Freemasonry: a mason's perspective.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hmm all these crazy Psycho Christian Fanatical websites have finally prompted me to say one thing...None of them know anything just as none of you

It is meant that way, but for some reason ONLY christianity seems to call us devil worshippers, well not for some reason, many reasons actually, for one, we do a greater service to humanity then they ever could, even when there are MANY, if not most, christian Freemasons christianity still calls them misguided, and that they should return to "jesus"

I myself have no problem with christianity, but they seem to put out a lot of Bunk, my brain has been really tested for the past many months as I've read REASON AFTER REASON AFTER REASON, as to WHY Freemasonry IS Satanic.

In my opinion Christianity and Freemasonry have never gotten along, a good example is with the Knights Templar. Another is the fact that if there wasn't a pope at the head of it, it was satanic, therfore since the middle ages christianity has attacked Freemasonry, but to no avail of course.

Only the riteous can attack the wicked, not the other way around, with all the "church" scandals and tithes and laundering of money, Christianity, particularly Catholism has lost MUCH accredability to any athority it may have had.

Let us not forget that for nearly 1000 years READING was forbidden to any but clergy or higher church officials, and heads of state. This of course is where the Mass Came from, as a way of preaching God's word without having them learn how to read. That truly is a satanic practice, keeping your "to be saved souls" in the dark, so that you can better control them in life.

That of course is not to say Masonry is anymore spotless, but it's always upheld the ideas that America is founded upon, ideas no one can say is evil, something Catholism in particular has not fully grasped.

And the rest of christianity is either usually dark on the subject, or are so zealous, they don't review things with a critical eye, if their church says Freemasonry is the devil then it must be so.

Well as I said, what do they know? This last article I read they didn't even get the Ritual right, AND THAT IS PUBLIC INFORMATION!

God only knows what THEY think the secret of freemasonry is!

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 07:46 PM
link   
To all those who want fear masonry as a "secret society" or what not, this site can't better explain what masonry is in a nut-shell...

njfreemasonry.org...

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 11:02 PM
link   
hmmm....I read the whole thing about what it is and it "sounds" like a fine organazatin.

Do new people have a hard time getting in, like do you have to know people?

How hard is it to complete the Master Mason Degree?

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 11:08 PM
link   
That all varies, usually you just have to ask and they'll help you find your sponsors, but as for how hard it is to attain the "3rd" degree =D that REALLY varries

I think it is the Grand Lodge of Illinois, but they now have a plan for "people too busy to spend the time" in masonry, where basically you go from initiate to master mason in 1 day, which I am unsure how they do this, because it is a law that you must remain an entered apprentice for no LESS then one month...confusing times ~.~

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Tell me 'Freemason'...what is the history of your Fraternity? Tell me how it is that you can detract from hundreds of years of research done by Freemasons, and Anti Masons, and ex-Freemasons and admissions by those exalted within the Order? Another question, why would Masonic Historians and Founding Masters even allude to Luciferic worship if, well, it just isn't true?

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 11:45 PM
link   

From njfreemasonry.org... While commonly called "Masons" by most people, the correct reference term is "Freemasons".

Heh! A lot of people I hear from, they still believe that Masons & Freemasons are two seperate organizations.
I think you guys ought to get out the Lodge a bit more often & talk more about your group...Fewer such misunderstandings that way...

Nice site, but I just couldn't help pointing this out.

However, I'd still like to sit back & hear your answers to those questions...

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Well Masons aren't really an organization, it's an occupation so quite simple enough, you don't call Brian a brain...he'd get annoyed

As for the masonic historians, they still are just people with human objectives, in my opinion what they were really stating has actually been over-exagerated by the "attackers".

A lot of the basis for "devil-worshipping" are hillarious, you want a good laugh just go to the link where I got my avatar...that site is a funny example of how the enemies of freemasonry twist what even the masonic historians were saying.

Sincerely,
no signature

PS. oh and for the history, I've got a GREAT reference for you to read....

The Temple and the Lodge by Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh c. 1989, Arcade Publishing, New York.

It's actually more about the history of freemasonry without all the "anti-mason" drivel and all the freemason's over-exageration. A very unbiased book.

