It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing 787 "Dreamliner"

page: 1

join
share:
ISJ

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well there is lots of fact and mentions on various other threads, so here are a few links and tit-bits of info.

External Source (Boeing Web Site With 787 Overview)

Boeing recently announced the Singapore Airlines order for 20 aircraft with expected delivery dates of 2011, but since then Quantas has ordered 45 and a few more 1->4 sales have been announced, bringing the total orders to 69 already!

External Source (Boeings Order Table)

I guess all other info / details should go on this thread as and when it happens.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I see on the order table that someone cancelled three 787's this year. Anyone have any idea who or why?

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Flight

Chinese carrier Xiamen Airlines has become the first operator to cancel a firm 787 order, Flight has discovered.

The cancellation was booked as an unspecified drop of three 787s on Boeing’s latest online net order report, which was released yesterday. At the same time, the order book to 13 June also shows a decrease in the 10 Boeing 737 cancellations recorded by the manufacturer two weeks ago to four 737s.

They did some thinking and now want six 737-800s instead of the three 787 they had ordered.

See also the Seattle Times article.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Thanks zion
I thought it was a bit strange as there are no problems with the 787 beyone what anyone might expect at this stage in its dfevelopment. I see it was for commercial reasons.

new topics

top topics

join