had, and I was looking at it - and it depicted some destruction that I thought was weird for a kids book, but I put it down to the history they went through and thought it must have been about that.

Refered to how? What did it say roughly? 911 is not all that unique to 9-11-01 as we all know...can you give us anymore info?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Do you know what the acronym 'HTM' stands for?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Yes, it was included in my topic opener, of course,

The magazine I bought in London in 1998 from a Holy Tabernacle Ministries store.

The other one is a maybe, I don't think it's worth trying to recall it exactly. I know that it was connected but I can't recall any specifics enough to say much more than that.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This(HTM, 1998 magazine etc) was mentioned in a thread in jan/feb 2005. was going to post link but when i went back to check what exactly was said it had dissapeared from search. did get thread number though - 116427 - will go back and try to find again.

found it again - the op in the thread (duff beer dragon) also said that his copy of this magazine was stolen from him by person that introduced him to HTM. Funny thing is this person is now a BANNED MEMBER!!

[edit on 20/6/2006 by supersaint]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Thanks SK - wonder if ed 209 went to see crop circles in avebury?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   

found it again - the op in the thread (duff beer dragon) also said that his copy of this magazine was stolen from him by person that introduced him to HTM. Funny thing is this person is now a BANNED MEMBER!!

Yes, I had questions put to me in regard to that already, ie - about my ISP matching a banned member, don't know if it was that one.

You are obviously just trying to get me banned because you know how important what I am contributing to the board is though. You went and looked up some related thread in the hope of silencing what I am saying here and in other threads, doubt you would bother to put that effort in to do any good deeds ever.

And yes, I have also been to crop circles and I happened to have mentioned that today in some other thread also.

So now that you know more than one person has ever bought an HTM magazine and has also been to crop circle sites, what is your point? Apart from your wanting to silence anyone like me that is.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Hang on another minute, what *are* you playing at?!

supersaint

You just got here recently, how did you know about some old thread from last year?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   

You are obviously just trying to get me banned because you know how important what I am contributing to the board is though. You went and looked up some related thread in the hope of silencing what I am saying here and in other threads, doubt you would bother to put that effort in to do any good deeds ever.

And yes, I have also been to crop circles and I happened to have mentioned that today in some other thread also.

So now that you know more than one person has ever bought an HTM magazine and has also been to crop circle sites, what is your point? Apart from your wanting to silence anyone like me that is.

actually i was trying to get info on HTM as i had never heard of it before and happened to come across the thread in a google search. i am NOT trying to get you banned, just pointing out a similarity between your thread and the other! why would i want to silence you!

with regard to what i am playing at - nothing. you never heard of search?

[edit on 20/6/2006 by supersaint]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Don't think so - if you were just interested in the topic then why would you bother mentioning it being funny that who posted it is now banned.

For example, I happened to have used the search function today to lookup the Lutec machine. I noticed the one thread where it was mentioned contained a banned member. However as that had no connection to anything at all, I didn't mention it when I replied, nor indeed when I linked the thread in another related thread.
That happened just before I got back to this thread and saw your contribution here, lset you think I did that just to make you look bad.

So, I think it's obvious there is intent to disrupt only from you, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned the banned person in the way that you did. Not saintly at all.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I think you've got supersaint wrong Ed, and you're hurting your cause with each rant toward him. I didn't mention the "other" poster was banned when I posted the link because I didn't notice. If I had, I would've thought that was pertinent information.

When I posted the link to that Duff Beer Dragon thread I didn't even consider it was the same poster. I just assumed that two people had seen the same magazine. However, it's becoming more likely that Duff Beer Dragon and Ed 209 are one in the same now.

1) There's no other mention of this magazine ANYWHERE on the internet (that I can find) except these two threads. If it was common enough for 2 members of ATS to stumble upon it separately, then it would certainly be mentioned somewhere else.

2) The stories are so similar when you read them. In fact, while reading the Duff Beer Dragon thread I thought I was reading the Ed 209 thread and got real confused because the posts are almost identical.

Example:

Ed 209: "I wondered what these emblems and logos were that were printed in the magazine, and had things like rainbow graphics with 9-11 written on them... Sadly, the person who told me about HTM stole the magazine from me... I can't prove it, but I swear over anything that is true."

Duff Beer Dragon: "There was stuff in the magazine that I didn't get the point of, they were symbols and badges looking, and had various numbers or slogans style on them... he stole that magazine off me! ...I can't prove any of this part of course, but one of the badges or whatever the symbol was for in that magazine was a cloud with a rainbow coming off it, and it said - " 9-11. "

So, why was Duff Beer Dragon banned?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Excuse me, "my case"?

