It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will our brains eventually evolve so great that brains exceed such intelligence as an I.Q. of 500

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Generally the bell shaped curve of IQ indicates a scale between 60 and 140, whereas the mid point of average is an IQ of 100. Nonetheless the highest Guiness recorded IQ is Marilyn vos Savant who depending upon the test scored from 167 to 230. She is married to artificial heart pioneer Robert Jarvik, writing a Parade Magazine column since 1986.

William James Sidis. a prodigy has had his IQ estimated from 200 to 500. The problem of such evaluations depends upon different testing methods, and such estimates are statistically skewered by small sampling.

It is my opinion that if you can search Google, your functional IQ is beyond limits, given any point of understanding IQ as the ability to respond to questions accurately and consistently. Outside of such cyborg notions, IQ within humanly established parameters is possibly questionable on many levels, since most human knowledge is specialized hence diverse in its summations. All of these things are interesting, however it may be useful to gauge such things within some perspective of having an art of living. Nothing can really substitute for simply liking people and moving ahead in life with various depths of friendship. Making enemies may be considered towards the lower scale on my idea of an intelligence quotient as social intelligence. Conversely having a wealth of social understanding is beyond limits.

One thoughtful viewpoint is much the same as the well worn moral view "what profit a man to gain the world, but lose his soul?" In the same manner gathering IQ points for diabolical and nefarious purposes, rather than raising the social IQ of self and others is futile and self defeating of a broader interpretation of intelligence as a generalist vision.

[edit on 23-8-2006 by SkipShipman]

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Sidis was an amazing fellow. Unfortunately, he was plagued by people that mis-understood his ways of thinking. After several months of research into the concecpt of IQ, I'm now of the opinion that it is meaningless on the whole. It is a useful tool to identify the potential in gifted individuals, but should no more be the goal of mankind, than aquiring more money.

I now believe that every human born has the potential for connecting with the all the existing and future knowledge of humankind. It is the difference between knowing something and learning something. Our potential before its conditioned out of us, is to grasp our heritage of knowing. This potential is locked up in our DNA not our brains. Once the DNA is activated, our brains follow.

Those with extremely high IQ's simply find the path to knowing more easily than the rest of us.

<< 1   >>

join