It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have a look at this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I don't want this image destoryed by NASA so be careful

This is the google search: "nasa photos raw" in the image section

The photo of Saturn is: the one to see Saturn is five times the size of earth

That ship passing by is very very big!

"raw" is the keyword at nasa -- A man went to jail for finding this out.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
its forbidden lol

saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

everyone click that to see it

it doesnt seem to much of anything though maybe a just a flare on the camera.

the items transparent

[edit on 19-6-2006 by DalairTheGreat]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
i blew the pic up for anyone that still cant see

mod edit: reduced image size to restore page format

[edit on 20-6-2006 by sanctum]

Dae

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DalairTheGreat
it doesnt seem to much of anything though maybe a just a flare on the camera.

the items transparent

Yeah thats what I thought too, but the object seems to be cylindrical and the edges are 'cut off' at an angle.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It is an interesting photo but I would like to know a bit more about what we're looking at here.

Is this a real time snap, time elapsed or what. How fast was cassini moving and in what direction lots and lots of x's.

Though it does kind of remind me of the old phobos chestnut if any others remember that:
www.science-frontiers.com...

Neat photo but of what who knows at the moment.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
hup two in a row.

From the cassini-huygens faq:

Why is the image smeared?

The Cassini spacecraft is moving very fast through the Saturnian system. When the cameras are taking pictures of objects very far away this doesn't matter too much. However, if Cassini is taking images of a moon during a close flyby, the change in distance or position during the exposure can cause the image to be smeared -- much like taking pictures of close-by things from a fast moving car.

Also, many instruments may be taking data at the same time but the spacecraft pointing for the observation would have been generated by a single instrument team. In this case, a mistake or miscommunication could result in an image being taken while the spacecraft was turning from one position to another.

Here's a link to the FAQ page:
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

So again nothing definitive but I'm gonna put my money on not an alien craft.

IMO of course and as usual.

Spider

Dae

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Having a little browse through at these wonderful nasa images I found this beaut.

Is that another probe?

Found at: Cassini - Saturn raw images

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
You see; not so funny is it! "lights in the sky" is it?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Here some more pic's .... This guy says its a mothership and he was there.
You jundge for yourself.

www.thecomingoftan.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
"Ooo look at what I just found

Having a little browse through at these wonderful nasa images I found this beaut."

That object in that pic has no clear defined shape and i notived a couple of stars slightly smeared i think it could be either A: Camera artifact B: Smeared star due to speed at which Cassini is moving.

In regards to the post above with the supposed mother ship

I think it is important that people click the link with the image details in which they state:

"This image has not been validated or calibrated."
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

However I must admit that I cannot explain what I am seeing and NASA does not specify what is shown in the image other then they took the picture.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
lol, im guessing you didnt click the link wenty made right about above you

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I've seen it all before; but just look at the Saturn shot -- Does the UFO have to look like the F-15, or the X-15 for that matter.. One last thing:
How does going to light speed look?
Why does light bend at that speed?
Why does there seem to be a flash when witnessing this fact?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The "mothership" image looks to me like the same thing that is at the begining of this thread, just turned more horizontal.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I see nothing convincing in any of these photos. I think some of you may be looking to hard for something that isn't there. You have to remember these are "raw" photos that have not been calibrated or anything. There are many explanations (most already given in this thread) for what you are seeing.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Keep in mind that essentially all speeds are relative to something else. For example, the Earth is rotating and moving around the Sun, so you are moving through space even when you are "at rest" relative to the ground. In this case Saturn.

I said "essentially" because there is one exception... the speed of light is always the same (specifically, 300000 km/s) to all observers , regardless of the speed of the observer or the light emitter (in this case, the spaceship). This is not very intuitive, as I hope seeing it was as a explanation was. So even if you are traveling at 150000 km/s, a beam of light would still pass you going 300000 km/s or approach you going 300000 km/s. What happens is that as you travel faster and approach the speed of light, distances shorten and time slows down so that light still travels at 300000 km/s relative to you. This is not just a theory... these effects have been observed in experiments. According to Einstein's equations, it is impossible for anything with mass to reach the speed of light. So the answer to the first lol question is that you couldn't be traveling at the speed of light, but even if you were traveling at close to the speed of light, you would still be able to illuminate your camra and shine some light on a target outside. The speed of a exposure is negligible compared to the speed of light, so in that case we don't have to worry about these effects. Some day you'll know the numbers of photos taken in space and NONE NONE look like this one of the series of shots taken and then classified "ATS" Lastly, you can see other views of the ship by reading the posts above.

A good general-level book on these topics is Einstein's Universe by Nigel Calder.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Even if you were traveling near the speed of light wouldn't your mass still increase?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The link below will help you know; What NASA knows about this subject:

www.scienceblog.com...

From here you can re-look at the photos and then reply

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dae
Having a little browse through at these wonderful nasa images I found this beaut.

Is that another probe?

Found at: Cassini - Saturn raw images

looks like a rock, comet, whatever with the sun shining on one side

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I'll admit there are some interesting photos here, but there is no way to tell what we are seeing. Let's say for instance we can agree that one or more of these photos show a ship of some sort, how can we be sure. How can we know it isn't a lighting effect (such as reverse light)? There are just too many open ends with these pictures. I guess that's the way it is though huh?

new topics

top topics

join