It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets apply Quantum Physics this week

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
mecheng- I'll stand by my previous recommendation of Dyer's "Power of Intention"

Thanks for the link. I read the first page and it really struck a nerve (in a good way) with me. I'll have to read more when I have time.

I just recently went through an experience that I'd like to share regarding positive thinking and also self doubt that I feel shows how powerful this concept really is (maybe it really isn't but since it happened to me it sure felt that way). I will share it later on my thread about sharing positive thinking experiences so I don't bog this thread down. When I get more time it'lll be at www.abovetopsecret.com...
Feel free to join in with your experiences. I'd love to hear about them.

[edit on 23-6-2006 by mecheng]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The power of the mind is the ability to post knowingly false information or down right ridiculous information to influence a person with a certain objective in mind. I am sorry, but just thinking it won't make it happen. There is no magic fairy who sprinkles pixie dust and makes your dreams come true.

As far as the quantum mechanics part goes, it takes years of studying and learning to understand whatever the hell it is. I hardly doubt that the Walt Disney concepts in Peter Pan will ever work due to quantum mechanics.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
enaught,

What do you know about Quantum Physics? Seriously, have you applied it and try to make it work in your life or are you saying this because this is your opinion?

As for me, i have been doing real well as far as throwing the negativity in my personal life out the window...notice i said personal and not political

I've been into this for little over a week and see a big difference in myself and my attitude towards certain things- The beauty of this is that its almost instantaneous, and no, you do not have to become a Master at this....It works. And it works for anyone who wants it. You DO have to want it, though. If you're skeptical, that's even better. I was.

All the best.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
If I may say plainly: I do not know anything about quantum mechanics. I have never read a text book or a popular science book about it in my life. I can say however, that the prerequisities for learning quantum mechanics is a bit different than learning what quantum mechanics is about.

I have no problem with anyone that enjoys philosophy of science. It is a misuse, however, for someone to state that they can apply quantum mechancis when tunnelling, eroding, etc whatever negative vibes they have (I can only say this with limited confidence). I don't mean to sound derogatory, but this is like hippie/snake-oil salesmen territory for me.

Myslef, I am a caculus guy, interested in geometry and algebra more so than I am physics. Because of this, I am apprehensive to believe any of what has been stated not only because of my lack of knowledge on the subject, more so because I find the lack of corroborating proof to follow up what has been stated within this subject (of applying quantume physics) a disadvantage to its objective. I think the topic has been seriously rendered as fools' gold in most peoples minds.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I have an idea. Why don't we all apply the power of positive thinking to help out William One Sac whose battling cancer. No matter whether you believe in positive thinking or not, it can't hurt...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

GOOD LUCK WOS! I PRAY FOR YOUR FULL RECOVERY!

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
I have an idea. Why don't we all apply the power of positive thinking to help out William One Sac whose battling cancer. No matter whether you believe in positive thinking or not, it can't hurt...

GOOD LUCK WOS! I PRAY FOR YOUR FULL RECOVERY!
I am and i am very glad you pointed this out. Collectively and single handedly we can all project very energetic and strong vivrations in order to help our friend in need.
Thank you-

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Greetings all...

Along the lines of WOS's recovery...

My mother was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer 9 years ago...
The doctors gave her little to no chance of recovery... (they gave her less than 6 months, and .05% chance).

Against all odds, she held to the belief that she could conquer this disease regardless...
She concieved of a life that overcame it, she visualized a future with her grandkids, and imagined a long healthy life (even though every doctor was telling her to "be realistic"- they didn't want her dissapointed in a different result).

Of course, she tried every holistic method of treatment along with the traditional methods, but added her faith in a good outcome to them all.

At one point, she had to commit her husband to the "9th floor" because he was emotionally a wreck, and was a very bad influence on her "positiveness".

During this time, I was her "positive will buddy". My job was to keep an open mind to healing for her... NO MATTER WHAT!

I learned to excel at focusing on positive, and disregarding negative during that time... By her and my will alone, we set her body to healing. (no one else would be hopeful... and that was a negative effect on her).

