It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

electric charge repels and gays

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Why does positive charge repels positive charge?

and why does negative charge repels negative charge?

What are the factors to cause them repulsive force?

Yesterday in Physics class I began to find the answer then I ask my teacher about this,
first he didn't answer but told the question
at last I asked again and he told 'it's a force nature.'

I and my friends didn't satisfy for those words at all,because it's not the answer
it's just "Who cares? I don't know."

and then we asked girls,they told like this 'It is being from time inmemorial.'.....

Seriously I and my friends are finding the theory of that question.
We eager to know very much.

Can you answer?

sup:

My friend compared the + as women ,- as men

He said today gays increase
and in the future why should not be - attracts -,+ attracts +

lol

[edit on 19-6-2006 by bscale]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Here is a webpage that might put a little light on the subject at hand, but it is not for light reading, it is basically a disclaimer on pin pointing how the universe and Einstien's rule of relativity evade natural human characteristics as a whole. Like I said , Not light reading, but very informative to say the least...

home.iprimus.com.au...

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Thank you,
maybe the answer is in front of me

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I often asked this same question back in Physics, and other classes...

Okay so like charges repell, and opposite charges attract.
Great... but why?

I understand why opposite charges attract. That became obvious to me.
But like charges... I often wondered about that. I figured it out in the end, but I still cant put it into words for the life of me... its one of those things where my mind worked on it overnight... decyphered it, and figured it out, but I just cant put it into words.

Heck, my understanding of how to get something from nothing (the big bang) took me only a few weeks to figure out how to explain to other people... but something as simple as this, I still cant explain to other people properly.

[edit on 19-6-2006 by johnsky]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I still waiting for the great one who can explain it...

too hard for everyone

apc

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Explanation for what?

You want an explanation for electrostatic repulsion or for why this doesn't apply to homosexuals? Very odd question as the two are completely unrelated. The comparison is flawed at its foundation.

The former, you're talking quantum mechanics and potentially unification... the latter, biological evolution (an increase being a likely result of social trend and overpopulation). Nothing to do with why electrons and protons repel [other electrons and protons, resp]. They will always repel eachother, forever and ever.

[edit on 20-6-2006 by apc]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
apc is just not understand and I won't offense.
anyway thanks for replied.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I guess the appropriate response would be another question -

How come when a man and a woman walk past each other and get just a little too close, they don't get slammed into each other by some invisible force and stuck together like the + and - of 2 magnets?

How come when two people of the same sex walk past each other and get just a little too close, they aren't repelled away from each other by some invisible force and fly through the air away from each other and get knocked on their butts?

See - when you look at the question that way, it shows you that you CANNOT compare people to refrigerator magnets.

[edit on 6/20/06 by paulthefourth]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Okay so like charges repell, and opposite charges attract.
Great... but why?

All righty, have you tried asking yourself a question -- how do I define like charge versus opposite charge?

Think hard.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AelitaAll righty, have you tried asking yourself a question -- how do I define like charge versus opposite charge?

Think hard.

Good answer.

I don't think he will get it, though.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Did you know that if you bring together a pair of free radicals, they can form a homolytic bond?

So, you better not get between a couple of hippies.

new topics

top topics

join