It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pearl Harbor vs 9/11 and other queries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I'm more or less new to the 9/11 conspiracy theory... I'm well aware about the general theories, but only became really interested after reading WeComeInPeace's blog. Wanting to take part in the "discussion" I need to do some homework first, but I'm faced with a barrage of information.

So here are two questions to kick off, and if you'll excuse me if it's obvious questions...

1. Pearl Harbor is one of the "oldest modern" conspiracy theories. It too resulted in the loss of thousands of US lives. As with 9/11, Pearl Harbor was supposedly "staged" in order to get support from the public to join the war (WWII). Has anyone drawn comparisons between the two events? (I.e. methods, communication, people involved, evidence, etc?)

2. The general feel is that the Twin Towers was brought down with demolition/a implosion, right? Surely demolition like that needs a whole lot of explosives, logistics and people working on it (both backstage and on the site...)? Where is the evidence of this prior to 9/11? Shouldn't there be some evidence of people going in and out of the building with huge amounts of explosives? Surely there's an eyewitness that saw demolition teams setting up the whole implosion on the preceding days?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Has anyone drawn comparisons between the two events? (I.e. methods, communication, people involved, evidence, etc?)

For starters, you might want to look into Project Northwoods. That's a good start for a comparison. As far as other comparisons, if you are inclined, maybe you could start your research in this area since that is what interests you.

Shouldn't there be some evidence of people going in and out of the building with huge amounts of explosives? Surely there's an eyewitness that saw demolition teams setting up the whole implosion on the preceding days?

I tried to look up past permits for the towers but was informed that since they were the property of the Port Authority, permits were not needed. The Port Authority is the one who gives out the permits, so the towers don't have permits on file I believe.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
I tried to look up past permits for the towers but was informed that since they were the property of the Port Authority, permits were not needed. The Port Authority is the one who gives out the permits, so the towers don't have permits on file I believe.

When you say permits do you mean permits to enter the building, permits to handle explosives, or something else?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Permits to do any kind of construction work/renovation. In the USA, in most major cities, you have to apply for a permit, pay a fee for the permit (so the government can get into your pockets), and then when you recieve the permit, you can do your construction/renovation. The application for permits is usually what holds up a contractor that someone hires to do the work...not the contractor. Just thought I'd mention that because I hear all the time about these lazy contractors and such when in reality it is the government holding up the contractor. Sorry to go off on a tangent. But a permit is a license (sort of) that allows you to do construction/renovation.

I was interested in looking at the permits for the WTC buildings just to see if anything didn't look right. Hope I answered your question.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
One interesting and common theme in most conspiracy theories is the inherent racism involved.

In 1876, some people were unable to accept the fact that General George Custer’s men were wiped out by a bunch of “ignorant savages.” Thus a rumor sprung up that Sitting Bull was really a renegade west point officer.

In 1941, some people were unable to accept the fact that the Japanese were capable of successfully orchestrating a surprise attack on American forces. Thus stories sprung up on how the attack was some how known about in advance and “allowed” to happen.

In 2001, some people were unable to appreciate the fact that Arabic religious fanatics are completely capable of learning how to fly a jet plane and to organize a hijacking involving crashing a plane into a building. Thus the claim arose that it would have been impossible for a “bunch of cave dwelling Arabs” to pull this off, so therefore the government had to be involved.

top topics

join