It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Get out, or else...' (al Qaeda ultimatum to RUSSIA)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
"The Siberian Bear" this time is the new Al-Qaeda target. The Holy Warriors now are threatening to kill 4 Russian diplomats if Kremlin doesn't pull out from Chechnya.

www.news24.com
Paris - An al-Qaeda-led coalition in Iraq has claimed the abduction of four Russian diplomats, giving Moscow 48 hours to pull out of Chechnya and free Chechen prisoners, in a statement posted on the internet on Monday.

"God enabled the lions of unification to capture four Russian diplomats in Iraq and kill a fifth," said the statement by the Mujahedeen Shura (consultative) Council, which groups eight insurgent factions.

It said the council's Islamic court had decided to give the Russian government 48 hours to "withdraw immediately from Chechnya" and "release all our brothers and sisters detained in Russian prisons" or "take the consequences".

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The authenticity of this statement could not be confirmed from other independent sources but let's not forget the fact that Kremlin withheld comments about Zarqawi's death. This "bitten tongue" can be seen only as a attempt from Russian Government to save the lives of four Russian diplomats captured by terrorists.
And with the Zarqawi's successor Al-Qaeda seems to have found a new sadistic psychopath who not only has chosen a harsher way of fighting against West but also is not afraid of making new enemies.

Related News Links:
www.libertypost.org

[edit on 19-6-2006 by Telos]

[edit on 21-6-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Very interesting

I dont think the russians will do anything. Look what happened in the Beslan terror attack. The Russian response or lack of response showed there weakness.

I feel bad for the workers for they will probably be murdered by these scum of the earth.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Are they TRYING to loose or something??!!

I mean, the US, for all its 'nastiness' is a cuddly teddy bear compared to Russia. Russia is more like a bear thats been dosed with '___', had buckets of blood spalshed in its face, and then let loose into a room full of lawyers.

Viscious and nasty.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   
omg this is hillarious. al quada must really be trying to loose as another poster pointed out. The united states is a hammer, and Russia is a freaking Chain saw. (yes and they do wear the jason masks). I mean these are the people that run around shouting "MOTHA LAND!!" and Al Quada is trying to tell them what to do?!?!

well i think the Democrats are finally getting their wish, the United States can pull out now, Russia will kick some @$$ if provoked any further.

Kind Regards,
Digitalgrl

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I agree. Russia will take you down and your family and your friends if you F with them......oh and your pets.

Al-Qadea needs to pick on someone like Antacrtica. That is something they can handle.

But using car bombs to kill infidel penguins will get Green Peace after them......And Green Peace are bad Mo Fo's too!

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
How long has Chechnya been going? Remember Afganistan(Russia's Vietnam)? You underestimate their resolve, cunning, and fanaticism Al Q. operatives are known for. How can you effectively fight an enemy without turning the population they are hiding out in, against you? Soviet style tactics may turn around and bite them in the behind. Not saying they aren't vicious and brutal, because we all know that they are, this very trait could be their undoing in that war.

Look at the US Military for instance. That can't even reliably pacify Iraq. I don't see how the Ruskies, with Cold War era technology, dirt poor troops from lack of good pay(when they actually get paid that is), and low morale from stemming from the above two achillies heels can actually win. I don't see how WE can win. I believe that we will have to hunker down for the next 20-30 years until it peters out.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Russia will never pull out of Chechnya as long as it exists. It has already won the main war in Chechnya- the war for the population. Most Chechnyans now support the Federal troops and agree that there is far more stability, religious tolerance, and economic benefits from being in the Russian Federation. This is a fact. Russia has successfully carried out a campaign to win the support of the local population under Putin and several of his best generals- this happened only in the last 3 years. Call it propaganda or brainwashing- but it worked. The locals now turn in all the terrorists, and in a few instances have even murdered the terrorists themselves. The few diehards who still fight there are being taken out one by one, and after Beslan they have virtually no support from the world outside Middle East, and from Chechnyans. Russia also cut off all ways for Al Quida to enter from Middle East to fight in Chechnya. Most of the remaining guerillas today are not Chechnyans, but are in fact from the Middle East- professionals hired to fight the Russian Federation in support of the Cenral Asian Halifat. Russia spend so much to keep Chechnya and win the support of its people- they would not get out no matter what.

And unlike countries like Spain, Russia has made a pact with itself- never yeild to terrorists and never meet their demands no matter what. Israel has a similar pact. This may seem like hardline politics- but it discourages further hostage taking. A few times that Russia did appear to hold talks with the terrorists and guerillas, they deceived the terrorists and stabbed them in the back. Guerilla leader Dudayev was killed that way, when a homing missile launched at him during telephone convo with Russian delegates. The phone was used to track him.

As the demand goes this time- Russia will ignore it. The best way to deal with someone who is trying to get your's and the world's attention- IS TO IGNORE THEM as if they weren't there. It has done that when Chechnyans took Russian soldiers hostage- it will do this now. Russia is similarly ignoring its noisy neighbors- like Georgia and the Baltic States- who are acting like chihuahuas barking at a Bear. If a bear gets pissed it will stump the chihuahua into the ground. Russia treats and refers to Al Quida and similar organizations as a minor nuisance.

What is sad, is that more than likely the hostages will die. Russia will not go to iraq because of this, it will not support US war on terror- it has its own reasons- it will just treat it as a senseless murder which it is.

[edit on 22-6-2006 by maloy]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy
Russia is similarly ignoring its noisy neighbors- like Georgia and the Baltic States- who are acting like chihuahuas barking at a Bear. If a bear gets pissed it will stump the chihuahua into the ground.