WE overcame... WE surprised every doctor as her brain mets all but dissapeared...
We shocked the hell out of the establishment when the tumorous cells in her lungs started to go away...

She was well on her way to being a .05% survivor... and even many of the doctors started to believe in miracles...
then she came down with a blood clot due to a side effect of one of the treatments
... one that is "fixable" in more than 50% of cases...

the doctors decided to not do surgery, or other invasive treatment due to the cancer...
THEY said that without intervention, the clot would kill her in less than a day. The surgeon on call, said that she was a very poor candidate, due to her having a cancer in a stage that only about .05% survived (this doctor wasn't appraised of the stunning success she had already succedded in).
My crazy stepfather (the one that was commited) decided to prevent further effort to save her at such a "small chance" of survival... Against all my protests...
and the very Christian doctor agreed (gods will be done and all that)

Well, it was a crazy mans "will" done that day...
"GODS" WILL WAS THAT SHE SURVIVE! as evidenced by the fact that she already had against all odds...
I defy anyone to tell me that her positive thinking wasn't the crucual difference in her survival... She had already done the hard part... all the doctors and my stepdad needed to do was carry it over the finish line...
and THEY gave up... she didn't...
In the end, she defied the doctors prognosis again...
She lasted an extra day, than the doctor gave her...

So in short... be positive, or get the hell out of the way, and let the competent positive minds do their job!
and NEVER doom/curse someone with your words!
Blessed be to all!

and WOS, if you happen to read this...
dont you dare let anyone tell you what your chances are... what the hell do they know about YOU!

[edit on 26-6-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Awesome story Lazarus. I'm sorry it ended the way it did. Your mom sounds like an incredible person, a real fighter! You should be proud to have helped her in the manner you did.

As for WOS, stay positive! You WILL get through this!

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I was thinking about the "WTBDWK" video and some of the theories it presents regarding quantum physics. Two questions came to mind this weekend that I was wondering if someone more knowlegeable could address:

1. If I remember correctly, in the movie, they claim that QP has proven that particles (not sure which ones) are really in many different places at the same time but only in one place once they have been observed. This was was then extrapolated to mean that the observer can influence reality.

If this is true, does that mean that the same particle can be observed differently by two or more different observers which then should mean that your reality is different than mine? How would that be possible when you and I are observing the same thing, at the same time, in the same dimension?

2. In the video they claimed that Christopher Columbus' ships were not visible by the average indian because they didn't know what a 'ship' was.

Could this be why we don't see aliens, ghosts, monsters, etc... because we have been told since we were young that there's no such thing, that they aren't 'real'? I thought about this when my daughter, who is 3 and doesn't know better said she was afraid of ET and I told her there's no such thing... but maybe there really is

BTW - I'm stilling praying hard for you WOS!

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I was thinking about the "WTBDWK" video and some of the theories it presents regarding quantum physics. Two questions came to mind this weekend that I was wondering if someone more knowlegeable could address:

1. If I remember correctly, in the movie, they claim that QP has proven that particles (not sure which ones) are really in many different places at the same time but only in one place once they have been observed. This was was then extrapolated to mean that the observer can influence reality.

If this is true, does that mean that the same particle can be observed differently by two or more different observers which then should mean that your reality is different than mine? How would that be possible when you and I are observing the same thing, at the same time, in the same dimension?

Excellent question...

well, depending on what you believe to be real first of all, unless your a trained scientist or shaman or someone who pays attention VERY closely to small details, you won't be aware of certain patterns like the columbus thing, but you have to be told about something by someone you already believe or have UTTER faith in.. a family member most times won't work because of past let downs..

Although... someone who is influencing someones reality conciously.. (I'd use Don Juans use of this against Carlos Castenada, making his car disappear) I would say a groups reality is the same, governed and created by the most powerful/clear projection being a combined effort at that point but when by yourself that reality is influenced by a more powerful "reality generator" being a past pattern intakes (the past) I believe the world looks like a mess of colors to children.. although I don't even know if that would be accurate considering they don't know what color is yet. although I would say when your by yourself, if you give yourself enough faith you can alter reality on a large scale, after-all we can only see whatever we have been told, billions and billions of years ago, when we first "were" whatever started our thought, or our beliefs from the beginning have shaped our entire existance. Just like a child, the human grew up in a similar manner not knowing anything an being told... or figuring it out on his own.. (which I find unlikely)

2. In the video they claimed that Christopher Columbus' ships were not visible by the average indian because they didn't know what a 'ship' was.

