It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stadium Arcadium...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Just wonder what yall thought of the new 2-disk effort by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. IMO: its the best thing theyve dropped, not as funky as Blood Sugar, but is deffenitly the best as far as musical ability goes. It blows By the Way out of the water, im just exited to see what the future brings as it looks like all 4 mombers have final gelled.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Come on there are NO RED HOT CHILI PEPPER fans on this forum? What do yall think?

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'm a big Chili Peppers fan but I can't say that I thought Stadium Arcadium was all that impressive in comparison to what they were capable of, it feels like a step back.

It didn't grab me as By The Way did, or stick with me, or make me want to just sit in my room with headphones and drift off into the world of the textures and emotions that the music created almost start to finish. It was something very different, whereas Stadium Arcadium, for the most part, was something I've heard on other Pepper's albums 100 times before and in some cases on the second disk, Mars, didn't much want to hear again.

I thought it was slightly over packed as well and there were no real mood setters or real textural pieces (Don't Forget Me and Tear from BTW spring to mind) for me aside from maybe Tell me Baby, Wet Sand, Stadium Arcadium, Hard to Concentrate, She Looks to Me and, IMO, the best song on the album Strip My Mind and out of those, only Wet Sand and Strip My Mind hit the mark like tracks off By The Way.

Stadium Arcadium has some great tracks... but unfortunatly, I don't think it's a great album.

new topics

join