It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to Join Other Nations in Alliance Against The West.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by subz
Oh we do, we do when you try to paint NATO as being completely behind the actions of the United States. Are France and Germany not part of NATO any more?

subz, be serious. You don't know why France, Germany, and Russia were against taking Saddam down?

Yes jsobecky I know they had ulterior motives for not supporting tougher action on Saddam Hussein. However, that does not change the fact that they did not support the aggressive American foreign policy of pre-emptive warfare. I think the original point is getting lost by the wayside here. Lets refocus on where we originally disagreed.

Originally posted by jsobecky
What facts do you have to support your contention that NATO countries are more worried about America than terrorism?

My fact would be that the United States said Saddam Hussein supported terrorists and had WMD's and could give them to those terrorists.

Countries such as France and Germany rejected the use of force because they more concerned with America dominating Iraq than the chances Saddam might give WMDs to terrorists. Regardless of whether France and Germany wanted to maintain their lucrative oil contracts, the fact remains that they were more concerned with American foreign policy regarding Iraq than any terrorist threat. Therefore I stand by my original assertion that even NATO countries are concerned with some American foreign policy.

Originally posted by Muaddib
Is this thread about your claims on U.S. foreign policy?...

Muaddib, the title of this thread is "Iran to Join Other Nations In Alliance Against The West". I am focusing on the stated aim of this alliance. I even directly quoted your opening post, how is that going off topic?

he said that the SCO could “ward off the threats of domineering powers to use their force against and interfere in the affairs of other states”.

It is clear that this SCO is designed to act as a deterent to "domineering powers" and to stop them interfering in the affairs of other states. I am not making this up, and it is not my argument. It is the publically stated, and quoted by yourself, aim of the SCO.

This clearly shows that this alliance is concerned with countering American foreign policy. Specifically regarding the Iranian nuclear program. How am I derailing the thread when I discuss American foreign policy and the support/opposition to it from the nations of the World?

Just because your closing paragraph chose to explore the possibility this is a long standing conspiracy of the Soviet Union does not mean I am offtopic or derailing this thread by focusing on the actual news item. If you want to specifically talk about this 50 year running Soviet conspiracy theory then create a thread which focuses on that one issue. Dont try to stiffle my right to discuss American foreign policy when it is implicitly the subject that created the SCO and is clearly mentioned in the quoted news article and by yourself.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Muaddib, the title of this thread is "Iran to Join Other Nations In Alliance Against The West". I am focusing on the stated aim of this alliance. I even directly quoted your opening post, how is that going off topic?

he said that the SCO could “ward off the threats of domineering powers to use their force against and interfere in the affairs of other states”.

It is clear that this SCO is designed to act as a deterent to "domineering powers" and to stop them interfering in the affairs of other states. I am not making this up, and it is not my argument. It is the publically stated, and quoted by yourself, aim of the SCO.

This clearly shows that this alliance is concerned with countering American foreign policy. Specifically regarding the Iranian nuclear program. How am I derailing the thread when I discuss American foreign policy and the support/opposition to it from the nations of the World?

To join in alliance against the west, with the U.S. being the main goal, which is what several Russian defectors, Chinese defectors and others who have studied this have said was the plan from the beginning.

You subz are, once again, trying to make the United States guilty of this reaction, and once again you do not want to see the facts. The fact is that this "group" has existed for at least 10 years, and that the goals of "this group" are exactly the same goals that the "master plan" had for the United States.

You want to claim that "it is because of the aggressive foreign policy of the United States that this is being done" yet you do not take in consideration that 1st the Russian government gave evidence of terrorist plots in U.S. soil by Saddam's regime since 9/11 and up to the beginning of the war, while at the same time claiming the United States had no reason for ousting Saddam's regime. the Russian government aided Saddam's regime in getting wmd, and intelliengece against coalition forces. The Russian government put the evidence in Iraq and then gave the United States part of that evidence so that the Russian government could make it's claims of the "United States commiting criminal act by attacking the regime of Saddam. 2nd Chinese militry officials did write a book in 1999 about " an unrestrictive warfare aimed against the United States which included using terrorists to make terrorist attacks on U.S. soil, as well as attacks on the U.S. economy", and 3rd if this "group" was to fight against terrorism "as they claim" then why was one of the most known terrorist regimes in the world invited to speak in a conference by such "group"?

[edit on 25-6-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Well, it is official, Iran is now part of the SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organization)

Greater China
Apr 18, 2006
China, Russia welcome Iran into the fold
By M K Bhadrakumar

The Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), which maintained it had no plans for expansion, is now changing course. Mongolia, Iran, India and Pakistan, which previously had observer status, will become full members. SCO's decision to welcome Iran into its fold constitutes a political statement. Conceivably, SCO would now proceed to adopt a common position on the Iran nuclear issue at its summit meeting June 15.

Speaking in Beijing as recently as January 16, the organization's secretary general Zhang Deguang had been quoted by Xinhua news agency as saying: "Absorbing new member states needs a legal basis, yet the SCO has no rules concerning the issue. Therefore, there is no need for some Western countries to worry whether India, Iran or other countries would become new members."

www.atimes.com...

<< 1  2  3   >>

join