Could this be why we don't see aliens, ghosts, monsters, etc... because we have been told since we were young that there's no such thing, that they aren't 'real'? I thought about this when my daughter, who is 3 and doesn't know better said she was afraid of ET and I told her there's no such thing... but maybe there really is

BTW - I'm stilling praying hard for you WOS!

Thats exactly why we can't see or believe a lot of things... it'd be great to unbelieve all the negative things wouldn't it? .. or to believe in some unbelievable things like having tea with an alien or a gnome.. chill with some monsters and get smashed.. ? lol
Makes you rethink the 60's ... I think we're running out of the peace and love fuel they stocked us with...

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLongI defy anyone to tell me that her positive thinking wasn't the crucual difference in her survival

Not to sound derogatory, but I will tell you that the key difference in whether she lived or not was the treatment administered to her by the MD's, not the positive thinking.

I was thinking about the "WTBDWK" video and some of the theories it presents regarding quantum physics.

It is a movie

Originally posted by mechengIf this is true, does that mean that the same particle can be observed differently by two or more different observers

THis sounds like relativity, which in fact is true: no two observers see the same event the same way.

Originally posted by mechengHow would that be possible when you and I are observing the same thing, at the same time, in the same dimension?

Position and speed

Originally posted by mecheng2. In the video they claimed that Christopher Columbus' ships were not visible by the average indian because they didn't know what a 'ship' was.

Irrelevant and riddiculous. How did Colombus and his crew spot the Indians?

Originally posted by mechengwe have been told since we were young that there's no such thing, that they aren't 'real'?

No. Some of us have been told to believe in god, angels, devil and demons.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by enaught

Not to sound derogatory, but I will tell you that the key difference in whether she lived or not was the treatment administered to her by the MD's, not the positive thinking.

Wow. Must be great to be so sure. I'd humbly suggest you look into things like The UCLA-NPI Cousins Center for Psychoneuroimmunology.

Dismissing out of hand the power of the patient's belief as being a (if not THE) primary driver in recovery or improvement certainly runs counter to the current mainstream thought.

I don't think we know the exact How or Why, but the fact of it can't reasonably be dismissed.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

WOW... you are mister negative nelly...
Please allow me to educate you on small cell lung cancer...
It is one of the most lethal... my mom had it late stage (already in the brain)

when a doctor gives a .05% chance at survival...they have already given up...
they know the medicine will just be good for extra insurance payments...not for actually healing the patient...

the success here, is the small percentage that even science allows for the "miracle factor"

Her doctors were surprised by her success... they all kept expecting the worse from the test results... and when they would come back better than before... they would always say " dont get too hopeful, there could be a backslide"

Doctors were not what healed her (they called it miraculous)... she and i take credit for that...

the same medicines are used today, with no better success...
many people with this phase of cancer, and this type, dont even bother to get treated... they just try to do something they enjoy before they die...

My mom didn't give up, and in so doing, proved them all wrong...
She learned of this chance at healing, thru testimonys of other high risk survivors...
when you read a testimonial about someone who has fought a battle that no one believed you can win, and do... it becomes that "touch of beleif" that someone needs to see a way to success.

Attribute her success to medicine if you want, but her Doctors dont agree...
they said it would take a miracle, and it did... one that they dont lay claim to...

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
her Doctors dont agree...
they said it would take a miracle

Do you think this implies that positive thinking was the key to her cure? Specifically, what is a miracle?

Doctors do not have all the answers and do not see eye-to-eye on certain topics, however, as far as I can tell, this is not grounds for the dismissal of the medicine and medical treatment she received as being the primary factor in her survival.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
enaught,
I'll let you argue it with the statisticians... because you are one stubborn cuss...

go ahead... tell em you think that medical history, and statistics are wrong...

first you bat against the power of a postive mind... and now you are batting against the scientific and medical world and its historic basis...

