It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Camelot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
We have all heard about King Arthur and his famous Round Table, searching out for the Holy Grail, and even though its considered by many, to be myth, have a read of this.

heritage.scotsman.com...

Mmmm thought provoking.

If you also read some of the other myths on this site, you'll be suprised. I've known many of them since childhood and wonder how much truth there may really be in them.

Willie

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
One thing I noticed in my pouring-over-maps days was that Edinburgh and Bristol are almost on the same longitude. Glastonbury is another key Camelot area, and in the last few years was found another old fort just outside Bristol (which is not far from Glastonbury) - the whole area there still has a lot of standing stones which seem to have in the past connected up to the ones in Brittany in France.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Typical of the bloody Scots, claiming that Artos was one of them! The truth is far more complex. Artos (Latin for bear), if he existed, would have been Romano-British, one of the last great war lords in the old provice of Britannia at the start of the Dark Ages. Forget all the stuff about Myrddin (Merlin), the grail and so on, that seems to have been added on in Medieval stories about him. The real Artos would have been fighting against the invading Saxon barbarians. The funny thing is that there might well have been some victories against the English - we know that something happened around 500AD, which stopped the Saxon advance dead in its tracks and even rolled it back a bit in places for 50 years.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   

The truth is far more complex

It coitainly is,

www.questknights.com...

top topics

join