Care to expand on what you mean by claiming also - on top of all the other irrelevent attacks on me here that you can't explain - that I have a case.

I'd re-iterate -

if I am wrong about both your intentions against me here,

1. why mention that some user got banned in this thread - what did you mean when you wrote that?

2. why was it mentioned in an equally infantile accusing way 'wonder if ed went to avebury' ? - what is that for, if not a very vile sick attempt to make trouble for me.

You'd have to explain those things, before you are off the hook re. what I have said must be your true reasons for posting such.

It'd certainly be odd if there is no mention of the HTM online except two posts on these forums. I shall go and have a look and post any links I find to this thread.

And why are you asking why duff beer dragon was banned, in this thread again?!

If you want to know that surely it'd be a 'board questions and business' post, and then I doubt you'd be told why anyway. You could try.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Don't think so - if you were just interested in the topic then why would you bother mentioning it being funny that who posted it is now banned...............

So, I think it's obvious there is intent to disrupt only from you, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned the banned person in the way that you did. Not saintly at all.

not at all i read your post and wanted to find out more - possibly a copy of magazine online - and happened on that thread in which the story of the magazine and its theft are the same. the same exact story from two different people?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
.....there's loads of HTM links.

I would have thought so, it's hardly that obscure. And they have TONS of books out! Many are members-only. So I doubt you bothered to check them all before claiming that only me and one other person know about a magazine they published.

www.google.co.uk...

first page of links says,

"

THE OURSTORY(history) OF THE HOLY TABERNACLE MINISTRIES!!!
For all those who are interested or just curious here is the partial OURSTORY(history) of The Holy Tabernacle Ministries. Relax and enjoy. ...
www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/4978/ourstory.html - 16k - Cached - Similar pages

Welcome To Our Right Knowledge NUWAUBU page!
*IMPORTANT NOTE This not *THE* official Holy Tabernacle Ministries website ... Also The Holy Tabernacle Ministries does not discriminate between Age, Sex, ...
www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/4978/ - 10k - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.geocities.com ]

Religious Movements Homepage: Nuwaubian Nation of Moors
Sacred or Revered Texts: Holy Tabernacle Ministries. In addition, Dr. Malachi Z. York ... It contains informantion regarding the Holy Tabernacle Ministries. ...
religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu/nrms/nuwaubians.html - 25k - Cached - Similar pages

Malachi York
The group has used several names in its history: Holy Tabernacle Ministries, Ansaru Allah Community, and of most interest to Masons, Lodge 19 of the Ancient ...
www.masonicinfo.com/york.htm - 31k - Cached - Similar pages

UFOs and NRMs: Nuwaubians: Links
Holy Tabernacle Ministries; Egiptian Mysteries - York's personal page; RIZQ index and links · Neteru · The Ancient Ones · Nuwaubian Empire · The AMUN Page ...
home.uchicago.edu/~ryancook/un-nwlnk.htm - 9k - Cached - Similar pages

The Holy Tabernacle Church of Brockton Judah Ministries
The Holy Tabernacle Church of Brockton Judah Ministries. Bishop G. Warren Manigault, II Pastor Catherine McCray-Manigault Visitors ...
www.holytabernacleministries.org/ - 16k - Cached - Similar pages

Nuwaubian leader York working on his public image
Marshall Chance, a pastor with Holy Tabernacle Ministries, another Nuwaubian-affiliated group, said there is no connection between the Nuwaubians and Al ...
www.rickross.com/reference/nuwaubians/nuwaubians19.html - 11k - Cached - Similar pages

Holy Tabernacle Ministries - Above Top Secret Conspiracy Community
Discusion about Holy Tabernacle Ministries in the Above Top Secret website discussion forum Secret Societies. Other topics include freemasons, illuminati, ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread116427/pg1 - 98k - Cached - Similar pages

Dissensus - holy tabernacle ministries
on the back cover of the mf doom album doomsday, doom and another guy are wearing the robes of the holy tabernacle ministries the cultish church started by ...
www.dissensus.com/archive/index.php/t-70.html - 4k - Cached - Similar pages

Holy Tabernacle Ministries - What does HTM stand for? Acronyms and ...
What does HTM stand for? Definition of Holy Tabernacle Ministries in the list of acronyms and abbreviations provided by the Free Online Dictionary and ...
acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/Holy+Tabernacle+Ministries - 24k - Cached - Similar pages"

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Yes there are hundreds - but SK said that there were only two links to the story of the magazine and both of them threads on ats.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join