Buddy, you are going to need the power of positive thinking to go up against that amount of common knowledge...

as for me, when the doctors told me it was a miracle, i felt like they were finally catching up to what WE already knew...

(also* i would usually agree with you on the doctors not knowing... BUT, I did the research here, and universally doctors the world over, have had no success in treating this stage of small cell cancer... the unique survivors are considered miracles, if you would like further proof here, i would be glad to point you at the websites i used to research it)

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hey... Check this out!

I ask you, coincidence???

[edit on 26-6-2006 by mecheng]

[edit on 26-6-2006 by mecheng]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
LazarusTheLong,

I did not come here to argue with medical doctors and statisticians.

I do not think it is good that you are jumping to such conclusions so quickly. And you state that medical professionals have not a method to their knowledge and understanding that cures small cell lung cancer; so why state that there is a miracle involved? What is a miracle to be more specific?

Here is my analogy on the situation: say you are given a math problem and you find out that an answer exist but you do not know what the answer is.
Equivalently: there is a cure but doctors do not know what it is.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   

LazarusTheLong,

Here is my analogy on the situation: say you are given a math problem and you find out that an answer exist but you do not know what the answer is.
Equivalently: there is a cure but doctors do not know what it is.

You are right... there was a cure... and the doctors didnt' know what it was... because nothing medically could explain it...
But I know what the answer is... and so do you...
you just refuse to accept it...

thats ok... so it doesn't work for you... it worked for us...

every heard of a placebo? doctors dont know how those work either...
But i do...

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Wow if this is true, can you form a positive thinking group to stop global warming?
Humans can go on to pollute the planet if we know that this can prevent global warming.

I don't think anyone will need to take any action to stop the pollution, just think positivily and the problems will stop.

Don't get me wrong, I think that it can work in some cases to certain degree, but i still think we should take responisbility for our actions.

We will never learn from our mistakes if we do our worst and think we can get away with it by using positive thinking and not to taking any responisble action to correct the problem. Isn't this why some people pray? Hoping that God will forgive them for their sins?

Not only will we become a spoiled bunch but a race of people who thinks that they can get away with any misdeeds.

Our collective positive thoughts maybe a powerful force, but we must make sure we use it responisblily and take care not to cause the problem in the first place with our wicked actions.

That is what's wrong with our race, we think we can get away with anything.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ixiy
Wow if this is true, can you form a positive thinking group to stop global warming?
Humans can go on to pollute the planet if we know that this can prevent global warming.

I don't think anyone will need to take any action to stop the pollution, just think positivily and the problems will stop.

Don't get me wrong, I think that it can work in some cases to certain degree, but i still think we should take responisbility for our actions.

We will never learn from our mistakes if we do our worst and think we can get away with it by using positive thinking and not to taking any responisble action to correct the problem. Isn't this why some people pray? Hoping that God will forgive them for their sins?

Not only will we become a spoiled bunch but a race of people who thinks that they can get away with any misdeeds.

Our collective positive thoughts maybe a powerful force, but we must make sure we use it responisblily and take care not to cause the problem in the first place with our wicked actions.

That is what's wrong with our race, we think we can get away with anything.

Boy oh boy are you wrong..
I didn't read your whole post... nice sarcasm..

You totally misunderstand positive thinking... it doesn't mean you sit on you assss and positively think about the world..

Its about looking at EVERYTHING positively... OMG... I don't understand why this is so difficult to understand.

It doesn't mean sitting there and wishing or hoping for magical things to happen, none of this is magic...

The point of it is: When you think of ANYTHING in a negative light, it creates negativity..
Now if you were to think of everything as positive, we would be searching out the positive in all things thus bringing our existance slowly into perfection

Positive thinking doesn't mean a smudge of positive thinking on a massive amount of negativity.

I love how everyone thinks QP, or positive thinking entails being a lazy-asss when in actuality its the judgemental people who are, making no effort to think positively.

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join