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I noticed on the NJMason site the youth organization for the boys was de Molay. Jacques de Molay was a Templar yet on this other site made by a mason that defended masons on numerous accusations said that masons aren't associated with the Templars or something close to it yet the boy's organization is called de Molay and there's a rank in masonry called Knight Templar. Oops!
One more thing, if freemasonry is A OK then why would people be making "crazy" accusations and drawing parallels to bad stuff? There has to be a logical explanation for this. I mean you don't see people protesting high school football and accusing it of this or that without reason, except in the case of steroids or other related stuff from time to time. After all there's bad apples in every group. Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Sandman it's because it is not open to the public as much as most would like and has been influential in the past, and so is target of ridicule, plus it's ideals are liberal compared to the Roman Catholic ideals and therefore has become much subject of roman catholic oppression...and what is this "pro-masonry" site that says we DON'T have any affiliation with the knights templar??? I'd like to read that myself.

I'm wondering if the guy was just saying that there is no "real" connection, because that is more or less debatable.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I've already read that. I've got a great reference for you to read, Albert Pikes 'Morals and Dogma'. It is written by the creator of the York Rite degrees. If you have trouble getting a hold of this book, I can give you MANY direct quotes referring to the worship of Lucifer.
The trouble is that many Freemasons don't bother to, or aren't interested in cross referencing the symbols and rituals with those of other religions and therefore do not recognize the obvious parallels. It is like saying your white cat is a different species because the colour is different from that of a black cat. As far as it goes...you still didn't answer any questions. As well, here is some food for thought, on pg.819 Mr. Pike writes (Morals and Dogma) "The Blue Degrees (the first three degrees of both York and Scottish Rite, called the Blue Lodge) are but the outer court or portico of the Temple. Part of the symbols are displayed there to the Initiate, but he is intentionally mislead by false interpretations. It is not intended that he shall understand them; but it is intended that shall imagine he understands them. Their true explication is reserved for the Adepts, the Princes of Masonry."

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 10:18 AM
link   
FreeMasons are actually Jews belonging to a secret society that say they are just a "brotherhood" BUT in actual the high members of the society are into very evil things, involved in murders and what not. (FreeMason) what do you think you are doing? Trying to divert our attention from your NEW world Order? Believe me..your masonic beliefs will never avail!
Too many people will not let it happen and when it comes i will be the first to overthrow this fake name of brotherhood.

Orion Sirius

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 06:09 PM
link   
LoL Ma, many symbols that are now "satanic" were not satanic in origin, and many of freemasonry's symbols are taken from that....hell even christianity used to bare the Hexagram, before Judaism ever adopted it.

The trouble is exactly what you should NOT do, and that is judge others with your own beliefs...The swastika is a big part in indian beliefs and greek mythology as well as native american beliefs...does that make them all Nazis?

I say no...as any reasonable person would, so why is it they don't share the same reasoning with Freemasonry??? Solely because they aren't freemasons.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Freemason,In a post somewhere else you asked for comments on this so here goes.

I've not thought Freemasonry was a "danger"for a long time now.
I believe Freemasonry is open to all people who recognise one true God.So Muslims,Jews,and Christian are all welcome I've heard.The Catholic church sees membership as a contradiction with it's own doctrines.
The Masons I know do a lot of charitable work.
I'm not a member so I wouldn't know of any perks there might be.
There's been an attempt in the last 10 years to de-mystify Freemasonry in the UK at least.I think as long as people can't join who would like to it will alway seem controversial.
1 day members?I think if you can't spare the time to acquaint yourself with what it means to be a member you're not going to have the time to participate properly.

And the third degree.Which I believe is based on a murder of ??? by ??? and ??? well....Don't wear your best trousers

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Heh...good ol' Hiram Abiff, and that one day member thing pisses me off
but not much I can do....................................................................YET

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 01:55 PM
link   
How long have you been a Mason?

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 06:54 PM
link   
when the masonry first originated... didn't they torture catholics and drive them out of their towns or villages?

please confirm this...

[Edited on 15-11-2002 by echelon]

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 09:15 PM
link   
No, the Masons didn't do that. They weren't created until that late 1700's... and all the torturing and driving out of town was pretty much done and gone on the European continent. The only ones who got driven out of town and tortured were Blacks, American Indians, and people of other races. And it wasn't just Masons doing that, I assure you.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I was talking about the European Freemasonry from around that time.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Hmm masonry in its modern form started about 1600 and formally formed in 1717 but traces its leniage back to 1015 BC, and never tortured or pillaged or pursecuted, you are confusing Freemasonry with Catholicism.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 01:15 AM
link   
then it must be more misleading info. created by the vatican...

because it's supposedly one of the reasons why the Church condemns Freemasonry... and also one of the main reasons why the kofc was created...
"Protecting Catholic Families for Generations, 1882 - 2002"

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join