It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does what YOU u vision or think sometimes come true?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
Dae

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6
I think you're an interesting and original thinker !

Aww thanks! But I doubt I have had an original thought. I didnt read about this granted, and I did 'make it all up' myself. However a quick google search landed me on a superstring theory forum which didnt say much but I did find this,

Quantum time waits for no cosmos

THE INTRIGUING notion that time might run backwards when the Universe collapses has run into difficulties. Raymond Laflamme, of the Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico, has carried out a new calculation which suggests that the Universe cannot start out uniform, go through a cycle of expansion and collapse, and end up in a uniform state.... Physicists have long puzzled over the fact that two distinct "arrows of time" both point in the same direction.

Amd apparently a long time ago in a galaxy far far away some dude called Thomas Gold had this same idea of time reversal!

Many years ago, Thomas Gold suggested that these two arrows might be linked. That would mean that if and when the expansion of the Universe were to reverse, then the everyday arrow of time would also reverse, with broken cups re-assembling themselves.

Pretty funky huh? The thing is, how are we to know which direction its going in? My money is on backwards and dinosaurs will once again walk the earth!

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dae

Originally posted by Dock6
I think you're an interesting and original thinker !

Many years ago, Thomas Gold suggested that these two arrows might be linked. That would mean that if and when the expansion of the Universe were to reverse, then the everyday arrow of time would also reverse, with broken cups re-assembling themselves.

Pretty funky huh? The thing is, how are we to know which direction its going in? My money is on backwards and dinosaurs will once again walk the earth!

In my belive everything works in a circle, so yes eventually we will come back to the point where Dinosource will walk the earth and we'll be monkeys or something els for that part.

<< 1   >>

join