If many Russians share that extraordinary attitude of yours, towards your neighboring states, no wonder that it's hard for that country to win friends.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
If many Russians share that extraordinary attitude of yours, towards your neighboring states, no wonder that it's hard for that country to win friends.

Who ever said that it is hard with Russia to have friends. Under Putin Russia developed very good relations with Germany, France, Spain, Italy, and improved relations with countries like India, China, Japan, Syria, Egypt, Palestine, Mexico, Venezuela, Chile, and several others. In fact relations between Russia and Germany/Italy/France are better than between those countries and the US in some instances. Especially relations are improving because economic boom in Russia, and current nonoffensive and nonexpansionalist policies of Russia in contrast to American policies. A recent survey mentioned somewhere on ATS in fact, showed that Europeans feel that US is the main threat to stability in the world, with Russia nowhere close to it.

Even though I did say Russia could stump them down, does not mean it will or should do so. It has the power to do it certainly. And it is a far bigger player in world politics than they are (G8 summit in Russia ring a bell?). But as I said it has no interest or intention to threaten those countries, and they have nothing to fear. The Chechnyan Mujahadeens on the other hand deserve a good stumping, and are thankfully now on the receiving end of the said stumping.

And not all Russian immidiate neighbors have bad relations with it. Belarus, Iran, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Mongolia, North Korea, China, and Japan are all well dispositioned toward Russia, as Russia is toward them. The few states that are "barking" are all interestingly new American satellite or puppet states like Ukraine, Lithuania/Latvia, Poland, Moldova, and Georgia. They are demanding some sorts of reparations and appologies from Putin regarding Communism and the Soviet Era, although the current Russian Government has long denounced all it had to do with the communists. Russia is in no way acting aggresively towards any of the nations I mentioned, and is choosing to ignore them instead of launching a quarrel with them. And do not even bring up the gas scandal in Ukraine. It is completely economic in nature, and has in fact began in 1991 when no one payed attention to it.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
I mean these are the people that run around shouting "MOTHA LAND!!" and Al Quada is trying to tell them what to do?!?!

Indeed, the russian version of the Democrats in the US are probably like "we must leave chechnya now, right after nuking every village and sending the survivors to siberia'

Remember Afganistan

I remember that disorganized jihadis were only able to hold on because they were supplied with SAMs by the US. I don't think we'll be doing that this time around.

That can't even reliably pacify Iraq.

Thats because, when some of our soliders make people wear hoods and give them a beating, we prosecute them, the russians, they thwack the soldiers who stood by and did nothin on the head and say 'NOW WHY CAN"T YOU BE MORE LIKE GOOD BORIS OVER HERE! LIFT UP YOUR FOOT AND STOMP THAT CHECH'S SKULL IN!"

And, as far as lack of pay, hell, they'll get their pay in part by looting chechnya and in part by getting enjoyment out of burning down mosques.

I don't think making the KGB guys unemployed has made them nicer!

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by maloy
Who ever said that it is hard with Russia to have friends.

Just look over your western borders, will you.

Under Putin Russia developed very good relations with Germany, France, Spain, Italy, and improved relations with countries like India, China, Japan, Syria, Egypt, Palestine, Mexico, Venezuela, Chile, and several others.

You forgot to list Trinidad and Tobago, but I'm sure that Trinidad and Tobago enjoy very good relations with Russia. Maybe that's because they don't share land borders with her. And I can't stress enough how important Palestine (which you proudly mention) is for Russia's security. France is also vital because we all know where the Russian ultra-rich like to ski. And don't get me started on that fois gras...

Especially relations are improving because economic boom in Russia

Umm, erm... Excuse me sir, did you mean rising oil prices?

and current nonoffensive and nonexpansionalist policies of Russia in contrast to American policies

Russia is openly supporting armed separatists movements within sovereign states with which it shares borders. Examples: Transdniestr, Osetia, Abkhazia. Russia is also issuing citizenship rights and passports to people residing in this area, as a pretext for keeping its troops there and maybe stage a full blown conflict one day -- which will be justified by the defense of the alleged "Russians" in all these regions.

To call this nonoffensive and nonexpansionist is pretty much a lie.

A recent survey mentioned somewhere on ATS in fact, showed that Europeans feel that US is the main threat to stability in the world, with Russia nowhere close to it.

Well Russia doesn't have the muscle to be real threat to anyone except to Georgia or maybe Ukraine and some Baltic States. So yes, Russia is not even a part of the picture.

But as I said it has no interest or intention to threaten those countries, and they have nothing to fear.

I don't know your nationality, but at this point I can reliably guess that it's Russian. Why? Living in willing self-deception is a national trait there. Parts of Georgia (such as Abkhazia) are already occupied by the Russian troops, same probably applies to Ossetia and Transdniestr was always heavily supported by the Russian military. If you don't see it as a threat to Moldova, that's because of rudimentary imperial attitude you have towards these former parts of the Russian Empire.

And not all Russian immidiate neighbors have bad relations with it. Belarus, Iran, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Mongolia, North Korea, China, and Japan are all well dispositioned toward Russia

You blow my mind! Mullahs in Iran like Russia? What a triumph. North Korean fascist leaders like Russia? What an achievement. China is slowly taking over Siberia and likes to be friends with Russia because this way it's easier to be doing what they are doing? Great. And, the global importance of the geopolitical giant known as Mongolia is known all over the world.

And do not even bring up the gas scandal in Ukraine. It is completely economic in nature

Oh seriously? You mean at that time Russia was selling gas for a cheaper price to Latvia but with Ukraine it decided to put their foot down. Give me a freaking break, will ya.

[edit on 23-6-2006 by Aelita]

top topics

join